Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2013
This is a good idea for a young Lego collector! My 10 year old is quite addicted to Lego's and has been for quite a while. I think this was a little immature for him, I'm not sure..like I said he's 10 but he puts together the ages 16+ sets in no time. Anyway, he didn't really use it, it's still sitting empty in his room. It might be that it's not big enough.

It arrived boxed and unbroken but I also purchased the Arko Mills 10744 44 Drawer Hardware and craft cabinet so they were shipped together and packed nicely. It seems sturdy enough and came with both base plates...I didn't have the problems some reviewers did with packing or missing base plates.

If you have a younger child looking for a place to put their bricks, this is it..if you have an older child, building and collecting sets, this might not be it. The giant tubs that have to be dug through to find those parts are still favored over this for my son so you might look for something else.
on November 11, 2014
I PAID $56 for this on Amazon, which is a somewhat reasonable price. It is alarming to see that it is now going for well over $300!!! It is definitely not worth that! You can go to a craft store and get something comparable (not LEGO brand) for much, much less.
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
on March 16, 2014
This is expensive, but it's totally worth it since it's the only thing of its kind that I could find. It's a shelf with "drawers" that are cases that click closed. The cases are clear colors and decorated with a minifig head on top. They have a molded handle on top and 2 clips, hinge opening like little briefcases. We have instructions/project pieces separated in each, and the kids carry them to wherever they want to play with it. One of my kids uses it to keep "his" stuff separate, or little things he made that he doesn't want to lose/be taken apart by the other kids. The base plate on top comes off - it's stuck on with that clear dot 'glue' like the magazine address labels. Pull it off slowly and then peel the rubber dots off. It was actually very easy in my case but I can see how it would be hard, sometimes that stuff sticks. I was hoping these would fit on top of my existing sterilite 3 drawer unit but it's slightly wider.
on February 26, 2014
I bought this Lego Workstation and Storage unit for my 6 year old Grandson for Christmas. At the time, it didn't create the excitement of his other gifts, but I must say it has become the "workhorse" of his Lego collection. This case makes it easy to keep all of Legos in one place. When he spent the night at our house last week, he brought two of the trays along with him so he could play with his favorite toys (Star Wars Lego sets). It is sturdy and well-constructed. It has helped him learn how to organize and keep his projects and instruction books all in one place. I'm thinking I m going to have to purchase another one this year for his sister who recently got her first set of Legos. ~ a very satisfied grandmother
3 helpful votes
on February 22, 2014
I bought this for my nephew's Lego collections. It keeps all his collection pieces together and makes them so portable. Each container is fully contained, these are not open drawers. It occurred to me this would help organize my craft room as well...prioritize my projects, scrapbook pages in progress, sewing projects, I have everything I need for a sewing project in one container. We live in the back country of San Diego in case of a wild fire it will be great for keeping important papers, for instance mortgage papers, insurance papers, pictures etc...in case of an emergency we can grab and go.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 1, 2014
This workstation is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! My son is 5 and is constantly misplacing his Lego pieces, especially the "extras." This is a great station for him! We put the extra pieces and the instructions in their own baggies and then put those baggies in the bottom cases. Once his items are built we put them into the other cases. And, the cases are grab and go for when we go and visit grandparents or family.

The only downfall is that it is a little high for him to build on and not a lot of space at the top. I bought extra of the flat building plates for him to build on the regular table. So, I almost wonder what this would be like if it was wider instead of taller. For example, maybe put three cases next to three cases and then possibly double or triple the building plates on top. Just an idea.

Otherwise this is perfect for organizing and not killing your feet or knees when you step on pieces or kneel on them!!!!
on August 18, 2013
The workstation is an amazing accessery for kids & Lego collectors. This is the 2nd Workstation I've bought for my nephew, one for my place & one for his home, which my brother loves having around. I'd say this tool is more for parents (grandparents, uncles, etc...) anyone who want to teach their kids to clean up their Legos and keep things neat. I got my nephew into Duplos first and he still plays with them, but he just turned 6, so 5 cases hold Duplos here and 1 holds his TMNT & Ninjago pieces so far. The 2 base plates are a God Send for everything he does with them and the thing I like also is one is loose, the other is attached to the station. The only thing I would change is adding casters to the bottom and hope Lego may do that sometime. I'm looking for casters to add and actually called Lego about the idea. The idea came up when my nephew tried dragging the station around on the floor. Wheels would make it bit more portable for kids who may want to move it around.
on April 21, 2014
Was unfortunately delivered with only one of the green building plates. Contacted the company directly by email, received a response within a few hours, and was provided with an additional building plate by mail within a few days.
I am very glad that IRIS was so great about this since my son was very excited to get started organizing his lego collection.
The unit itself is well made and sturdy, and the bins are a very functional way to get your legos organized. My only disappointment was that the clear plastic divided organizers made by the same company (but sold separately) each fit within a bin, but do not fill the entire height. This means that if you were to carry the bin like a briefcase all the pieces would fall out of their organized loveliness and would once again crowd together in a chaotic jumble.
on June 26, 2015
I bought this for Christmas for my son and we use it for regular Legos as well as Duplo Legos. There is plenty of space for the zillions of sets he's gotten as gifts and nothing has broken yet [knock on wood] despite the fact that he and his friends pull these out regularly and drag them all over the basement. I included a photo of the playroom so you can see the size compared to toys and organizers, but I promise it doesn't always look this way :)
review image
on January 4, 2013
Very satisfied with this purchase. Had lots of Legos from my childhood which I gave to my 4 year old son who generally left everywhere. This let me get rid of many different boxes, tubs, containers into one place; easily worth the cost. I shopped around online for various other storage options at WalMart, Target, Big Lots ect. for some cheaper options. This one is better than most because it had complete boxes which close and can be pulled out and carried anywhere individually. The colors help keep different sets apart like Technics, City, Megablocks, ect. OfficeMax has the same IRIS brand in seperate 3up config, so buying two would have been same price I paid, but no Lego branding, no colors, and 6up is much better together plus you get two LEGO base plates. Also note, I added caster wheels to mine. These are not included but the unit does have common holes for them and we had some from cheaper units which we weren't using and they fit perfectly into the bottom 4 holes. May buy another one down the road as I filled this one up but had A LOT of old sets combined.