Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2010
The Neiko vest is well made and very visible. My only complaint is that it runs a bit small. It is listed as Large size, but it is smaller than any of my Large t-shirts. If you normally wear a Large size, I would recommend getting a bigger vest.
66 helpful votes
67 helpful votes
on March 31, 2013
A must have item for cyclists and starnded motorists. Keep one on the bike and in the car. They are too cheap to be without one.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on March 16, 2011
This vest really helps me to be seen when I'm riding my bike. It is comfortable wearing over a light shirt or a thin jacket. The arm hole openings are large so it doesn't bind at all. I like the zipper - it makes it feel like the vest has more substance. The vest is light weight but folds up easily. It reminds me of the feel of a windbreaker. I also like the style. I don't feel like someone who has lost their construction buddies. It is a bright yellow with dark tan stripes. Since it is 100% polyester it should be easy to wash. I know I'll be wearing it often when biking.
45 helpful votes
46 helpful votes
on September 28, 2017
This is a perfectly serviceable and highly visible vest. the fabric is thin -- almost weightless -- and loose on a 5'6" 150 pound woman, which is just what I wanted for pre-dawn dog walking in the southern muggy summer. I wish it had a pocket or 2 but then it wouldn't cost $7. One could be sewn on easily if a person were motivated. Five starts because ya can't beat it for the price and it seems well made.
on September 15, 2017
As good as it gets for cheap reflective vests. I wanted this for biking and it does the job. Not 5 stars since I would want something more like a casual sporting vest with the reflective bands, but options designed for bicycling cost $50 or more.

The material is good quality and not like other cheap mesh options. The zipper is also of good quality, and the fit matches the usual sizing.
on September 12, 2014
Bought a bunch of these for our crew guys. They use them regularly, but not every day. It's been years since we've had to buy reflective safety vests and when we sent the office manager out, we came back with $28/each vests. Although those are MUCH higher quality with snaps/zipper closure and pockets along with heavier material, these are perfectly adequate for getting the job done. Our crew guys aren't very picky and at the cost of these, we can literally buy FOUR for the price of one nice one. And, by the way, the nice ones get just as dirty and abused, but it makes it difficult to replace them in a timely manner since they aren't completely destroyed. We don't feel bad about disposing these and getting brighter, cleaner ones. A good value.
on June 5, 2017
I bought this to have in my glovebox should I ever get stranded on the side of a road, I want to be seen rather than blend in the darkness and possibly get hit by a vehicle. The price was right and the quality appears to be good. I hope I don't need to use it, but I'm glad to have it available, if I ever do.
on October 30, 2013
Highly visible, even on foggy, early morning runs. I am a woman, 5-ft 8-inches, 135 pounds and I generally wear a small in unisex/men's T-shirts. After reading that this is sized small, I ordered the large. It's plenty big enough to fit over my heavy winter jacket (for those mornings that my "run" is more of a walk), though that does mean it's baggy with only a T-shirt (a few sew-on snaps solved that problem). It really does almost glow in the daylight and our 4 watt nightlight is enough to bring out the reflective tape from 10-12 feet away! It washed well, though on the first wash it did shed tiny bits of neon green onto my husband's black pants (it's had only the one wash-- no idea if it'll keep doing that, though it would surprise me). Not super heavy -duty but still well made and I expect it to last for a long time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to be seen. Update: After having this vest a little over a month and wearing it 45 minutes every day, the stitching has started to come out of one of the reflector tape strips. I checked all the other stitching and it looks fine, so I may have caught it on something--like one of my dogs' nails when they're bad and jump up. : )
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on January 24, 2015
While this is nice and "BOING" so that one is a VERY visible worker/pedestrian, the company needs a bit more work on the ACTUAL size of normal/typical human beings. The only thing NOT keeping this review from being a 1 star is that the vest does its job. It is bright and reflective. However, like another reviewer commented, these vests MUST have been made for "midgets"....or elves...or some small [fictitious] creature, CLEARLY not human.

I was miserably disappointed and beyond unhappy when I tried this on (over my shirt, which is NOT bulky) only to find that the size I ordered (which is the typical size I order for my shirts and jackets, etc.) was MUCH tighter and smaller (overall) than my actual shirt. I practically had to "suck it in" in order to even try to zip it up.

Worst of all: I was going to request an exchange. What happened? I had no other alternative but to RETURN the item at the "wonderfully" high price of UPS. No other choice. :( The cost of the UPS shipping was almost equal to that of the price that I purchased if for. Thus, I did not return it because it, by no means, is worth "getting my money back" - wait: I really wouldn't be getting hardly ANY money back. >: \

In short, I would highly advise and warn against this product, or, at least, get 2 to 3 sizes larger than what you think.

.....Sad part is, I found a reflective vest at a local store in the town I live closest to, and while the vest was more expensive, the size I was wanting actually looked like an actual Large, or Extra Large, or _________. I could actually put the vest on WITH and WITHOUT a light jacket and still have room to move my arms, BREATHE, and function - in that I could either do work outdoors, or use the jacket as a pedestrian safety "tool," which was my original hope. Thus, because I was sent something of a kid's size vest, I've had to wait and go about my days (when I'm out and about) and be without a vest for some time.

Again: "functions" fine, but a sorry excuse for good/accurate sizing and even WORSE opportunity/ability to return or even exchange.
on June 23, 2013
I commute to work by bike year-round, and want to be sure that I'm seen. I use a front and rear light all the time, but I wanted more than that. I thought about buying one of the high visibility jackets sold by bike stores, but why buy something that costs a lot and can only be worn part of the year? I decided to buy a reflective vest because I could wear it year-round over whatever else I was wearing.

I bought this to replace one like it that I'd used for several years but which disappeared one day (must have dropped it somewhere inside my building). The first one was still in great shape when I lost it, so I have no concerns about this one; after several months it's doing fine. I wash it occasionally on gentle cycle and line dry it.

I bought the Large size, which is large enough that I can wear it over a small backpack (I weigh 145; when I wear it over a backpack, sometimes I can't zip it up, so I also leave a safety pin in the vest to secure it at the top of the zippered area). I've seen cyclists wearing a vest like this with a backpack or messenger bag over it; that turns a high visibility vest into a low visibility vest, at least from the rear.

It weighs next to nothing, costs next to nothing, and might save your life. What do you have to lose?
2 helpful votes