Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Color: Grey|Style Name: 6-Piece Set|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,934 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,476 reviews
on March 25, 2014
I was excited to receive these, and immediately put them into the washer and then dryer before first use. Imagine my disappointment when I took the towels out of the dryer, and one had unraveled! You can see for yourself what happened in the product images. It fell apart before I could even use it.
review image
1414 comments| 1,276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 8, 2015
***Updated review.

I purchased these towels in spite of the mixed reviews and pictures of damaged towels... One reason being the low $21.99 price point for the set of 6 towels, another being the slightly larger bath towels at 30"x 56" (standard is 27x54).

Also, I read reviews stating that the plum is slightly lighter than pictured and this is what I was hoping for. I figured they were worth a risk as I noticed the reviewers who noted the plum color didn't seem to have as many negative reviews.

They arrived quickly and my husband and I both agreed that they appear to be thick and beautiful. That said, I can't yet comment on quality, in terms of longevity, but will be updating this review after a few months of use and numerous washes.

I am very particular about how I launder clothing and the likes, so my findings will only really apply for others who do the same... I don't wash towels with jeans or other articles with zippers or anything that could snag them (or that the towels would wear down).

I use Perwoll detergent for darks which preserves and renews dark colors beautifully (sold here on Amazon, pricey but a little goes a long way and its worth it) and I don't use detergents with regular fillers which buildup on clothes. Reliable PERWOLL-BLACK BLACK FAB. DET. 1.5L

Lastly, I use wool dryer balls and do not use fabric softener (which especially shouldn't be used with towels since it leaves a coating on them, making them less absorbent). Smart Sheep 6-Pack XL Premium 100% Wool Dryer Balls (Reusable, #1 All-Natural Fabric Softener ~ Best Ranked, Great Gift)

I uploaded some pictures so you can see the plum. I laid out a couple of purple cardigans next to them that are more of a true purple or plum, for comparison. These are a slightly smokey plum (more plum than gray, just a touch more muted shade). Very plush, especially for under $22, and much prettier than expected!

Definitely recommend, at the very least, for towels on display getting little use. No snags or poor quality apprearance upon arrival - from Pinzon seller via Amazon, in Plum.

Happy shopping! Smile.

*UPDATE* After first wash, no more dryer lint than with any other new towel set I've purchased. No fuzzies sticking to wet skin or shedding. Color and overall look is as good as new... More to come if anything changes...

After a month of use, a number of washes and dryings, we are super happy with this set! We will be ordering another set while we can (noticed the seperates in plum are no longer available and the HUGE bath mat in plum is now also gone- very plush!). I do recommend it though, (still available in other colors) see my review with photos here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ESKH88D6JLD7/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000T2T8RK
Hope this helps!
review image review image review image
44 comments| 470 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 28, 2014
It's a shame the driftwood sets that I bought (6) did not look as good after they were initially laundered as they did before they were washed !

I'll post the pic of the lint filter from my dryer on the first drying cycle. Then I ran the load through the air only cycle for 20 minutes and again a full lint filter, then ran them again on air only for 20 min.and again a full lint filter. I was afraid at that point that if I continued to dry them I would eventually end up with a nothing load !

Snags: every item had between 12 & 16 snags after laundering. More on the bath towels and hand towels. Several so bad that the backing of the towel is thread bare. Will post pics. There is no excuse for this !

I have not used them so I can't speak to durability, but I do know that my other Egyptian towels from Walmart and Overstock.com did not shed and shag like these towels have done. I think it's just a case of "you get what you pay for" and in this case, it's NOT MUCH....Won't order again and won't use for guests.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 428 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 7, 2016
2/3/17 update: For our whole adult lives, both my husband and I have had to pinch pennies, so we're hardly what you'd call "towel snobs"... we had our two sets of "good towels" which were used only for company (and to dry off our grandkids during sleepovers - they're the most important "company" in our lives!), and then there were the towels we ourselves use... and have been using for eons! But this year, I decided to splurge a bit in that area for my hard-working, blue collar hubby, googled "Egyptian cotton towels" (since I'd heard Egyptian cotton was the creme de la creme, with its longer, more dense threads/thread loops that pull moisture away from your body while trapping the warmth of that moisture at the same time) and this set of Pinzon towels popped up. Seemed a pretty decent price for quality, so I went ahead and ordered a couple of sets for him - he's a big guy, and was thrilled to have these generously sized towels after a long day! He could not care less about such things, but I loved the border designing.

First, I wish I'd done a little more research before making the purchase. Had NO idea that Amazon had started its own private label lines years ago, including this Pinzon label (bed & bath, table top kitchen tools/accessories, indoor furnishings)! The others are Strathwood (outdoor furnishings/lighting), Pike Street (a "value" line of bed/bath), and Denali (tools/accessories), and apparently they made the move to try to give its customers great value at competitive prices. I knew the GSM (grams per square meter) number was important when looking at towels (i.e. 300-400 are pretty thin/light weight, 400-600 are considered medium weight/thickness, while 600-900 are the super absorbent, thick and heavy feeling towels that you typically find in upscale hotels or spas.) Since we don't often (NEVER!) frequent those types of places, I was pretty happy when I saw the 600 GSM number on these towels. When I went to write my review, I happened to see Pinzon's LUXURY towels - an 820 GSM for not too much more! Another thing to keep in mind when buying Egyptian towels is to make sure the label doesn't say "made with" Egyptian cotton... they also contain standard cotton and sometimes even polyester! The label should say 100% Egyptian cotton - these do. And I guess the other thing is that while Egyptian IS the "cadillac", Pima cotton is grown in America and creates a towel similar in GSM to Egyptian, and Turkish cotton is also a quality cotton - again, the key with all three (Egyptian, Pima or Turkish) is making sure it says "100%".

I washed them a couple of times before using to get rid of the chemical smell and - while there was quite a bit of lint the first time around, there wasn't as much the second, and they certainly weren't falling apart as I'd read about in some of the other reviews. HOWEVER... after my husband began using them, I started noticing white splotches on the wash cloths as I'd also read about in other reviews (though NOT on the hand or bath towels.) We're now close to 2 months into use, with the wash cloths splotched all over the place but no splotches at all on the hand or bath towels! As I was folding laundry yesterday and shaking my head over the splotches, it finally hit me. My husband uses an astringent to clean his face of work grime when he gets home from work, using the wash cloths, so I believe it's one of the ingredients in the astringent that's reacting with the dye in the hand cloth! Depending upon the type of soap/cleanser or laundry detergent other reviewers are using, I'm betting it could be a similar reaction. But I'll tell ya - NONE of our old wash cloths reacted this way to his astringent, so whatever dyes they're using in the Pinzon plants much be pretty cheap. Amazon's attempt to to give its customers "great value at competitive prices" should not mean taking shortcuts that don't allow a product to perform under typical usage! (WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON AT AMAZON THESE DAYS? SO MANY ITEMS I'VE PURCHASE FROM THEM LATELY AREN'T SHOWING UP AS VERIFIED PURCHASES... IF I BUY SOMETHING FROM AMAZON AND THE MONEY'S TAKEN DIRECTLY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT, WHY CAN'T THEY VERIFY IT?! Anyone else having this issue?)
on September 19, 2017
There's a lot of reviews complaining about these towels but hey, you're paying $22 for a 6-piece towel set! If you're looking for quality go spend more money. For the price these are fine. I don't understand what other people were expecting. The bath towels are a good size. I haven't washed them so I can't comment on them falling apart but, so far out of the box they are fine. I didn't really have the highest expectations for these because of the price. But I will update if they fall apart.

My only issue is I ordered the grey and it's a little darker than the photo.... might just be my computer monitor so who knows. But I kind of wanted a lighter grey to go with my bathroom but it's not the end of the world. I will survive my towels being a few shades darker than I wanted.
on April 12, 2016
This is one of the worst purchase I have ever made here on Amazon. In a word, this product is garbage. It truly is. If I could give this towel set no stars I sure would. I feel like I just flushed my money down the proverbial toilet, but what I am really upset about is the waste of resources. Recycling is very important to me. I guess I can use them for rags or for my own use when I don't have guests around, but not for guest towels like I wanted to.

I have bought Pinzon products in the past and enjoyed a certain level of quality. I read the reviews and they were mixed. So, I decided to give them a try, based on my past experiences with the Pinzon name. I thought that maybe they just got one bad towel. I will never buy Pinzon products again.

For the cost the thickness and quality of the product appeared to good when I opened the package, little did I know that the towels had hidden issues I wouldn't see until later.

These towels are one time use, they are just disposable and will fill a landfill somewhere. After one use and washing they are fading in small areas, turning orange. Clearly they not color fast. You can see the color fading in the photo. I used one set and washed it, every single one had the same issue. And I know that it isn't from leftover bleach from a previous wash or anything like that. I never use bleach, it very harsh on fabrics and shortens the life of your clothing.
review image
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2015
I purchased this line of towels in the Moss and Wedgwood colors. Researched "washing new towels" and ended up washing them in warm water with detergent and white vinegar then detergent and baking soda. This is supposed to set the color and accelerate removing the coating that is put on new towels (which interferes with absorbency). I did this 4 times (drying in dryer after each wash). This process did seem to get rid of the coating and lint faster. BUT, the difference in the amount of lint generated by the moss set and the Wedgwood set was tremendous! The moss set shed barely a handful of lint thru the process but the Wedgwood set shed at least 6-7 large handfuls of lint ! (I also bought a Pinzon 550 GSM set in coral and had the same lint nightmare!).
What I like: The colors! Which match the pics pretty closely.
The banding does not shrink.
They are soft and absorbent (after the washings).
Good quality mid weight towel.
What I don't like: Lint!! Don't understand how in the world Amazon can say their towels won't shed much after the first wash.
The coating put on the towels.
One of the Wedgwood hand towels came apart at the side seam after first wash.
The corner of one of the Moss bath towels was not sewn down completely.

Overall: I like these mid weight towels, would purchase again and think they are priced right.
I suggest Amazon should include instructions for the initial washing process of their towels (with the vinegar, wash/dry frequency, etc.). Customers would have a more favorable view of their towels if they had a more positive, quick, and less annoying experience with getting rid of the lint and increasing the towels' absorbency.
But what I REALLY wish is that some brilliant Research & Development person will think to market towels that are sold without a coating and already defuzzed!! I would buy them......And I would cuss less......
on September 1, 2017
These are some amazing towels. Very thick and they keep their color after a few washes. They kind of glide on your body, not SUPER absorbent, but they do work. They won't leave you soaked, put it that way. If I could change one thing, I would make them a little more absorbent. Other than that, I love the towels and they are gorgeous. I would honestly buy more when needed.
on May 1, 2015
I'm a divorced guy who lives alone, and I tend to buy things for myself that are 'good enough'...including towel sets (Walmart, Target, etc.).

Despite the 'Egyptian Cotton' claims, I really purchased these towels because it was a lot less expensive than buying a full set at a discount store.
Imagine my surprise, when the product turned out to be a hotel quality set of towels...and, I should know: after 3 decades as a salesman, I have stayed at a LOT of hotels. These are thick, soft, heavy and thirsty towels that look really nice on the towel bar; and, feel fantastic when you step out of the shower.

I know some reviewers have complained that their sets have not held up well. All I can tell you is that I wash mine in hot water, with an Arm & Hammer laundry detergent packet, and a scoop of Oxi-Clean. After 8 washings, they are perfect: no pilling, shredding, fading...nothing bad.

I am planning on getting another set, and would recommend these to anyone.
on March 1, 2015
I would not recommend this product. On the first wash it will run whatever color you bought and when you dry it in a dryer the lint from the towel is overwhelming - a whole lot. A good price but a poor quality product.