BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2011
This machine is not stitching the designs correctly and I have several years of sewing experience. I also own a Janome sewing machine and overlock so I understand their products. This 200e will add stitches or skip stitches thereby rendering your designs useless. I even tried the pre-loaded Janome designs and had the same issues. I have wasted money, not to mention several yards of material and thread on this machine to rule out user error which is what I was being told on the Janome forum (they never think it is ever a machine issue). I have done all the trouble shooting from Kennys Korner and Janome and nothing worked. Definitely something wrong with the machine. It is DOA! If you look on the forums, others are complaining about this similar issue. I wouldn't even bother with the 350e as it has the same issue. Returning the machine and asking for a refund. Spend the extra money and buy the Brother PE770. The Brother is much more intuitive, plenty of options and a larger hoop size.
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2013
Broke one week after purchase sent it back to be repaired and haven't gotten it back yet its been three weeks since it was sent back. Don't know if I would buy another one.
on October 8, 2013
So far I am enjoying this machine. The only negative I have is I wish I would have invested in a machine with a larger embroidery area. I also wish there had been more instruction on how to down load additional templates to be compatible with the machine.
on January 7, 2013
This embroideress is fantastic for those that are beginning their own business of embroidering. It is quick, simple, good and of excellent quality. It is seen that it is durable. I recommend it.
on January 23, 2016
Love it ! just a little hint if You want some Good Thread to use in this Machine Try Guterman Dekor Thread it's 40 wt , it doesn't Snap or get Tangle in the machine and it Looks Great when Project is Done , I've tried other Threads like Brother , ect and it wasn't Good and I'm Please with this Thread (Guterman)
on August 7, 2012
great product, love to use it. and fast delivery. wouild buy one again. a janome is a good machine to own and use making school clothes for my kids.
on December 25, 2011
I have owned this machine a little over a year and I am very pleased with it. The stitches are beautiful. The machine has accepted many different brands of thread;however, I set the tension before sewing on original due to different weight of thread. My only regret is that I did not get the 300e (the embroidery surface is larger ) .
Also as far as my machineI have not had any Problems with it skipping or adding stitching.
on January 8, 2012
I went to my local quilt shop for my birthday/Christmas present, thinking I was coming home with a Janome 11000 Special Edition SEWING - QUILTING - EMBROIDERY machine (all in one .. that's important) for about $1600 ... long, sad story short, my facts were very mixed up. My shop helped me figure out that I could get Janome's 6300 SEWING machine AND Janome's 200e EMBROIDERY machine for a 'little bit more' and satisfy those wants. So I did that. Love the MC6300P ... the 200e, not so much.

As the title states ... I am ready to move up. The 200e, for the PRICE, is waaaay too limiting. Whether you pay $499 online or the price I paid in my shop (several dollars more, and we'll leave it at that... ) you are stuck with the 5 x 5 hoop, max size. Sure you can get the 2 x 2 hoop .. Go to[...] and you will see what I mean. The first embroidery machine that will allow you to "upgrade" a hoop is the 300e. I don't want this to sound ALL bad .. if you don't want to do large embroidery, fine .. 5 x 5 is nice .. I did one of the included butterflies and it was GORGEOUS .. plenty big. Plus, all larger embroidery means is more thread and more thread means more money .. and larger, different embroidery projects means larger, different hoops and I think they are expensive ... But hey, I don't want to be limited if I don't have to be. I want that choice myself. I got the 200e at the time due to financial constraints ... My very sweet husband understands the flexibility of the upgrade and agrees it's worth the money. There won't be the need for another machine after this one .. the 350e looks like it does a'plenty!

The Janome brand is all I have been exposed to as far as embroidery machines. I have nothing to compare it to. This 200e seems to be a powerhouse .. it does skip a stitch or two here and there, but I think that's just because the machine works so hard. I had a problem with the thread bunching up at the needle twice, but according to Janome's OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE, the large spool of Floriana thread I was using needed to be stood up instead of laid down on top of the machine. Fixed the problem completely.

You have to be careful about your project on the touchscreen. I didn't know about this, but it probably would have come up at my next 'free session' at my quilt shop -- 2 are included with the purchase of the machine .. nice thing about buying local instead of online -- as you are designing your own pattern, without drawing this out too far, the best I can say is, you can't go back. I made up something to put on a pillowcase which included a simple cross-stitch design and our initials ... the design was chosen and moved to the far right and then chosen again and flipped over and moved to the far left in order to fit our initals in between (that's an example of the onscreen editing you can do .. it's very easy) ... Once I had the design where I wanted it, I selected the ABC button for our initials, entered those, then got to see how it was going to look. I realized our initals were too large and I could not 'go back' ... I tried and lost everything. Easy enough for me to redo this time, but I realized, like on the computer, I should have ... you guessed it ... SAVED MY WORK !! Lesson learned. Don't know if this will be any different on the 350e, but I'm ready for it anyway :D (Oh, pillowcase design didn't work out because of my spacing :( .. point against 200e in the design dept .. can only resize designs in 10% increments VS 350e which works in 1% increments, I do believe)

This review is a little wordy, but it's Honest Abe. I like the machine, it does enough. Janome should include both hoops. I don't believe it's MSRP should be $999 .. it's not worth that. It JUST is worth $499. Put your hands on the machine before you buy it. I really don't recommend buying online something like this, unless you already know about it ~ it's just too big a purchase.

OH, and my 'auto-threader' .. it's a joke. I hate to say it like that, but it is. Works great on my 6300, but not the 200e.
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
I spent quite a few hours researching different models & consulting w/a quilting & sewing goddess of a friend about which machine would best suit my needs. My budget allowed for a decent selection, but I didn't want a machine that was smarter than me. This does everything I want, has a bigger hoop than the Brother I was originally looking at (which she-rightly so-said I'd prefer) & is very user-friendly. I watched the enclosed instruction video & worked along w/the machine: when it taught threading, I threaded; when it taught preloaded design selection, I clicked too. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get my designs from USB to the machine (there's a lengthy post on Janome's help site about it). Once I figured that out & downloaded the software he suggested, I was set. I've now made 4 or 5 things & my only issues have been user error (hoop not on tight, excess thread not clipped). I've even found that my machine isn't a thread snob & will work as well w/the all-purpose store brand thread as it will w/the name brand embroidery thread.
I have two complaints, which I know I can work around w/time & experience: it's hard to work on thick fabric (I ended up pulling out seams on vinyl/canvas a diaper bag I was embroidering because I couldn't keep the hoop attached) & I wish I had an unlimited design area (I know I can rehoop).
I've purchased designs from several websites now in different formats & have been able to convert them to use w/the machine w/perfect results, save one, & that was user error (I didn't take the time to put facing on the back of a sweatshirt & the thread bunched, material shifted & needle broke).
I absolutely love my machine! It threads just like my White sewing machine (except the needle threader on my Janome works), it's simple to use, & it makes beautiful things while I sit back & watch. It was well worth the money spent, even though it was more than the machine I'd originally picked, and I came in under my budget.
on November 18, 2014
The machine arrived in two days. I had requested 5-8 day delivery. I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived so quick.
So far I like the machine. Having come down from a professional machine to this I was skeptical about its performance. The letting is great. That's all I have tried so far. The manual doesn't say what extension goes with this machine and janome has several. Hopefully I have the answer now. I was told jef is the correct one for this machine. I will try later today and learn how to work with designs I have in my stock.