Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 16, 2015
I've been using Panasonic shavers for over 8 years now and overall, love the brand and performance. This particular model is no exception. When I first got it, the shaving head took some getting used to. It's much bulkier than my previous models. But it was easy enough to get used to with a 360 degree floating head and four blades giving a very close shave. The floating head can also be locked for a tighter feel. The trimmer pops out on the back side of the blade head and works satisfactorily. If you really want a tight trimmer groom, however, I would suggest getting a separate trimmer. It's too bulky to maneuver if you're trying to trim a nice beard line. The charge display is a nice blue color and helpful to see how much charge is left. And the on/off switch has a lock on it so you don't accidentally hit the button and turn it off while shaving. And for those who haven't used a wet/dry shaver with shaving lotion, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. This shaver excels at this and it makes for a wonderfully "fresh" shave feel when done, like a traditional shave without the razor burn. It also comes with a charging base that also serves as a very nice cleaning unit. Honestly, the it keeps the shaver cutting like new. That said, this was the fatal flaw that forced me to only give it 4 stars and return it after a week. The cleaning unit worked for about a week and failed. The status light would come on and stay on. I've had other Panasonic wet/dry shavers with this type of cleaning system and it does seem to be a rather common problem. This one failed soon after I got it but most at least last a year and will likely be covered by warranty service if you want to go through the trouble.
on July 14, 2016
I read all of the reviews and decided to give this a try. I did not want to get waxed for my cruise so I thought I would use this electric razor for my arms, legs, and other private parts. It is marketed toward men but is great for women too. My husband is also very impressed with it as he is not had good experience with other shavers. Easy to use, charge and clean. Works best with full charge.
review imagereview image
on February 3, 2016
Simply Wow!!!

Buying this Panasonic Electric Razor has to be one of the best decisions of my life. If like me you have sensitive skin and have suffered while using a regular razor for years THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I have always hated shaving. Razor burn, razor bumps, sore skin, redness. Oh the pain and suffering! I had been thinking about trying an electric razor for a number of years, but the high cost of the premium electric razors always put me off. I thought it would be an expensive risk to take. However, in recent years I have been unable to have more than twice a week without pain. I finally decided to give it a whirl and chose the Panasonic. I did not expect it to be any good for me at least. But I just had to try. I read a number of reviews and the manufacturers instructions/guidance. The one thing that struck me most was that Panasonic advised that you use the razor for 30 consecutive days to allow your skin to get used to it.

A word of advice and caution. The first two days I used the razor I was rather disappointed as a lot of hair was left behind. However, I remembered the advice from Panasonic and persevered. As the days rolled by I got more and more used to using the razor, and my skin got more and more used to it as well. Within the first week or so I was hooked and in love with my Panasonic razor. I have shaved every day for nearly four weeks, for the first time in my life. It is fantastic to use and everyday I learn a little bit more about using the razor and about my face and my beard.

Three pieces of advice. Firstly, take your time and enjoy the shave. Believe me you can and you will enjoy it. It can take a number of strokes of the razor from a number of directions to get all of the hair but it gets easier and easier the more you shave. Secondly, the shave is never going to be as close as a traditional razor shave after you have let you beard grow for a number of days. But it is pretty damn close. In fact for me it is too close to bother about. What makes the Panasonic infinitely better is that there is no pain, no redness, no soreness at all WHATSOEVER! Thirdly, I would recommend using a powder shaving stick. I am currently using a Blocmen one but will be trying other brands as well.

I cannot praise the Panasonic highly enough. It has changed shaving from a chore into a joy.
on May 22, 2016
I have been shaving for over a decade and get irritated skin all the time. It was like a torture that I had to go through. Talking to doctors, I was told I can not do much about it. I skipped shaving as much as possible. I tried every before shave/ aftershave method and product and changed multiple razors and electric shavers. It was until I realized my irritation is not due to shaving at all and is because of exposure of my skin to nickel. Around 10% of people in the us are allergic to nickel, yet it is used by widely by main shaver manufacturers. I switched to Panasonic and I totally forgot all of the previous shaving problems.
on July 17, 2017
I never thought that I would ever use an electric razor but I had a very troubling experience with a fixed blade razor after nearly 40 years of shaving. A slight cut on the side of my nose introduced a bacteria infection that put me in the hospital. The speed and tenacity of the infection was unsettling and required intravenous antibiotics to stop it. The blade that cut me was a few days old and I always rinse and clean my razor and the fact that I became infected nonetheless led me to a decision to cease shaving with a fixed blade razor. I looked very carefully for a good electric razor thinking that even with a superb electric razor I would never be able to get a shave that would rival a fixed blade razor cut. This Panasonic electric razor exceeded my expectations. It delivers a close shave and is easy to use. I was going to purchase a Braun but a number of reviews stated that the Braun razors were very difficult to clean. The Panasonic is easy to use, simple to clean and provides a very smooth shave. I could not be more pleased with its performance. Highly recommended.
on October 4, 2017
5 stars for the razor, 3 stars for the charger/cleaning unit.

First surprise for me: it's not blue/black, it's dark brown. Feels very nostalgic, color-wise

The razor gives me a frighteningly good shave, to the point I have to be careful with it or else I will get razor burn. Don't use too much force when shaving.

The cleaner/charger is loud, inefficient, doesn't do a good job of cleaning, and the instructions that come with it are vague. (How often do I change the water??) Also, when it's done charging, the blasted thing flashes ALL NIGHT LONG. So much for cleaning/charging at night, I guess.

The cleaner does a terrible job of removing shaving cream residue. I found the best way to do that is just squeeze a little shower soap in the razor after I finish shaving, let it foam up for a few seconds, then rinse it out.

Furthermore, having to replace the cleaning "block" or whatever that is every month or so is extremely annoying, and adds significantly to the cost of the unit.

Panasonic makes some great razors, but they need to rethink this cleaner/charger base unit.

I would recommend the razor, but not the base. If you can get the razor without the base, that's probably the best way to go. The base just isn't worth the hassle.
on March 29, 2015
It is difficult to review this shaver, because one aspect of it is so good, and the other is so poor. First, let me say that I just bought a new one, to replace the same model that I purchased just over four years ago. So, I must like it well enough to spend another $200 for another one. And I do, but at the same time, I know what I am getting myself into.

First, the good. This shaver gives an amazing shave. I shave in the shower with shaving cream, and it is absolutely the best electric shaver shave ever. Nearly as good as a double edge razor shave. The battery lasts over a week on a charge, and the cleaning unit does a good job of cleaning and charging it. I do wish that that were an option to run the clean/dry cycle without charging (as some other Panasonic models allow), so that I could clean the shaver while running a longer discharge cycle on the battery. However, that is not a huge issue.

Now, for everything else. For a shaver that is supposedly "wet or dry," the water sealing is not very good. Neither is the overall build quality or materials. Here is the history of the shaver that I just replaced:

Bought the shaver in January, 2011. Everything was great until about 11 months later, when the display started to get wonky. Some parts would display, while others did not. There is a two-year parts and labor warranty, so I contacted Panasonic, who suggested that I send it back, and I did. I received either a new or completely refurbished shaver and cleaning unit in a new box. All was fine for about another 11 or 12 months, when the display started going wonky again. It kept showing that the shaver needed to be cleaned (it didn't), or half the charging display didn't work. Sometimes the display would come on after using the shaver, and not go off for hours. However, I realized that I had waited too long and was just outside the warranty period, and I did not want to pay to have it repaired. The shaver was still working otherwise, so I decided to keep using it. It continued to work, although the display continued to get worse and worse, until finally it would just light up with absolutely nothing displayed on it. The shave was still good.

Over the course of the next year, two thing happened: I noticed that after shaving and removing and rinsing off the screen and head, when I turned the shaver upside down, water would drain out of the shaver. Not sure where it was coming from, but there was more than would have been just from the blades. Also, the back part of the case of the shaver started to peel and deteriorate around the area where it joins the front case. Finally, over the course of the last six months or so, the trimmer stopped working. It was at this point that I decided to replace it.

I looked around, but could not really find another shaver that seemed to offer the shave that this one did. There was a $25 off coupon offered on Amazon, so I bought another one. Does this make me a fool? I don't know, but I really like the shave that I get from the shaver. I will watch the warranty dates more closely this time, and return it for replacement at the first sign of trouble.
on September 18, 2016
For the individual that has sensitive skin, this is your razor. Here's my formula. Believe me, I have tried an abundance of shaving products. Most important, to understand that it's going to take your face several days of electric shaving for your face to get acclimated to this type of razor. Don't get discouraged, keep on shaving. I prefer dry shaving. Your face should be totally dry. Naturally, the razor should be charged and sanitized. Press with a light to medium firmness. However, be careful to not over press, especially around the sideburns (lightly through this area). You can shave quickly. But, I have found to get a really smooth shave, you have to go over your face numerous times. Again, I have a light beard and very sensitive skin. Look in the mirror and feel your face to determine that you are shaving efficiently. After showering, I apply a quality facial moisturizer and I'm done. Nothing to strong, as it can irritate the skin. Rinse razor head under faucet and insert into charging station. I utilize the "clean and dry" function after each usage. Every several days, I rinse and replace water in the attached tank. The cleaning cartridge usually last for several weeks. Its just that simple!
on December 17, 2015
I replaced my top-of-the-line Norelco 1281x because of the politics Norelco was playing in discontinuing the RQ12 shave head for it and replacing it with a lesser quality RQ12+. I loved the Norelco, but wasn't going to dumb it down or pay the equivalent of the shaver itself for an increasingly hard-to-find RQ12 shave head. Enter the Panasonic Arc4.

After reading the reviews, I ordered it (and extra cleaning packs AND an extra blade set). I was flabberghasted by the ease of use, closeness of shave, and overall speed of the thing. Whereas it used to take roughly 4 minutes to get my shaving done with the Norelco, I timed my shave routine with the Arc4 at under 2 minutes - and I feel like I razor shaved! I attribute this to the very high speed of the oscillations... much faster and more powerful than just about anything else in the foil shaver universe.

Cleaning it couldn't be easier: About once a week I brush the hair dust out, put it in the dock and let it do its thing. It cleans and charges the shaver, then dries it... and it's ready to go again.

If there is a negative in all this, it's the noise level. This thing is not quiet. It's powerful. Be ready for that. But if you read the manual, follow the directions and keep it clean, this shaver will impress you if you're using any other type of electric shaver. I haven't used the trimmer attachment, so I can't speak to that functionality. But the rest of the shaver makes it well worth the expense. Highly Recommended!
on December 12, 2017
I really like this shaver over the Braun 9200 I had previously. This tackles 3 days growth pretty well. still an occational pinch as the blades get caught up but no where near what the Braun used to do. The cleaner is nice but not worth the extra price, just rinse the blade under hot water for the same effect.