Customer Reviews: IRIS Pet Food 2-Cup Scoop
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Now

Style: Scoop|Color: Clear|Change
Price:$6.99+ Free shipping

on September 6, 2012
Have had this container for about 2 weeks & am very happy with it keeping the food fresh. Do as the others have suggested & keep the pet food in the original bag - that way the interior stays clean & no accumulation of oils in container.

I did feel the container was a bit pricey so I just ordered one when I really need 2 more. I remembered seeing pet food containers at the Wal Martians & thinking they were about sixteen dollars. Went back there & looked at their pet containers, they had a different brand, one with a blue lid & compared to IRIS brand, theirs had a flimsy lid & several reviews said the lid was not air tight. That was enough for me to come back to Amazon & put in an order for another IRIS container. I intend to purchase another one in the coming weeks.

Upon arrival of my IRIS, I was totally disappointed because I did not think an 18 pound bag of food would fit in there. Well, it was a tight squeeze since I just left the food in the bag & stuffed it in there. But the lid snapped easily & it has been on the back porch where ants are abundant, but so far no ants or other critters have been seen in the container.

Another thing, they are compact & don't take up much room - taller & slim, rather than being wide & short.

Update on the Iris containers - It has been a couple of months & I now have 3 of these containers, one for cat food, one for dog food & one for bird seed. The containers are still air tight & no bugs or staleness of stored product has occured. I believe they come in different sizes for larger bags for whatever you are wanting to store.

Don't settle for second best at the Wal Martians, you will be disappointed.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2013
I've posted pictures here comparing the 67 to the 69 quart version. Both purchased on Amazon. The specs between the two are not that different.

14.7 x 17.9 x 23.8 inch; 69 quart container

14.8 x 19.3 x 20.7 inches; 67-quart capacity

The 67 is a little more "rigid" due to the way the forming was done. The wheels on both units are the weakest point. I've broken them off by letting them drop to the floor a few inches. I was able to duct tape the wheel back on, but it's not a pretty sight. As others have noted: Be careful when rolling or dropping these when loaded. On several of the units we don't use the wheels, so it's obviously not an issue.

At this point in time, the 69 quart unit is several dollars less than the 67, on Amazon.
review image review image review image
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2009
I ordered this container to keep my bread flour supply safe from whatever might want to get in it. The container is of sturdy construction, and the casters roll easily on my kitchen floor, even when supporting a 50 lbs sack of flour safely stashed inside the container. I guess the mobility of the container is one of its greatest assets, as it is much easier to roll 50 pounds than to drag the same weight in wheel-less box. The tight fitting, hinged lid is another very good idea, as is the simple but effective closure.

I have another container by the same maker. It is smaller, but it holds two bags of cat food. If I ever needed more storage, I would look at the selection of those quality made containers, to see if I find the size that would fit the need.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
Ordered this container to store 18 pound bags of dog food. They fit perfect!! If i would pour the dog food out of the bag and store it directly in the container i could get much more to fit in it. I prefer to keep the food in the original bag so when it's empty all i have to do is take the empty bag out and replace it with another bag and not have to worry about washing the container between bags as the oils from the food can become rancid over time. I have several older models of the same container and they have lasted for years--store cat food, dog food and cat litter in them. They are great!! No problems with any bugs invading the food and i know it is always safe and fresh.
on February 7, 2009
I know this sounds silly, but I purchased one of these in a pet store a while back. When it came time to buy more containers (cat food, rice, etc.) we looked all over until we finally found them here. They are a far superior product. The latch snaps in snugly and the space under the latch also functions as a very effective handle. Wheels are also a nice touch. We use it for dog food and it constantly gets knocked over, thrown in a trunk, etc. and it has always stayed nice and sealed. I mean, seriously, I paid $25 each for them here (instead of $10 for an imitation in store) and they are worth every penny.
on July 8, 2015
I bought the 15qt. model because we only have one cat. We usually buy the 7lb. bags of Science Diet Adult cat food. Before I bought this, though, I was concerned that it might not be big enough for 7lbs. of new food, plus the amount of food left over from the previous bag, plus the scoop we leave on top. I'm glad to say, there's plenty of room for all three.

The quality of the unit is fine - about on par with a Rubbermaid container. Not really sure why they threw in the word "Premium" in the description, though. It's a good unit even so and very convenient to operate. The latch flips down easily and snaps back up with a satisfying feeling. The lid opens and closes easily and quietly. I had considered one of those round top, spin open containers that get many 5-star reviews, but when I saw them at the local store, I saw that this container was much easier for me to open. Maybe out on a carport or barn, this would not be the best container to use. But inside the house, it's great and I'd get it again!
review image
on October 2, 2013
Not much to say, they are airtight, but do not seal really tight. I would agree airtight, but not water sealed... nobody said they were, just for reviewers sake though, they wont stop liquid from sloshing out. I filled these with bags of rice for storage, and they easily handled the load, even with the casters. I wouldn't roll them over much, and the floor is smooth, so they roll nicely. The casters probably would not hold up to abuse.

Top quality container though, very durable, and feels plenty tough. Not flimsy in any way.
review image
on September 4, 2012
This container is nice and is versatile but the seal is made of a foam material not a rubber gasket as I had anticipated when purchasing it. This combined with the way the lid snaps doesn't give me as much confidence as I would like that I am getting a true air tight seal with the container.
on May 4, 2009
Works great for my dog food-holds a 33lb bag of dog food perfectly (not much room leftover-so I would suggest a larger container if you get 40lb bags of dog food or larger). The locking latch is great for keeping the lid the shut tight. The wheels are great for moving it around and cleaning around it, but I just wish it had a locking feature on at least one of the wheels so it wouldn't move backwards when I'm scooping out the dog food. Other than that, it's a great product. I would recommend it.
on July 13, 2012
We have been searching for an airtight container to store our dog's food. Most products are stainless steel and cost over 300 bucks each. I had my doubts about the quality of the Iris plastic containers but trusted the many 5 star ratings from other customers. I am glad I did! We buy high quality dog food that is vacuum sealed in the bag and prior to this purchase all that freshness would be gone in a day or two due to not storing the food correctly. We bought 4 containers. They sit neatly side by side. They each hold the 44 lb bags of food no problem with plenty of room to spare. My only concern would be the plastic hinge, I am worried about it's durability. In our case, it is a non-issue as we put the bins close to the wall, so when opened, the lid leans on the wall and never has any pressure in the open position on the hinge. The wheels are a plus and are sturdy enough to roll 44 lbs of dog food around a smooth concrete floor no problem. All in all ~ Great product!