Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 145 reviews
on February 22, 2012
The tortoiseshell is very unique and goes with pretty much everything. I was debating between this style, MK5216, and the MK5038. I've compared both in person, and the MK5038 is much smaller. The MK5216 is definitely an oversized watch, which I think looks better with this style. The MK5038 is the "petite" version, or normal sized when you think of women's watches in general. The face is a little harder to read on that one. As for the dials, I think the stopwatch aspect of the MK5216 is pretty useless; I'd rather have the dials on the MK5038. Nordstrom's carries the MK5038 if you want to see it before you buy it cheaper online (!) and they will also resize any watch for you on the spot if you ask :) I needed two links taken out of this band. Also, the gold aspects of the watch are yellower in person, not as light as pictured. Overall, I am very happy with this watch!
on June 20, 2013
I purchased this watch from amazon vs. nordstrom because the price was better. However, as soon as I received the watch and discovered that the timer did not function properly, I choose to return the watch, only to discover that I could not. I had to receive return confirmation from the dealer first, according to amazon. When I emailed the dealer and detailed the problem, they responded to me that the watch was fine and that I only needed a new battery. However, when I informed them that the problem was not a problem with the battery but with the quality of the watch (the timer would get stuck in the down position), they responded that I would have to pay for restocking fees for the watch (up to $65), plus the cost of reshipment, or the cost of repair (unknown amount of money), plus the cost of reshipment. So essentially after many days (the return period at this point was almost depleted), and many frustrating emails, the $20 I saved by purchasing the watch from amazon was completely negated. So now, I have to choose whether to keep the broken watch, or to pay $$$ to have a brand new defective watch repaired. I am completely disgusted, and will never purchase an expensive item from amazon again. If I had purchased the same watch from nordstrom, the item would have been replaced immediately and at no charge to me, as should be the case having received a defective item. Please take this into consideration when purchasing this watch or any watch for that matter through amazon or through this dealer. If anything happens during shipping, or if there is a defect in the quality of the watch, you will be paying a significant amount of money to correct the problem, in addition to dealing with a dealer who will delay the situation putting you at risk for exceeding the return period.
on November 2, 2013
My girlfriend loved her watch! Oversized and luxurious. Came fast. Good packaging. A staple in her wardrobe. Will definitely be buying her another one!
on March 27, 2017
I like big watches, but this one was too big for me.
I returned it. It looks like it's an original one.
on October 7, 2011
This watch is so nice and every time I wear it I get a lot of comments about how beautiful it is.
on April 24, 2013
I was waffling between this watch and the MK5038. I was looking for a statement watch, and that is exactly what this is. I have very small wrists, but decided to give this watch a shot even though it is the larger one. The watch itself looks a lot flashier in real life than it does in the picture. The gold is very shiny, and the crystals sparkle a lot. It is also enormous-- the watch face case is thick, heavy, and substantial. The band is lovely. I also really liked the mother of pearl watch face. It is quite irredescent and has notes of green in it that I liked a lot. However, the face covered the entirety of my wrist, so I decided to send it back. Some people could make that look work, but I am not one of them.

So in the end, this is a gorgeous, interesting statement watch that was just not right for me. I've ordered the MK5038 and I'm hoping for better luck with that one.
on April 4, 2013
This is a beautiful, unique watch. I will always get compliments when I wear it and it is one of my best purchases in a long time. Of note, I paid about $165 for the watch and for that price I am overjoyed with the purchase.
on December 16, 2013
I was looking for a nice Michael Kors watch to wear with my colorful outfits, especially with gold accessories. You can wear this watch with any attire (dressy or casual wear) . Love It, Love It, Love It.
on March 18, 2012
This is the second watch from Michael Kors. It is pretty and every time someone sees it, I receive complements. It is a big case watch. Unfortunately, after a month using it, I notice that one stone fell!!! I use it like that, but I am very aware of the missing stone.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
This watch is very pretty and the quality is good. There are three tortoise shell type watches that Michael Kors offers. This one is the biggest. It looks like a large men's watch. If that's the look you are looking for, that's great but it is very heavy. The medium sized watch is similar, but has a funky colored face, kinda greenish brown mother of pearl. Thats a good size if you like the face. The smaller one is not too small, and has a nicer colored brown mother of pearl face.