Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning themissing themissing themissing  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,750 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,984 reviews
on December 3, 2010
I've seen this movie three times in the theater and left feeling energized every time!!! Pure entertainment! The kind of movie that you can see repeatedly and love more each time.
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2011
This is a great movie. I loved it the music was wonderful and dancing was just right. I could not keep still in my seat when I was watching it. I can't wait for the movie to come out. The only thing i was disappointed about was the cover. I really wish they would have stuck with the original.
on April 29, 2016
I love this silly movie. Oh, it's fluff and formula, the romance is sappy and predictable, the save at the end was anticipated in that this movie simply couldn't end any other way. Despite that, I still love it. Why? Well the costumes, the choreography, the music and most of all, two powerful voices, Chistina's and Cher's. The movie is worth watching just to hear Christina Aquilar sing Tough Love. So, yeah, I give it 5 out 5.

Not every movie has to be powerful or meaningful. A movie and and sometimes should be just a great romp in the park. This one is.
on October 14, 2012
I was hesitant about watching this movie. I really didn't know who Christina Aguilera was although I grew up with Cher. I was extremely surprised and delighted with the movie and the music. The premise of the movie is totally believable and the acting was very well done. The dancing and the music is spectacular and Cher does an amazing job.
on November 15, 2014
While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Christina Aguilera, I am (like most of the population) in awe of her powerful voice. While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Cher's voice, I love her outspokenly feisty personality. And as a side note, I pretty much adore everything about Stanley Tucci. So I went into this movie expecting something ... interesting, if not necessarily good.

What an awesome surprise to find that Burlesque is a solidly entertaining movie from start to finish. It's like a decadent dessert for the eyes and ears. The sets are lavish, the costumes are gorgeous, the actors (male and female) are beautiful, the choreography is stunning, and the musical numbers are spectacular. There's wry humor sprinkled throughout, it's possible to feel empathy for most of the characters, and all the sparkly song-and-dance is held together by at least the semblance of a plot. On the downside, prepare yourself for some cartoonish characterizations and clunky dialog ... but then again, this is a pretty fantastical production (think "Moulin Rouge") so it would be unrealistic to expect hard-hitting drama and character nuance. All in all, this movie entertained my socks off. It's like going to a Cirque de Soleil show -- fun, dreamy, color-saturated, full of rhythm and melody, totally immersive. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.
on September 5, 2011
I loved this movie!!! I don't know why the critics blasted it. It's a pleasant upbeat story that doesn't take itself too seriously. I knew about Christina Aguilera but I wasn't really familiar with her singing other then her contribution to the soundtrack of Moulin Rouge (which I also love) were she sings Lady Marmalade with Pink, Mya, and Lil Kim and it is fabulous. I thought her acting was just fine but her dancing and singing in Burlesque was sensational. If you want to watch an entertaining movie with a happy ending then Burlesque is for you.
on January 16, 2011
OMG,I JUST LOVED THIS MOVIE,HAVE NOT STOPPED TELLING ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN.....
SAW IT AT THE MOVIES ON THE WEEKEND,GOT HOME AND HAD TO PRE ORDER IT...........
CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET IT....
LOVED IT...WAS NOT EXPECTING TO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DID.....
on February 3, 2011
The movie is pure escapism.Cher is unworldly in her potrayal of Tess the Burlesque Queen.There is noone as unusal and iconic.She captivates the screen ,and is up to her game with her tongue in cheek performance.Christina isn't up to great acting,but the musical numbers are so beautiful and excitable thatt this isn't that important.The show songs that she does are her strongest.her song Bound to you is a memorable screen performance, beautiful pathos reigns.
Cher is great on her two songs,proving some singers really sing better as mature performers.The storyline is so corny and sweet that one has to believe in ones' child emotions to enjoy the diversity and talents of the cast.Stanley Tucci is wonderful,and his scenes with Cher are loving and the chemistry is there.
This movie dares to be what it needs to be-fantasy and song,BRAVO! Give this movie a chance! Buy the dvd! You will enjoy the new escapism that musicals need to be.So much for the critics,Burlesque will live on past their cynical diatribes.
on December 13, 2010
Love it! I specially love the scene with Cam Gigandet and the famous "Famous Amos" cookies. Yum! Makes me want to go eat cookies. It's also a cute scene. I can watch it over and over. Love the glitzy and the glam. Numbers are pretty awesome as well. 5 out of 5 :)
on December 28, 2016
This is a fun movie, and I liked the back up dancers, and pretty much everyone but Christina Aguilera. Cher, as always, is stunning and a very heartfelt actress. She is fighting to keep her club, while Christina's character is indulging in her own fame and personal relationships. While Christina does eventually come up with the solution to save the club, for most of the movie she is tromping about thinking she is something special.