Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 151 reviews
on June 8, 2016
I've compared with my kitchen measuring cups that I used previously and this scoop's accuracy is a bit off. It's close , but when you are managing a pet who needs to lose a few pounds, accuracy is important! 1 cup of dog food in my kitchen measuring cup is a little less than 1 cup in this scoop. 1.5 cups in this scoop is closer to 2 cups in my standard measuring cup. So I've had to adjust the amounts I feed accordingly. The lines are a little confusing, too. It says it is a 2 cup scoop, but based on the lines and measurements, you could fill beyond the 2 cup line which would probably put it around 2.5 cups.

I do like the convenience of this scoop but wish I'd gotten one a little smaller/shorter in length and that the measurements were easier to read. Clear on clear can be hard to see, especially in my pantry, where I keep the dog food. I am debating drawing over the measurements and the lines in a few places with something darker.
on August 5, 2012
I am giving this item 2 stars because their Customer Service department contacted me immediately after my complaints. The first scoop that arrived had a melted end on the scoop! This was going into a gift basket and no way could I put it in looking like that! I sent an email to the company and they agreed to send a replacement right out. I had asked to have this item shipped to my PO Box the first time and Amazon told me the company would sent to PO Boxes so I assumed it would come UPS. NOT their idiot shipping department sent it in a flimsy plastic bag by USPS! So when I contacted the Customer Service department about the defective scoop I pointed out if they ship USPS send it to my PO Box, I don't have street delivery mail. "Right away" shipping with this company means 7-10 days by turtle so when I finally got the replacement scoop it was again in a thin, flimsy plastic bag and this time the handle was broken off the scoop! That was enough for me and once agin I contacted the Customer Service department requesting a full refund for the item which they credited to me in a timely manner.

Too much frustration for a $6.00 plastic scoop!
I love these scoops for our daily dog dinner time. It measures out exactly 2 cups when full and you can do half and one cup increments. I keep two containers of different dog food for our five dogs and I have one of these scoops in each bin. They have survived daily use for almost a year and a weekly trip through the dishwasher with no cracking.
on June 8, 2014
I use this for filling my cat's litter boxes with fresh litter. Deep, yet lightweight scoop, it is going to last forever, it's that study. I liked it so much I bought another one for bird seed. Worthwhile to buy this.
AND today, a year later, I'm buying another one , as I feed the birds in the front and back yard and I love this scoop because it's lightweight for my arthritic hands, yet sturdy and holds a lot of seed. So bye bye, heavy metal scoop in my front yard, and hello, lightweight scoop #3.
Now I'll have 1 in the big cat litter bin inside, one in my metal bird seed bin in back and another in the metal bird seed bin on my front porch.

The 2 older scoops still look like the day I bought them...brand new.
on June 10, 2016
I had a dog food which gave food suggestions using volume and mass. I scooped up the food using the measurements on the scoop and then weighed the contents, spot on. I know some others complained about the measurements being inaccurate. Volume measurements will always be inaccurate. If you are really concerned use mass. Then you will have the same amount no matter what shape the kibble is. For everything else this scoop is great.
on March 25, 2014
The scale on the scoop is tough to read so I end up having to count lines, this becomes less of a problem once you use it for a while. The handle is open to the top so it acts as a mini-scoop and you'll end up having to dump stuff out of the handle before you scoop what you want. Biggest problem is that the measure increments are not quite accurate, if I put in a cup and a half measured from a dry measure cup the scoop shows that as noticeably less than a cup and a half.
on January 22, 2017
I love these scoops! I feel like these are a necessity for pet owners! The scoops seem to be of quality plastic that will last for a long time. The measurement lines are well marked. The only complaint I have, which isn't really a complaint, is that the listing is for a "white" scoop. The scoop is actually clear, which I personally like better, but I feel it is important for listings to be as accurate as possible.
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2010
We buy our dog food, cat food and cat litter in bulk to save money and store them in the Vittles Vault II 40-Pound Clear Base Cranite Top. This scoop is a tiny bit large for those particular containers, you have to tip it back a bit to get it out, but it's not a big deal. Our dog is on a diet, so having the measurements on the scoop is extremely helpful. It's made of durable plastic, this won't break if you drop it. It's a great little scoop, especially considering the low low price and free shipping. Worth it!
on May 10, 2015
I have an 11 yo boxer and just got a boxer puppy a few months back and needed a scoop to carefully measure out his meals and this scoop is perfect for my (our) needs. The senior boxer has his own food container and 2 cup pet food scoop that we've used for years .... long story short, this IRIS pet food scoop has a flat bottom! It never occurred to me what a hassle the other rounded bottom scoop was until I got this. I came back to order a second one for the senior boxer.
on July 18, 2010
This is useful and works fine for the price... I use this daily to scoop my pup's food and it works for that but I wish the handle were solid because what happens sometimes is food gets in the handle part and when I tip it over to her food bowl, some kibble from the handle rolls away, missing the bowl. Totally can deal with it and use it, but something to be aware of.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.