Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TAG Heuer Men's Aquaracer Stainless Steel Watch (WAN2111.BA0822)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 9, 2011
Wow, just Wow. I just got it in the mail. The build quality is IMPECCABLE. It easily matches, if not beats, the Omega Seamaster in quality and finish (i compared at the local AD before ordering).

PROS:

1. It looks 100 x better in real life than in the stock pics. The inner circle has a different metallic finish to the rest of the dial which really adds a lot of depth and dimensionality when worn in sunlight.

2. Accuracy is AMAZING! This is not a COSC-watch but EASILY performs within such limits. My WAN2111.BA0822 has thus far been averaging +4 seconds a day since I got it! The movement may be nothing elaborate, but the accuracy certainly is something special. Normally, you would pay two times the price of the WAN2111 to get a COSC watch with the same accuracy.

3. The dial may seem big (at 41mm) but it really is lovely, i have 6" wrists and it looks great.

4. Bracelet is great. Solid. Never had a better bracelet on a watch in my life. It is fully brushed too which is a great look on a diver.

5. The rotating Bezel is the BEST that tag has ever made. The grippy-accented edges are simply fantastic. I did not like them from the pictures online, but they are so fantastic in real life - they add so much utility and just look great.

CONS:

1. Lume isn't great, but hey - I can put up with that considering the above!

If I can leave one parting message with anyone who reads this - FORGET EVERY OTHER DIVE WATCH YOU'VE LOOKED AT - FOR THE MONEY THIS WATCH CANNOT BE BEATEN IN EITHER ACCURACY OR QUALITY!! Pics do not do this watch justice, either!

***** FIVE STARS ******
GOOD WORK TAG!
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
The purpose of this review is to inform potential buyers of the strengths and my perceived weaknesses of this watch. First I would like to start with the dimensions of this watch. The case measures 41mm from the 2'oclock to 8'oclock position and has an overall width including the crown of 46mm. The watch is just over 11mm thick. The lug size is 20mm; the band starts at 20mm and tapers to roughly 17mm. The clasp measures 18mm. Also, from lug to lug the watch is approximately 49mm.

So with that out of the way I would now like to go into what I think are the strengths of this WAN2111 Tag Heuer. The most appealing thing to me is the actual looks of this watch. It has a very classic diver look that some of the newer Tag line doesn't really have. The shade of blue that is on the face and bezel is just beautiful. It resembles a seamaster somewhat, but in my opinion is slightly darker. The face is very legible and easy to read. The orange tipped second hand really gives the watch a unique characteristic that you don't find on most other divers. The watch has solid end links and a very comfortable bracelet. The bezel is of the 120 click unidirectional variety. The bezel when rotated clicks positively and has an overall good feel to it. Also, the bezel is a modified coin edged bezel to a certain degree. At the 5,15,25,35,45,55 marks there is a polished portion of the bezel that is slightly raised, this feature really adds to the look of the watch and is a unique touch. The crown threads very well and I have had no problems with it. Some have reported problems with the 500m aquaracer with regards to the crown. The lume on this watch is pretty good and glows for a significant period of time. There is a white outline around the date window that is a cool touch that brightens up the dial. The weight of the watch is to me ideal; it has a good weight to it without being over bearing. To me if a watch is too big or to heavy then you're always thinking about it or messing with its position on your wrist, a watch like that is hard for me to enjoy. But, this 300m WAN2111 is perfect, it fits great. The accuracy of the movement is good as well. On average I am getting about +2 to +4 seconds a day. I would say that is good and ideal for any automatic watch.

Now the only thing that I am kind of indifferent about is the clasp. There is nothing wrong with the clasp, I just prefer the clasp from the newer WAK line. I hate to even mention this, but it is my honest opinion. There are no weaknesses with regards to this Tag Heuer. Everything about this watch is positive; I have not seen anything negative with regards to wear, design, or the function of this watch.

Finally, my overall opinion of this watch is a 5 out of 5. That is because of the perfect size, weight, and overall looks. I would suggest buying this watch from an AD, mine cost almost $1800. With an AD you do get an international warranty from Tag, which in my opinion is worth the extra two or three hundred bucks. At a dealer they would also size the watch for free. Another point is that it seems that Tag is always changing its designs, so get this watch while you can. The WAK line just came out this year, so I would imagine that this WAN watch is probably going to be the next to go. That being said, don't hesitate it is well worth the money and you wont be disappointed.
on June 7, 2012
I have been looking for a quality divers watch for the last month or two. Narrowed it down to the Tag Aquaracer 2111, and the Omega Seamaster James Bond model. Being leary of purchasing online I went to a AD today and looked at these two watches and the TAG 500 meter version of the Aquaracer.

Ruled out the TAG 500 meter immediately, as it is BIG and clunky looking, who needs 500 meters when I will never go deeper then the bottom of my pool, 6ft. That narrowed it down to the Seamaster and the 300 meter TAG. Both of these are automatics (don't see any sense in buying a quartz for thousands of dollars).

To me the TAG was a better looking watch, although the Omega had a nicer bracelet. A nicer bracelet cannot justify almost twice the price over the TAG, guess I will just have to fancy myself as Jason Bourne, instead of James Bond.

The AD sold me the watch for $1800., about $350 more then Amazon, but it comes with the International Warranty, and they even threw in an additional in-house warranty covering everything (cracked crystal, water damage, broken stem etc.) on the watcb for two years also for no extra cost.

As others have stated, this watch looks 100% better then the photos.

Been checking it out for two days now against the U.S. Official Time clock, and it is only running 4 seconds fast, amazing!

As of 9/19/2012 the watch is still running only +4 seconds a day.

10/12/2012 Update, have had the watch for going on 5 months now and it is running +3 seconds fast a day. The more I look at it and compare it to a friends Omega Seamaster, the happier I am, the fit and finish is nicer, the movement less expensive to maintain, and it cost 1/2 the price!

As of 10/22/2012 the watch has now settled down to an astounding 2 seconds a day fast.

1/21/2013 Running +3 seconds a day.

3/3/2013 Running +3 seconds a day, most accurate automatic I have ever owned.

4/28/2013 Running +2 seconds a day.

6/13/2013 Running +3 seconds a day.

9/11/2013 Running +2 seconds a day

2/22/2014 Running +2 seconds a day
55 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I had read another review mentioning how easy it scratched. I wear this watch in a kitchen environment and bang it on stainless steal all the time, no scratches. It's a great looking watch and always draws a glance from people. The blue is vibrant. My other concern was that it was going to be huge like some other diving watches. It's not. I have a med sized wrist and it's large but not huge like some mall cart bling watch. Very classy but casual as well.
on January 13, 2015
This watch showed up, and I was in love with the thing. It is a very classy, simple looking watch, and the movement is very smooth. That being said, it also gained 12 seconds per day when it first arrived; I loved it enough that I just adjusted the thing on occasion. However, after wearing it for 2 months, the watch began to stop from time to time. It ended up completely dying on me after only 3 months (for 1500 bucks, I was really disappointed in the life of the thing), and I sent it back in to the seller (Jomashop). As of today, it has been 2 full months since I sent it in, and can't even get them to respond to me to let me know where the heck my watch is!

I give this watch 5 stars for initial quality, look, and feel, and 1 for longevity. The sour taste left in my mouth after the repair experience put that rating overall to 2 stars; beware who you buy from!!
on March 3, 2015
Really nice, classy and handsome mens watch. Got it for my husbands 40th and he loves it so far and now looks like a mature professional. Every professional man needs a nice watch. Great color. What I do want to alert you to is that some pictures of this particular watch show a blue face color that is much lighter but all the Blue Aquaracers are this navy blue color, regardless of how they may look in an online picture. I went to a jewelry store that carried them and had a conversation with the jeweler to establish this info. So far the watch is doing great and it really is an attractive watch. Was pretty nervous to buy something online for that much money but it was tracked really well and arrived the morning of the day it was supossed to in very secure packaging. I am a happy customer so far.
on June 23, 2015
This is a solid Swiss luxury automatic dive watch at a relatively affordable price point.

I purchased this TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M (WAN2111.BA0822) directly from Amazon for significantly less than the retail price of $2600. It is a handsome alternative to more expensive Swiss automatic dive watches such as the Omega Seamaster Professional 300M ($4400) and Rolex Submariner ($7500 and up).

This TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M is an evolution of the original Heuer 2000 that debuted in 1982. Over the years, the Aquaracer model has changed but kept the rudimentary features which give it a distinctive look from other TAG Heuer models such as the Monaco or Carrera. The current Aquaracer 300M has been mostly unchanged since 2009.

I could not be any happier with the watch. The Aquaracer 300M is sporty, sophisticated, and stylish. It is versatile, as it goes equally well with formal or casual wear. I have no problem wearing the watch in the boardroom or on the boardwalk. It has an uncluttered, rich deep-blue dial with very readable hour and minute markers. I have received a number of compliments from coworkers and friends alike. The lume is not that bright compared to another Swiss watch I own but it gets the job done.

My copy keeps time flawlessly without any need to wind the crown if the watch is worn regularly (power reserve of 38 hr). Though it is not officially a COSC certified chronometer, this Aquaracer holds time suitably for my needs (+/- 3 sec/day). The automatic movement is the Calibre 5 which is a TAG Heuer modified ETA-2824-2 or Sellita SW200 movement with 25-26 jewels. The balance frequency is 28,800 vibrations/hr (4 Hz). I am amazed how well my watch maintains accuracy compared to atomic timekeeping.

This dive watch has a unidirectional 120-click aluminum bezel and a scratch resistant sapphire crystal face with anti-reflective coating for increased clarity. This Aquaracer has a screw-in crown with double gaskets which provide water resistance up to 300M. Like other dive watches, it has a diver's extension which can be adjusted on-the-fly.

I like the brushed stainless steel bracelet which locks and unlocks with a snap-on and snap-off clasp. The clasp on my watch is a bit tight and takes more than a gentle tug to open. For added security against accidental loosening, there is a fold-over secondary clasp with engraved TAG Heuer name. The watch has decent heft and is comfortable to wear all day.

This timepiece has the hallmark of fine Swiss craftsmanship and materials; however, the area where the main clasp frequently contacts a rough surface when the watch is worn on wrist can accumulate tiny superficial scratches. The stainless steel grade is 316L commonly used in jewelry and known also as surgical steel. It has lower carbon content and higher percentage of chromium, thus making it less likely to oxidize and corrode. But this grade of stainless steel is prone to scratches and scuff marks which should be able to be buffed out as a DIY project or at a watch service center.

Note that Amazon is not an official TAG Heuer authorized dealer. If purchased directly through Amazon and not one of its vendors, the watch will almost assuredly be an authentic brand-new TAG Heuer watch. However, the 2-year international warranty that ordinarily accompanies a watch purchase from a TAG Heuer AD has been replaced by a 2-year warranty from Amazon with watch repair via a 3rd party watch repairer, Asurion Consumer Solutions. Buying an expensive watch online from an unauthorized dealer which subsequently voids the manufacturer's warranty is a bit of a gamble, but a decision only you can decide for yourself. Similar to TAG Heuer's warranty, Amazon's warranty covers manufacturing defects with internal moving parts, crystal, case, crown and stem. The main difference will be the level of expertise in repair if the watch fails within 2 years of original purchase date.

In summary, I find this TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M a gem with some minor flaws but one which I can still highly recommend.
on January 19, 2014
I bougth this item in december 2013.

I give 5 star rating because this watch is good looking, automatic not quartz, very accurate, well built and I consider tag heuer a great brand. The watch is similar to omega seamaster 2280 and it's price tag is not bad, locally it was 1700USD. You get a warranty card valid worldwide as long as the serial number on it matches the watch.

Mine is blue same as the picture, but there is also in black.

I recommned this watch if it is your first automatic, if you are in the 1500-2000 USD price range and if you look for some recognized brand name but do not want the upscaled price of the omega, rolex and others.

great divers watch you won't be disappointed.
on November 4, 2015
Looks great with a deep, rich blue face. The interior circle is more of a satin finish than the outer ring where the number markers are. It is a good weight that makes it have a quality feel, same with the band. The overall size is not as large as many current watches but doesn't look small on my wrist. I have purchased many watches under $200 that I like but this was my first higher-end, luxury brand watch and I'm very happy with it.
on March 26, 2015
Very nice piece. Looks beautiful with the blue face. It's heavy and feels wonderful on my wrist. I have thin wrists and jeweler had to remove 4 links. Comes with a two year warranty where Tags bought from a Tag dealer have lifetime warranties I believe. I read a lot of reviews before buying. Replaced a luminox diver very
similar but the Tag is beautiful as well as outdoor looking