Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 2, 2017
I never imagined myself to carry a bad (purse) like this...?!? However those that ridicule are the first to praise when you have a bandaid, some triple antibiotic, a tweezers, a flashlight, a multi-tool, a shoe string, a nail clipper, hell, I carry a little eye glass screwdriver and the list keeps going. All those little things you wished you had all day everyday. Father to three young active kids produce lots of bumps, scrapes and cuts. They run to daddy for a squirt of first aid spray with pain relief and a bandaid...... "medic!!!" To top it off I have a 15 + 1 9mm Walther P-99 and an extra mag tucked inside. I practiced some drills drawing my weapon, I've found it to be relatively easy and fast enough for comfort. Granted it's not like drawing from my open carry paddle platform but there's a trade off...... this bag over all has become an essential EDC for me. There is planty of room for above mentioned items. It really depends of what it is your trying to do. If you want a 24-48 hour survival bag this is NOT it. This is more a day to day thing. Bonus! I can now carry some disposable wet wipes for those times when hygiene is paramount ;)
review image
5 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2012
I WISH I'D BOUGHT THIS SOONER : )
I'M VERY PLEASED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE MAXPEDITION FATBOY VERSIPACK
IT'S VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED, AND IT'S NO SECRET IT'S MADE OUTSIDE AMERICA, AS IS MOST EVERYTHING, BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM GIVING CREDIT, WHERE IT'S DO.
THERE'S A GOOD AMOUNT OF SPACE IN A SMALL, COMPACT EDC BAG, (BUG OUT) NOT SO MUCH, BUT DIFFINITELY EDC, I CAN KEEP MY 740 SLIM AND EXTRA AMMO SECURE IN ONE ZIPPER POCKET, WALLET / CAR KEYS IN ANOTHER, CELL PHONE CLIPS ON AS WELL, I'VE ATTACHED A REAL CLIMBING CARABINER, MY FLASHLIGHT OF COURSE, DIGITAL CAMERA, AND STILL PLACES TO FILL, THE WIDE SEMI PADDED SHOUDLER STRAP IS COMFORTABLE & ADEQUATE FOR ME , I REALLY LIKE THE FIT & FINISH (KHAKI/FOLIAGE), IT'S A WELL PUT TOGETHER BAG, NOT CHEAP LOOKING OR FEELING, IF YOUR ON THE FENCE ABOUT BUYING THIS BAG AND PERHAPS CONSIDERING A LEAPERS/UTG VERSION, AND I MUST ADMIT I WAS TOO, BUT I'M GLAD NOW I SPENT THE EXTRA $$ AND GOT THE REAL DEAL, HOPE THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN SOMEWHAT HELPFUL. P.S., IT ARRIVED QUICKLY, NO ISSUES WITH SHIPPING, AMAZON HAS NEVER DONE ME WRONG.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
53 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 3, 2016
I was torn between this pack and the Jumbo. I'm glad I went with this size because it's plenty large enough to carry my EDC items including Ruger SR9c or SR9. The full size firearm frame is a tight fit but it works if that's what I would choose to carry in it. After carrying the Fatboy for a solid month I'm convinced that the Jumbo would have been too big and would be more like a backpack slinged over my shoulder instead of it presenting more like a satchel/murse/man bag/currier bag (what ever name you wish to give it). The Black and Khaki looks good with everyday close and doesn't stand out as a "tactical" bag, yet it has all the functionality and room needed.
The only con for the bag is that it's made of a pretty stiff material but it breaks in over time. The other issue I had was trying to figure out how much and which items I wanted to carry in it once I found out how much room I had.
4 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2015
As with most Maxpedition products, this bag is built rugged and can withstand punishment well. It has several applications that I found useful which is why I've always liked Maxepedition; the versatility can be compared to the Swiss Army knife of cross-body satchels. These are the three functions for which I have used this bag.

Plant Operations:

Most plant operators would agree that pants pockets fill up very quickly with tools when the need arises to climb upon equipment. This bag gives you ample room for carrying multiple items without getting in the way of cage-type fixed latters. This bag made gauging tanks simpler and less stressful than having to line your pockets with a ton of tools. Therefore, when the job calls for it, this bag meets your needs and adds a level of safety when ascending and descending ladders, keeping both hands free for climbing.

Shooter's Bag

The middle pocket is excellent for keeping loose ammunition together; this is especially important for shotgun users. I have only used it in this capacity twice but it is an indispensable piece of equipment when shooting clays or waterfowl. The side strap designed to go around your waist keeps the bag from traveling around your body while you move. The only drawback in this application is that if you do not pack it right, walking will make a lot of noise, which can be detrimental to your hunting excursion. Additionally, if you decide to unclasp the main pocket, the clicking sound may alert nearby game.

EDC Bag:

I have begun experimenting with this bag as an Everyday Carry Option versus my Maxpedition Noatac bag. In this application, preference for each individual's carry style makes a difference. There is a Concealed Carry pocket to store a small handgun inside securely, however, you will need to buy the pistol holster attachment that goes inside the pocket. There is ample room for all of your other gadgets that find their home inside this bag. The material is water resistant, however, it's not waterproof; there is a good chance that once the material gets saturated that water will get inside the interior.

Overall, this bag is great! There are many other applications that this bag could satisfy but these are the only three which I have personally tried. I would highly recommend this product as well as other products by Maxpedition like it. For the price, I have found no comparison to the quality of these bags, they look like they will last a lifetime.
3 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2017
This is an excellent quality pack for my EDC use. I've had a similar pack like this before that I use for hikes and motorcycle riding and it just didn't carry enough. This Maxpedition can carry a whole lot more and has numerous small compartments to store smaller things. The build quality is very tough and durable. I really enjoy that there's a waist belt to keep the pack in place during activities. My previous pack kept swinging around, especially while I was on my motorcycle. The conceal carry compartment is quite spacious, especially for subcompacts like my M&P. My full size 1911 can barely fit, I had difficulty getting it out quickly. Overall, this pack is definitely worth it for anyone looking for a durable and spacious EDC bag
One person found this helpful
on October 26, 2017
i'm a (mobile team) military contractor and use this bag daily. excellent quality as is all maxpedition gear. but i'll talk more about size so guys can get a good idea if they need this. inside the two small side compartments i keep my surefire light and a large Smith and Wesson knife. in the small front portion it hold my passport, spare cash, cell phone, and still has room for a small wallet or such. the large pouch i keep an extra 5.56/7.62 (depending on mission) magazine along with my small (Ifac) size med kit and a tourniquet. i also keep my balled up surv-kit earpiece, a redbull, and a bag of levy garret chew. there might be room for a tiny bit more, but not much. but this is just slung on the back of a seat, doesn't take up much room, and has all of my absolute go bag essentials in it. works great, easily adjustable if you want to wear it, and extremely durable.
on April 7, 2015
I bought this Fatboy Versipak (in Orange/Foliage Green) last year for our day long 'lighter' excursions to hold more substantial items than my purse normally could bare. It carries comfortably and never seems to get in the way. So many option for add-ons too. I have since picked up the Maxpedition Mini Rollypoly (water bottle option), Gear Keyper hook and Bottle Opener to attach when needed. CCW, nice option.
review imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on April 28, 2013
Maxpedition makes some of the most durable, intelligently designed packs I've ever used and the Versipack is no exception. I actually bought this for when I travel so that I would have something that would hold my camera, passport, money, and other basics somewhere that was secure and not bulky (or embarrassing like a fanny pack). I do have to strongly recommend you take a look at the specs for the pockets (and the pictures on the Maxpedition site do a great job of explaining this) to make sure the things you plan on carrying will fit. The concealed carry pocket is just deep enough to carry a 7" tablet and my passport. The main compartment carried my Nikon D7000 with my 18-105mm lens attached and a small 35mm prime tucked beside it. The front pockets carried money, earbuds, snacks. The side zippered pocket had a small digital camcorder, and a small flashlight in the sheath pocket, and a multitool in another pocket..

The only down sides are more due to the fact that I'm fat and have no neck. The adjustable padding on the shoulder strap was actually annoying given my necklessness and I ended up removing it. And because I'm fat the included belt strap to cinch it around your waist and keep it from flopping if you were running didn't fit and was quickly removed. Can't blame Maxpedition for my laziness. I was initially concerned that this wasn't going to be big enough to cover all that I wanted it to, and almost considered buying the Jumbo, but this is a pretty substantial size as is and I have a hard time imagining the Jumbo being comfortable for anyone but a much taller, muscular person.
5 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2016
I love this bag. It is exactly what i wanted from it. After using it daily for months, the material has not softened up at all, still very stiff - which is both good and bad. Good quailty material and manufacture. No problems there at all.

I didnt give it 5 stars because the metal key hook is on the rear of the bag and the cost. So using this as a car bag, i have to swing it around to latch my keys on/off. The main compartment is also a bit smaller that i'd like - this is an essentials only bag. I considered getting the mollie drink extension but there is nowhere really for it to go. If i had to buy it again, i would have gotten the jumbo so I could fit my lunch in the main compartment. On this fatboy, if I put one peice of tupperware in it, thats it. The side pouch will fit a soda can if anyone was wondering. For the cost though, I can buy the larger version of a competitor, a sling bag, and some stuff to go inside.

One other thing of note - I ordered Khaki, i swear they sent me foliage green. I didnt want to deal with the hassle of returning it and all cause its not a huge deal - but either khaki is light green or they sent me the wrong color.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 7, 2016
great bag for the range if you own a compact pistol

-concealed compartment for glock 19/23

-main compartment fit 5 boxes of 50 round ammo (40sw). 6 boxes if you don't close the top flap

-front compartment holds wallet, keys, phone

-zippered side compartment holds two magazines

-velcro side compartment holds eye protection

-the top small flap holds hearing protection. cheap ear plugs or use the flap to hook U shaped hearing protection
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.