Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney's Greatest Volume 1
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$11.49

on July 12, 2002
This CD is great. It has both old and new Disney classics. But...for about [$$$] more you can get all these songs and about 80 more. The 5 disc set sold here at Amazon has 99 Disney classics and sells for about the price of 2 CDs. The 5 disc set includes songs such as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from the no-longer released Song of the South, songs from the theme parks like the Electric Light Parade theme, It's a Small World from the NY World's Fair...it has them all! Buying the CDs seperately you probably spend twice as much + shipping; save some money--the 5-CD set is the way to go.
55 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Disney's Greatest, Volume 1 is the first installment in a fine CD series of classic Disney music and show tunes. The quality of the sound is excellent and the artwork is very nicely done as well.

Phil Collins starts off the track set with a great tune from Tarzan entitled "Strangers Like Me." "Strangers Like Me" is a very good number and Phil Collins does this very well. The musical arrangement is also very lush--what a fine opening number! Susan Egan and Cheryl Freeman do a duet on "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)" from the Disney movie Hercules; they sing this to perfection and they harmonize very well on the chorus. The keyboard works well for the arrangement and "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)" is a major highlight of this album.

Randy Newman sings one of my very favorite tunes on this album, "You've Got A Friend In Me" from the Disney/Pixar film called Toy Story; Randy sings wonderfully and his excellent sense of timing makes his performance stronger still. In addition, "The Circle Of Life" from the soundtrack of The Lion King is brilliantly performed by Carmen Twillie; this is another of my very favorite Disney tunes from recent years and I could never tire of hearing this fantastic hit! Listen also for the great Angela Lansbury to perform "Beauty And The Beast" with panache; Angela sings very well and her voice is as clear as a bell. Great!

There's also another favorite of mine, "I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)" from The Jungle Book Disney film; this is performed by Louis Prima with Phil Harris and Bruce Reitherman. This song swings brightly and I always liked "I Wan'na Be Like You." The woodwind instruments make the music very good and the percussion marks the beat as well. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (The Magic Song)" from Cinderella features a fine performance by Verna Felton; Verna sings this beautifully and it's a timeless Disney classic. James Baskett also makes good on a wonderful rendition of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah;" this is yet another one of my very favorite Disney tunes.

The CD ends strong with Cliff Edwards performing "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. Cliff sings this with great sensitivity and this is very impressive. I love it!

Overall, this is a very strong CD installment in this CD series of Disney classic tunes. Diehard fans will want the other CDs in this set and they may also want to consider the box set of these CDs as well.
on April 23, 2001
This CD, is probably one of the best disney cd's ever! It has songs from unforgetable disney classic's such as the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and so many more. This is a great CD for kids, adults who have known these songs for a while, and of course disney lovers!!!! I myself love disney and have since I was born. The songs are so magical and bring out a happy feeling inside your heart. These are songs that you will always treasure. The compilation is wonderful, you get a real variety of great disney songs. To anyone that loves disney, this is a dream cd for you, and always remember. A dream is a wish your heart makes!!!
on July 3, 2001
From "Heigh-Ho"(1937) to "You Got A Friend in Me"(1997) Everything on this CD is great. "I Won't Say I'm In Love" is probably my absolute favorite Disney Song. "Heigh-Ho" is always a fun one, to.
"Cruella De Vil" never gets old, either. Everything is great. It's long enough for the money. If you are still reluctant, you can't buy it used here.
But you shouldn't be, especially if you are (Kids) looking for great music you are familiar with or (Parents) something your kids can listen to that's non-violent, and that isn't the annoying bunch of female pop stars you all hate. If you want enjoyment, you want this. (The Catch To This Review? I'm thirteen years old!)
on April 21, 2004
This CD is great. It has both old and new Disney classics. But...for a little more money you can get all these songs and about 80 more. The 5 disc set sold here at Amazon has 99 Disney classics and sells for about the price of 2 CDs. The 5 disc set includes songs such as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from the no-longer released Song of the South, songs from the theme parks like the Electric Light Parade theme, It's a Small World from the NY World's Fair...it has them all! Buying the CDs seperately you probably spend twice as much + shipping; save some money--the 5-CD set is the way to go.
on September 10, 2005
this is a great pack of music-all the original songs. my little ones weren't thrilled with some of the really "old" songs.
on August 9, 2005
This is so memorable....all the songs I was looking for done by the original characters.
on July 4, 2015
Who doesn't love Disney? I love ALL Disney movies. This cd plays a great variety of songs. I enjoy playing them for my class and I am just as guilty singing along. It is also fun to play trivia and remember what movie the song is from. If you are a Disney fan, you will satisfied!
on October 24, 2005
*Hannah, age 12*

Once again Walt Disney brings us the magic we adored in Cinderella, the absolute fun we shared with Mary Poppins, and the beautiful enchantment of friendship in The Fox And The Hound and Lady And The Tramp. But this time, we get to sing along.

This wonderful collection of beautiful songs that we shared as kids can now be shared with our own children.

Perfect for all ages, this CD beats out all others and will capture you, and in no time, you'll find yourself singing along.
During the seven years I had the opportunity to babysit my three grandsons (before they were lucky enough to have Mommy staying home with them!), we ALWAYS had music playing in the background so we'd built up quite a collection of children's CD's, but the three volumes of "Disney's Greatest" (which the grandkids referred to as "the blue/green/red Disneys") were definite favorites! This one goes all the way back to movies from their GREAT grandparents' days, with songs from 1937's Snow White, 1940's Pinocchio, 1946's Song of the South ("Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" was always a favorite of my mother's, and she was so delighted to hear it again when she paid a visit one day!), 1950's Cinderella, 1953's Peter Pan, and 1955's Lady and the Tramp, to the movies my husband and I fondly recall (1959's Sleeping Beauty, 1961's 101 Dalmations, 1964's Mary Poppins, and 1967's The Jungle Book), right through to the movies I'd taken their dad and/or uncle to see (1989's The Little Mermaid, 1991's Beauty and the Beast, 1992's Aladdin, 1994's The Lion King, 1995's Pocahontas and Toy Story, 1996's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and 1997's Hercules), along with 1998's Mulan and 1999's Tarzan. What a TREAT re-living all of those great memories!

Listening to these songs again as an adult, I certainly have a far greater appreciation for the beauty of the music itself, the lyrics (and what a bonus to have them included!), and the vocalists. But to watch my grandsons enjoying the songs for the first time has just tickled the heck out of me! What child hasn't been thrilled when they've mastered "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"? And for my mom to listen to her 2-1/2 year old great grandson speaking the intro to Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah... "It happened on one of them Zip-a-dee-doo-dah days. Now that's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!"... hilarious! Cruella De Vil has been another that had us wearing out the "re-play" button.

I so highly recommend these CDs - sometimes, when you're in "kid-mode" all day, the songs can get a little tiresome, but I've never found myself pulling my hair out while the Disney CDs are in!