Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 4, 2016
I have had this for a little over 3 yrs and never liked it. When I tried to dice it was inconsistent, meaning some (for example: onion) was pureed and some was chunks, slicing wasn't much better. It's functions started failing one at a time. I kept it to be right, husband thought it was to expensive, he ended up being right as it ended up being a very expensive cheese grater. It was a little over 3 weeks out of warranty and Customer Service said I would have to pay shipping ea way and pay for a repair, so I bought the new 14 Cup KitchenAid. I finally understand the need for a food processor!! Since I had only owned cheap ones, then the Cuisinart, I didn't know what I was missing. The new KitchenAid has a chop function that is life altering, you throw an onion in an presto, instant diced onion. It is amazing slicing veggies - consistent, shredding - consistent, this machine is a true kitchen assistant. When slicing, if you want it to be thicker or thinner, there is a knob on the outside, no more switching disks. I only gave it 4 stars because I thought I was getting a wide mouth lid, if they start selling that, I will change it to 5.
on September 2, 2014
This is a great food processor, don't get me wrong. The high-powered engine is a true workhorse, capable of grinding, chopping and pulverizing most anything. I use it regularly for pie and pastry dough - the included plastic blade processes my pie crust into a ready-to-chill disc every time. Cheese grating...veggie chopping...compiling sauces, salsas, hummus or most anything else in that area...awesome.

That said, this machine has one fatal flaw that leads me to knock it down to three stars (all the way from 'must buy' to 'awesome purchase' to 'hum...maybe). The bowl lid has a permanent seal that is intended to prevent leaks. The problem is that bits of food get stuck up between the seal and upper surface of the lid. Cuisinart has included a little tool for working food out of this predicament, and there are 6-8 small air holes in the upper plastic that allows water (somewhat) to flush the area. The problem is that food still gets stuck up there, and can be a pain to dislodge. Last weekend I made a red pepper puree, and at least a dozen little flecks were up in the lid, which took about an hour to get out using the tool and a stream of water from the faucet.

This represents an unacceptable risk of food-born illness. I have an immune system compromised transplant patient in the house, so we watch for stuff like this. If I were grinding meat for hamburger, fleck of raw meat up in this chamber would be a massive problem. And cheeses, oils and other foods aren't much better. I am not a germophobe, but having bits of food stuck in an appliance is NOT GOOD.

Therefore, I would recommend this only if you don't have very young children, elderly or illness-prone individuals in the household, and I would not recommend using this with raw meat or other high-risk foods. It's too bad...as an amateur chef I love the power and capabilities of this little machine, but the seal issue prevents me from giving it a very positive rating.
on August 20, 2010
I love the Cuisinart FP-12DC Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast food processor like it's my own child.

I'm vegan and about half my food is raw, so I am hard on a processor. I use it at least a few times a week, and have used it for everything from pureeing chunky raw veggies to mixing and kneading seitan (a REALLY tough wheat gluten-based dough). The shredding disc works very well, though it does leave chunks from the ends that sometimes slip through (the same thing has happened with every food processor I've ever owned). Despite what the description says, the grater blade IS reversible for a large or small grate. The slicing disc is AMAZING. I used it to do about 4 pounds of thinly-scalloped potatoes, and it took less than 5 minutes. It's a safe alternative to a mandoline slicer, too - no getting fingertips in your meals.

I absolutely love having the 4-cup bowl for smaller servings of hummus, guacamole, nut butters, and tahini that wouldn't reach the blade in the large bowl. I will never buy a single-bowl food processor again! The lid seals water-tight, and has held up to gazpacho, shredded beets, nutritional yeast sauce, and a lot of other things that tend to make an unholy mess of my kitchen.

The one complaint I have about it is that you can't remove the larger feed slot while the blade is running. I'm sure that's for safety reasons and to prevent splatter, and as I was using the slicer disc at the time, it was a quick workaround to slide the tube out, set a potato on the blade, then slide it back; the motor automatically turns on again as soon as the tube is in place.

I've only had it for a couple months, so we'll see how long it lasts. But the real reason I chose this machine is the 3-year motor and 10-year parts warranty, because I tend to beat the crap out of my appliances. I'll follow up if/when it breaks and how the customer service is regarding replacement.

Aesthetically, it's sleek and gorgeous on my countertop, which is good because the base is ridiculously heavy and there's no way I would lift it in and out of a cupboard every day. It just feels really well made and of high quality. I love this thing!
on April 27, 2015
I really like this Cuisinart Elite 12 cup food processor. The motor is so powerful, however, that care must be taken not to over-process stuff. Even the small bowl and blade chop whatever you put into it so quickly, you think it can't possibly be done yet, but it is. I had a small 7 cup Cuisinart, with a much less powerful motor prior to this one, and the difference in quality of results is amazing. Whereas previously after I chopped an onion, for instance, there would be some larger pieces left unchopped and some chopped to a mush. This machine produces evenly sized, perfectly chopped pieces in seconds. I like the adjustability of the slicing blade, too; it makes great thin slices of cucumber for salad.
All the safety features have taken some getting used to, ie: the locking and unlocking mechanism of the lid to work bowl, the locking and unlocking feature of the large pusher. Another, so far minor, problem is that one MUST be sure the machine is in off mode after assembling and before plugging it in. There is not really any way to tell what mode it is in, since there are just push buttons for the various functions, and the light comes on after the machine turns on.
Another good point about this machine is that the plastic parts (work bowls, cover, etc.) seem to be made of much sturdier plastic than that of my
old one. All in all, I anticipate many happy uses of this Cuisinart food processor.
on May 28, 2015
I have been around and around with Amazon and Cuisinart about this product, and would like to share the results. This is a review of the 12 CUP FP-12DC food processor. NOT the 14 cup model. Every time I asked a question, I would get answers relating to the 14 cup model. Amazon does a very poor job of separating different models of products in their review files.
First- the listings for the black color, the pink color, the white color, and the brushed aluminum version state clearly that the dough blade is included with the unit. For some unknown reason, this one, the die-cast color, does not state that. It has the very same description, but it seems that someone has carefully cut out the words dough blade. Odd, I know, but true. The Cuisinart website states that all of the versions of this model come with the dough blade. Why Amazon leaves it off of the description of this model, I do not know. The good news is that YES, IT DOES COME WITH THE DOUGH BLADE.
Second- the term 'die-cast' is misleading. Not only misleading, but an out-and -out lie. The term die-cast means it is made of metal. Usually what is called pot metal, which is an inexpensive zinc alloy. But in any case, metal. This food processor housing is PLASTIC. Grey plastic. Not bad looking at all, but certainly not metal. I have been informed that it would have been much more expensive if it had been actually die-cast. So I was not cheated monetarily, but lied to as to the material used in the manufacture. The description needs to be changed, as it is false advertising to claim that it is die-cast. It is a die-cast COLOR. That is as close as it comes to being metal.
It is a very well made machine, very, very quiet, and a joy to play with. I look forward to many years of service from it.
on January 27, 2014
I only bought the FP-12BK Elite a few weeks ago so I haven't used it as a "work horse" as yet but I do like it so far. After trying to do my research for a couple of months I finally realized that while customer reviews are really helpful they can also serve to confuse. For me the right appliance isn't always the biggest one, or the fanciest one. That said, this machine has the right amount of bells and whistles for me. The Cuisinart seemed to be the one with the fewest complaints about motor failure, break down of parts and bad customer service and it had safety features I really liked, such as cutting blades that lock in place.
It's a substantial machine but doesn't take up a lot of space on my limited countertop and the first time I turned it on I realized that if I wasn't looking at it I would not have known it was running because you don't hear the motor. The toughest test I've given it so far has been raw, whole Brussels sprouts which I sliced for a salad. I put 2 pounds in and they were perfectly sliced in a few short "pulses". My old machine sliced things like cabbage, for cole slaw, very unevenly. I always had to pick out the bigger pieces. So far I have not seen that with this unit. I also love the fact that the bowls and blades lock in place, a great safety feature. I've also made a thick soup, which can be messy in a processor. The unit achieved the texture I hoped for and I was able to pour the contents out of the bowl without the blade falling out with the soup. Also, cleanup is easy. I never find any food particles lingering in the rubber gasket in the lid. I also bought the storage box, and like it as well. All appliances work great until they don't. You can do your homework til the cows come home and still purchase the perfect unit only to find out you have a lemon on your hands which is why I finally decided to trust my instincts and go with this one-----so far I'm really glad I did.
on October 20, 2009
Let me begin by telling you this processor replaces a 30-year-old original Cuisinart DLC-8. It didn't have a wide feed tube, and had much less power, so I'm not making a comparison with a newer, comparable machine. It's kind of like comparing an economy car to a Mercedes. Also, I got it for a significant discount during a Macy's sale, which is the only reason I bought it. I don't know if I'd pay the regular price for it. Another reviewer liked the limited edition better when spending the big bucks. That said, I'm happy with it, but not as thrilled as I expected to be.

First of all, be forewarned, this baby is BIG. I have a small appliance garage on my counter. My old one fit in there facing front-to-back, with the work bowl attached and the cover inverted. This one is so large I can't face it forward -- the door won't close. So it's in sideways, with the bowls attached, but the cover sits on its side next to it, because with the large feed tube you can't just turn the lid upside down. Other appliances (hand mixer, stick blender with attachments) had to find other homes. If space is a premium for you, think hard about this one. A measurement they don't give you and which might be useful: height with bowls, but without the lid is about 12.5 inches.

One of the main reasons I wanted a new processor was power. I make an English muffin bread that has an extremely soft dough -- you might say more of a stiff batter. It doesn't do well in my large stand mixer - the dough crawls up the dough hook, so I tried using my old food processor. It bogged down and just stopped - I think the internal override must have tripped, because in a while it worked again. It's the only thing that ever completely overwhelmed that old workhouse, although it slowed down and groaned on many an occasion. This one handled it, but with a little bit of effort. You could hear it laboring, but it made it.

I do love the 3 work bowls; they fit together beautifully. You can do something in the smallest bowl, take it out and leave the stuff in there, then do the next one, and so on. The bowls below stay clean. The chopping blade and slicer/shredders work with both of the larger bowls. However, you can only use the dough blade with the largest bowl, not the middle one. I made pizza last night and since pizza dough is a smaller amount, I think it would have worked better in the smaller bowl. In the large one it kind of got lost. I was happy with the final kneading results - soft and smooth, but I had to fiddle with it a little. There was a flour ring left in around the shaft, about an inch or so radius. Nothing too disturbing. I had no residue in the corner between the bottom and sides. The adjustable slicing blade is really great - love it! And the sealed top works as advertised. It's the first time I made anything that starts with dry flour that didn't make a dust cloud around the whole machine. Also, I like the way the top attaches, with a click rather than a twist. When you need to take the top off and on several times, it seems much easier to me.

Another thing I like is the bumps they put on the bottom of both the small and large feed tubes. They grip the food in the chute better and it doesn't seem to slip sideways as easily. Perhaps Cuisinart has done this for years and I don't know it, but it's a big improvement over my old one. I also like that the smaller feed tube is a nice sized oval - in fact, about the same size as my old one. Some other models have a small circular feed tube that could hardly hold a very large carrot.

There are a lot of parts to this thing, so I think I may not bother getting it out sometimes because of the hassle. For example, I made some butternut squash soup the day after I got it. Even tho it was brand new and I wanted to try it, I didn't bother dragging the whole thing out to puree the squash, I used my stick blender instead. I think it would have done a good job, but it didn't seem worth the trouble. On the other hand, that's exactly why I have a stick blender. Maybe if I made a huge amount it would be worth it. I'm sure if you keep it on the counter it would be much handier.
2727 comments| 709 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2015
My wife and I have been wanting to buy a food processor for quite a while and researched the heck out of these, talked to relatives and were all set on buying a Kitchen-aid. Then we got to looking at some Cuisinart again and finally settling on the Cuisinart 11, but then I saw the 12 on Amazon and it has more of what we wanted for options and simplicity. Not to mention we caught a deal for the white one at $150, so it beat any other option by quite a bit.

I really like the 4 cup option as we are in the process of making homemade baby food and you don't have to dirty a 12 cup bowl to make a smaller batch. The bowl seal very well and don't slip or fall out when dumping the contents out of the smaller bowl, so I am really happy. You can, however, slop some down the tube into the larger bowl if you take the blade out when cleaning the smaller bowl. Not a problem, but just keep it in mind.

I was slightly disappointed I couldn't run the slicer blades in the 4 cup, but not that big of a deal. This is really my only beef with the system. The adjustable slice works great and easy to change thicknesses, so takes less than a few seconds to go from paper thin to nice slicers for BLTs. Metal blades seem to chew through anything and can make salsa or guacamole in less than 30 seconds. Actually it is kind of sad, as the joy of chopping up/blending/pureeing is so short lived. I can do a bag of potatoes in about a minute with this baby.

It is a big machine and not a light weight by any means, so don't plan on moving it around 1 handed. It fits in our cupboard, but just barely, as the door almost touches, but not quite. We have it in a taller shelf area on the bottom, so it can be stored with the top on, but if you don't have that option, the bowl will have to come off. It also fits nicely under our cabinets on the counter with the option to tuck it under or just pull out a bit to have access to the feed tube. Small feed tube can come off while running, but the large tube has a safety switch that requires the plunger to be used for operation. Probably keeps me from accidentally sticking my hand in there and having less fingers.

All in all, it has been a good buy for our needs and will handle 2 pizza dough batches for party night, so I would buy it again with out a second though.
on November 26, 2013
I HATE this food processor. I've had it for a year, used it about 5 or 6 times and it has never worked consistantly. Cuisinart sent me a new work bowl, figuring that I had a faulty one, but still, it works intermittently. There are so many safety switches on this thing that a LOT can go wrong. Also, the lid gasket is very difficult to clean. Too bad they don't still offer the food processor from the '80's...that workhorse lasted 32 years with nary a problem. Lucky for me, I ordered from Amazon...Cuisinart didn't stand behind their product, but Amazon did. THAT's why I always buy through Amazon.
on October 2, 2011
I replaced my old 1970 Cuisinart Food Processor with the new Cuisinart 12DC Elite Collection food processor. Had hard time deciding between the 12 cup and 14 cup. I bought the 12 cup, if I had it to do over I would buy the 14 cup. This 12 cup is sufficient for us, but for a few more $ I could have had the larger one.

I have used it many times in the last month. I have used all the disc and chopping blades. I love it for pie crust. I have a 5 cup flour pie crust recipe and the 12 cup bowl is plenty big. My 1970 model would not handle the 5 cups of flour.

After using I immediately rinse with clear water, then wash in hot soapy water, rinse and towel dry. As far as the parts being hard to clean I do not find that true. I have notice some tiny residue catching in the adjustable slicing blade, alittle special attention to this area and out it comes.

In other reviews it was stated to read the book and watch the DVD first. Did just that, watched the DVD 3 times before taking the processor out of the box, and went thru the book twice. It was a a good learning lesson when it came time to begin to work with the FP. The one thing I did not pay attention to was be careful of the very sharpe blades and two slicing disc. The first two days I had several nicks from all the sharps, and they were sore. I learned pretty quick about the sharps and have had no trouble since.

I give this FP an A+. I also am an Cuisinart fan, it was my first choice when I began to look into replacing my old model.Checked the models and reviews out on different websites, then shopped for models in the stores to actually see them. Came back and ordered from Amazon. Really like to do business with Amazon. Good prices, good service, ordered on Thursday and received Saturday afternoon by Fed Ex. with Amazon's free delivery with a $25 order. I am 75yrs old, love to cook, do lots of cooking extras and have many cooking gadgets. Shirley