Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 111 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
After a few times and a few hours of playing with this game, I would have to say that this is one of those games that either you like it or you don't. Personally I liked it fairly well. It is an old style arcade type of shoot the ducks game, but with a better delivery. The graphics are awesome and the flow is much better than shooting at ducks scrolling across the screen but it is the same premise. The game plays out as a scrolling movie theme. The accuracy is pretty decent for what it is. The game requires you to have a move controller. And the game does allow two people to play at once, However, for some odd/dumb reason the game wants a single player to beat a level before you can come back and play it with two players! Wha?? The game developers sure messed up on that one, as there is absolutely no strategy behind this element. Two players at any given time would definitely be more fun than just a single payer. So for that I give it a 1 star down vote because it makes me go - like what the????
I use a gun attachment for our move controller to fit into, and it sure makes the game all the more enjoyable. And here in April of 2017 now that the game is so cheap it really is a great deal. At it's current price I would not hesitate buying it. I paid full pop right after it's release and really wish I hadn't done that. Don't get me wrong, it is a great game but just wasn't worth the $ I paid back when it was a new release.

All in all, You may wonder if I would I buy this game again? Yup sure would, especially now that it's so inexpensive!!
Don't get me wrong, this is a great game, but with some problems. The first problem is save points. I played this game about 30 minutes or so, and was taken back to the beginning after I died. I then started over, and the same thing happened. So, I invested one hour into a game, and have to start at the beginning with a scene I already saw. I finally decided to play again. I finally beat the train gang level, but was told I needed 400,000 points to open the next level. Are you kidding me? I work. I don't want to play the same level because I saw it, and want to see new stuff. Guess not. I played it a fourth time, and went to the Robot level, but was still upset with all the time I wasted trying to open new levels (the trick is to sit closer to the TV,instead of 15 feet away. LOL). This is a precision game, and is based off of multipliers. So, if you shoot 30 cardboard figures in a row, and then miss, your multiplier is now 15.
The second problem I saw was "Showtime". To activate "Showtime", you have to twirl the Move controller 360 degrees. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but moving the controller towards me and back to the screen in a full circle. The problem I found though is that if the Move controller is tilted upwards, Showtime doesn't work. The directions at the beginning of the game didn't really explain Showtime well enough, although I figured it out, and have activated it several times. The problem is that this motion feels awkward. Why couldn't I point at something on screen to activate Showtime instead of twisting my wrists?
The third and final problem I have is that you must move the Move controller to the left or right to avoid certain shots like the Quickdraw minigame or when the bad guys throw knives at you (if you don't shoot the knife). For me, this has no place in a light shooter game. Takes away from the fun factor IMO.
Overall, this is a very fun game, although very frustrating because of the save points and the movements to get special moves going. I think it would be better to press a button on the Move controller or point at an object on screen. I do believe if Sony addressees these issues, The Shoot 2 will be a hot selling game.
on October 11, 2016
Great movie themed Move based game! Key game features include:
Motion controller-based gun-play including powerful special attacks, such as Rampage, Showtime, and Shockwave, that allow players to wreck havoc on action movie sets.
Highly destructible environments that can be shot away to expose enemies, secret power-ups, bonus items and deleted scenes
Five themed movie sets including Haunted House Party, Outlaws, Robot Rebellion, Deep Perils, and The Mob
on December 13, 2011
I got this game mostly to enjoy a two player shooter. I was greatly disappointed when I found out that I have to clear levels in order to unlock that 'feature'. We're close to 2012 this kind of mentality has to go. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that want to just do 2 players. If the developers are seeing this, I'd highly recommend releasing a patch to enable two player mode without having to play the game in single player.
This is a well thought and designed game in terms of shooting. It gets a little bit of getting used to it, initially so you might find yourself calibrating a few times. Once it's set you should be good to go. I didn't find myself needing to purchase the guns in order to have fun with this game, the ps3 move controllers were more than enough. One thing I think can also be improved is the loading time between stages, it seems a little bit slow and I think that's because it tries to preload the entire scene into the GPU or memory.
on August 13, 2017
Waste of money, sensitivity issues from the word go even after making all the adjustments. Am done with Sony ps3 move and all games that use the move controller. Disappointed again.
on September 16, 2016
Okay game, was fun till i couldnt please the director LOL - it will explain that in the game the director is the one who you make upset or please and if hes pleased means your winning basically lol... but me and my boyfriend cant get past one part and its annoying !!! If you have ever played house of the dead, its the same shooting style. the screen moves you around itself and you hurt your arm and hand and fingers shooting things forever lol.
on March 4, 2014
The game is based on making a movie. Pretty much how much the director is pleased is your life bar. When you get hit or mess up the director gets mad. There are hidden puzzle pieces in the levels (2 per level). There is a 2 player mode but it has to be unlocked by beating that story mode. This is a linear based game so no free roam and easy to follow (No nav controller needed).

Pros:
Easy to play
Special moves (To engage slow motion you need to spin around)
Pistol Whip
Quick Draw
Not real people so its PG for Children. The Characters are all cutouts.

Cons:
Pistol whip motion not always registered (But when you get it its good)
2 player mode has to be unlocked.

I played the demo for this game and loved it. This is one of the crowd favorites at game night.
on October 10, 2014
I absolutely loved this game when I had it as a demo, but I have had a really difficult time calibrating the full game to make it very easy to play. It seems like there's always a lag or I just can't get the gun to point correctly. I'm sure the demo was probably way easier to get you to buy the full version, but that was what made it fun for me, just shooting everything in sight and not spending too much time frustrated and losing!

We have called the makers of various guns we tried for this game to see if it was an accessory problem, but it's definitely user. I haven't played The Shoot in a while, but I think I want to try again now that I wrote this review!
on March 15, 2011
For those expecting real-life like shooting, find other FPS games like KillZone (3) or Time Crisis. The context is "movie filming" and not war simulation. It's pretty much an arcade shooting gallery.

It takes time to get past first level in order to move on or get 2 players as other reviewers emphasized. But the good news as I see it is the points are accumulated so once you get so many points you unlock next level. The kids that like robots (e.g., transformer toys, power ranger, etc) may actually like the second level where it's shooting robots.

It's highly intuitive to use with a Move controller, and a hand gun shell. This is the most kid-friendly Move/gun-based shooting game for PS3, so its great for kids learning to aim if you can only use PS3 (no Wii) shooting games. There still somewhat disturbing scenes for younger kids (women screaming for help while running around or tied up to beam). So you might want to try download the demo first. Kids really young (4 - 7 years old) I would recommend some ducky/chicken shooting games on Wii.

Anyway, good fun arcade style shooting game especially with Move controller and a gun shell. Good buy when it's under $30.
on September 21, 2017
Most fun I've had with PlayStation move thing. total arcade shooter

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.