Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 333 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 349 reviews
on December 29, 2014
ANY Brainerd oil rubbed bronze fixture cover is VERY high quality with a stunning finish. I have replaced almost ALL my switch covers in the entire house with this model (using brown plugs, white looks ok, but clashes a little) So, if you are any kind of handyman, replace your white or tan outlet or switch with a brown one...it looks classy.
review image
on April 22, 2016
Real Estate Agent selling our home said, don't bother changing out the switch covers. Switched them anyway. What a differnce! Really makes the new paint POP! These look so much more dressy! Better by far than those old, cheap, tan, PLASTIC crummy covers. Invest in these and reap the results! People notice nice little Bling details like this. So glad I didn't LISTEN to the Agent!!!
review image review image
on October 3, 2015
I love this. I bought the dark brown outlet to go with it and it blends nicely. When this was first sent to me, it was the wrong item. This was replaced super fast and it looks so nice.
I can't be happier with the combination of everything in our small guest restroom. These match beautifully and the space looks like a million bucks. Every visitor compliments the combination.
Everything we got is:
Brainerd 64410 Beaded Single Duplex Outlet Wall Plate / Switch Plate / Cover, Venetian Bronze (Wall plate)
Brainerd 64403 Beaded Double Decorator Wall Plate / Switch Plate / Cover, Venetian Bronze (Switch plate)
Organize It All Oil Rubbed Glass Shelf with Towel Bar (16906)
InterDesign Kent Bathware, Oval Waste Can, Bronze
Waterfront Euro Style Paper Holder (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
Rozinsanitary Oil Rubbed Bronze Bathroom Basin Faucet Sink Mixer Tap
We are using these with the Ikea vanity in black/brown and the mirror cabinet.
Tangpan 30mm Crystal Glass Handle Door Cabinet Pull Deawer Konbs Pack Of 8 Color Amber (These don't really match the bronze items but since the toilet level is chrome, it works well. If I really wanted to, I could spray paint them to match.)
I couldn't find a light fixture that I liked so I bought some spray paint to upgrade that.
on August 2, 2016
As part of a mini house remodel I needed some new face plates for the light switches because the old yellowing white ones just were not going to cut it. I love the richness of the color and they look wonderful against the freshly painted walls. The husband loves them too and wants to replace the whole house with them. Great buy! They fit flush with the wall and installing them was simple.
on December 16, 2014
First off, I now have spent about $100 on these in all sizes including a big 4 toggle switch plate cover. I like these but don't love them. While they are definitely high quality/heavy weight "artsy" wall plate covers, they are somewhat different than the picture. In the picture, I see(barely) a bit of black patina/paint in the beaded border. But what I received has a black brushed patina covering all of the main area, sort of. Each of my dozen and a half plates varies. Many of my plates look very different from the picture - lots of black! The best way I can describe these would be "antique nickel" - a distressed weathered look. This isn't bad, it's just not what I would buy in person...I mistakenly thought I was buying brushed nickel - with a decorative beaded effect... I searched for brushed nickel and this was what showed up - with glaring reviews...But I have since learned that these aren't even nickel - they're pewter. That's no big deal, at least based on this picture, they look like what I wanted. Only after opening several and trying them out for a few days we really started to notice just how different these really are from the picture plus how much they vary...but ended up feeling stuck with them. Turns out I forgot about a couple outlets and ended up discovering that Lowes carries them but not at the good price Amazon has them...Interestingly, the "patina" at Lowes is much less with theirs' and they also had a "nickel" switch plate we would have prefered, had we to do it over. Having said all that, we do like what we have, they've grown on us and with the $100+ bucks committed, we're committed. I'd call them artsy, vs. modern. My advice, look at these in person at Lowe's FIRST.
on October 18, 2015
This is a fine product and good quality. The color is not true to the picture, however. We bought a roomful of outlet covers & 3 light switch plates. The outlet covers sit lower on the wall, in the shadows, so they appear just about as in the picture--but the light switch plates catch the daylight and have a brighter, yellow hue. Since this was the 4th style that my husband and I tried to agree on, I didn't bother sending them back since I can live with the outlet covers. I may try applying an oil or stain to one of the light switch plates & see if that darkens them.
on November 3, 2015
I like satin nickel and hoped for match my taste. This model is little dark and pewter look, not only satin nickel but also shiny.
If you are looking for antique with pewter color, this is good choice. And you must to know this is a thick cover, so you need adjust plug position forwarder than i used to be, otherwise plug position become inside of cover.
on August 7, 2015
I've just updated a 1960's kitchen and these wall plates were the final touch. I purchased several configurations of this - the 4 switch, 3 switch, outlets and a switch/outlet combo. I'd found them initially at a local hardware chain and knew I liked them, but searched on here initially because the chain store didn't have the switch/outlet combo and I needed one of those to do the whole room. When I did find them here, they were substantially cheaper than the hardware chain's prices so I ordered them all from here. My one complaint is that the screws that come with the wall plate are too long. When you screw them in as far as they will go, there is at least 1/8" sticking out. I had to go back to the hardware chain store and buy additional shorter stainless screws so they would be flush with the plate. Now that I've done that, they look fantastic!
on April 30, 2017
I was worried I would recieve something cheap looking because of the price but I was pleasantly surprised. They look nice and are easy to install. I wish the deatail was a little better but overall a decent buy.
on August 29, 2013
I've been systematically replacing all the outlet / switch covers in my house with this line. Every time I paint or redo a room, the new covers go in. Now every switch / outlet in my house has one of these covers. As other reviewers have pointed out, they are quite heavy and add a nice elegant touch to the home. My house is primarily done in Craftsman style furnishings and accessories and these really complement things in that style. I highly recommend this entire line. You won't be sorry.