Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 300 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 317 reviews
on August 22, 2016
I used these cartridges when working with extremely (as in clouds of spores 20' in diameter) wood mulch, and they worked perfectly. I didn't have any residual mold flavor or ill effects in my lungs. I will certainly purchase these filters again. I use them with a 3M 6300 series respirator.
on December 1, 2012
These are a great set of filters, and a good choice if you're new to the personal protective equipment world. I paired them with the 3M 7500 mask (see review here: 3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 7502/37082(AAD), Respiratory Protection, Medium They provide a limited amount of vapor protection and almost block almost 100% of particulates. I can't smell diesel fumes, or sawdust, when using these filters. I found that the small amount of carbon blocks "nuisance level" vapors for a day or two.

The general rule with vapor protection: If you can smell it, time to change the cartridge/filter. The particulate function is great, and has worked fine for several months. Unlike vapor protection, particulate filters don't degrade with use. You replace them when they're hard to breath through, or damaged. There's too much information on respirator filters to post here - do some research first, and make sure you're well protected (Search 3M Cartridge Guide). These cost nothing compared to any amount of medical care.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks!
on October 13, 2015
The 'organic' function built into these things REALLY does work. If you're a janitor or have the misfortune of having to clean or maintain primitive restrooms, (managed by local, state or federal government units), these and a re-usable respirator are the least you can do for yourself. Either that, or you can take your chances with an endless assortment of respiratory & biological disasters (histoplasmosis, blastomicosis, hepatitis, etc). Don't expect your boss or bureaucrats to know the risks & threats. Protect yourself.
on October 22, 2015
Keeping my lungs healthy when doing woodworking is a top priority and these filters are great for that. They're very easy to install and remove and last quite a long time. I don't run a business but I use it for all sorts of tasks in the shop, and I only need to replace it one a year or so. A small price to pay in my opinion. It is remarkable at the difference in breathing when I use these filters and the cheap dust masks I used previously.
on January 14, 2016
These have worked well for filtering out everything to sawdust to the fumes from painting. It has made working in my small shop so much more comfortable. In general, I won't smell a thing until I take off my mask, then it really hits you about how strong the odor is!

Great buy, easy way to protect you nose (and lungs!).
on September 2, 2015
Great for dusty areas, fiberglass insulation, demolition. They aren't hardcore organic vapor reducing but do have some capability. I purchased these to use for dusty tasks with my 3M 6503QL Rugged Comfort Quick Latch Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator, Large

Love that 3M 6503QL respirator!

Works great. Just be sure to get a proper cartridge type - Organic if you are doing a lot of solvent/organic vapor stuff
on August 3, 2015
If you're going to do something with dust, do it with a brain and throw a pair of these on a $20 respirator and save yourself from a lungful of problems. Since February, I've been up and down my stairs over three floors removing an old masonry chimney that was built in 1895 and good god that thing is dusty. I had a box fan in the window blowing out most of the dust, and the rest got taken care of by these filters. I bought three pairs of them but only needed to use one. I never had to stop working because I had this amazing thing.
on March 9, 2017
I work with clay & when it dries there's always a lot of clay dust on the floor. This dust can permanently affect your lungs, just like smoking!
Never work with clay unless you have a respirator mask that uses these wonderful filters!
on May 13, 2017
Without these what I presume to be lead based paint, produces a strong and distinct odor. Using them, the odor disappears. Even in the open air with wind blowing and thinking I wasn't inhaling appreciable fumes, after a while I'd get a fatigued feeling. Using these, under a covered porch in still air, I feel none of that. To me, that says these work effectively.
on November 15, 2016
These filters may have saved my life. I was living in an apartment with a hidden mold and VOC (volatile organic compounds) problem. My health was very badly affected by this but I could not move. So, I did a lot of remediation work and used these filters practically every day during the remediation.