Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 956 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,067 reviews
on August 18, 2015
I never watch TV, and haven't for years. However, not to long ago, I saw a movie with Sophia Vergara in it. She's hilarious! I mentioned her to my husband, who said she's one of the stars on Modern Family. So I bought the first season, downloadable to my laptop. Not only is she funny, but so is everyone else. Very well written comedy, and every one of the actors shine. Except maybe for the mom with blonde hair, lol. The gay couple are my favorite. They make me laugh sooooo hard! I'll be definitely be buying the other available seasons as well.
on September 10, 2016
Love this shower
on December 18, 2015
Awesome show
on October 7, 2015
great show, hilarious at times. great content and acting the parts.
on March 3, 2017
Love it!
on July 15, 2016
LOVE THIS SHOW
on December 5, 2010
Great price. Could not resist buying my own Christmas present for the kids to give me since we all love to sit down and watch this show. Even my 3 year old quotes lines from season one. 9 and 11 year old discuss episodes with friends. So funny! Will watch over and over again.
on December 21, 2015
It was okay. Did not leave me wanting more.
on November 23, 2010
If you're reading through reviews on the Amazon product page, you are probably familiar with the riotously funny sitcom Modern Family. The show has been discussed and lauded by more eloquent souls than I, but I would like to comment on the quality of the Blu-Ray, for those interested.

Modern Family was filmed using very high quality cameras in the 16:9 aspect ratio which lends intself perfectly to a Blu-Ray transfer. For a television show, the quality is simply stunning (for comparison's sake, it blows The Office: Season 5 out of the water). Colors are very realistic and buck the trend of over-saturation while still offering plenty of "pop." With few exceptions, detail is crisp and contrast is again excellent. Audio quality and clarity is equally as impressive, although being an ensemble comedy, don't expect much from the rear channels.

The extra features consist of roughly 20-30 minutes (per disc, three discs total) of additional family interviews not aired in the episodes as well as some deleted scenes. I would have liked one or more "making of" type interviews with the cast and crew, but the included extras will suffice. Unfortunately, the quality of the deleted scenes varies wildly between each cut. The video disparity is understandable and does not bother me, but the audio volume changes quite dramatically between one scene and the next, which is a bit annoying.

Despite any negative comments, what's most important about Blu-Ray is being able to enjoy great films and shows (like this one) in the highest quality possible and believe me when I say you will absolutely floored by the pristine picture offered by this transfer. If you enjoy Modern Family, Season 1 on Blu-Ray is a must-have.
on April 30, 2015
Too "modern" to be entertaining.