Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Honeywell MS9520 Voyager Barcode Scanner with USB Host Interface / MK9520-32A38
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on August 13, 2009
I just wanted to let any future shoppers know that Metrologic makes 9 different versions of this model.
What I was looking for was a black scanner with USB only. Just plug it into your PC and go.
I could not find the exact model number on Amazon so I had to buy it from a prefered reseller.
If that is what you are looking for you need MK9540-32A38

I am not sure if this is listing is the correct version or not.
on January 7, 2014
This is about 100x better than the <$50 "Sky" Symbol knock off that I tried first. It puts out a tight clean laser line and picks up scans quickly for me (code 128 alpha-numeric-symbolic part numbers of various sizes up to 40 characters, but none particularly tiny).
on April 19, 2010
Installation on a Win7 machine using a USB port was very easy: P-N-P. I tested the scanner with a variety of barcode formats and it worked flawlessly. Although the price point was higher than some of the other scanners it appears to be an excellent value.
on January 6, 2013
For some reason, I have to press the little button on top to scan things. On the other one I have from a couple years ago, I don't have to press that button, and I'm pretty sure that's how it came out of the box. Not a big deal, and it's clearly me who was too lazy to figure out how to make is scan automatically, but I couldn't find out how to fix it as fast as I wanted (so it didn't get fixed at all).
on January 18, 2015
All three scanners are working as desired, shipment was fast and intAct upon arrival. Set up was literally plug and go. These units were replacements for two others we had in the facility that get used hundreds of times per day and they lasted over 8 years. Well made product, would highly recommend.
on March 4, 2010
This is a fantastic product. Hooked it up and have been using it successfully ever since. It's easy and reliable. I highly recommend it.
on May 14, 2012
So I purchased this looking for the MS9540. I was shipped the MS9520. Unaware that the MS9520 has a fake button to use when off it's cradle. Since I am used to the one with the button, I wish I would have got the MS9540 instead. Here are two good points about the MS9520 is that without the button it is more friendly to first time users, and secondly it has a detachable cable... at least my 4-year old MS9540 do not have a detachable cable. They may all come with one now. I wonder if you can buy a cable separately once the plastic tab gets brittle.
on July 22, 2015
I'm not impressed. The instructions are extremely vague at very best. They assume you have an idea of what you doing and what to scan on the instructions and all it did was screw up my computer. Fortunately rebooting the computer resolved the problem. I'm generally very good at this stuff and enjoy doing it however this product did not work to my satisfaction. It has been returned and I will try what difference can. it has been returned
on October 16, 2013
i have a yoga studio and use this for check in and stuff.. had tried a couple other 30-50$ models and they suck. had to unplug and plug back in sometimes.. not this one.. so far so good. been using it a week. happy with this one.
on September 7, 2012
I have purchased 3-4 four different cheap bar code scanners over the last six months. I finally broke down and purchased the Honeywell Voyager as the cheap scanners are hit or miss with "roughed" up bar codes on packages that have been mishandled. The Honeywell Voyager scans them all with precision, and accuracy. I will not hesitate to spend 3 to 4 times as much the next time I need a good scanner.