Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on April 8, 2011
This Tv the Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX800 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black is amazing. The picture is truer than life and the 3D functionality works very well. I did order it used like-new condition and it was in great condition but they shipped it with the wrong screws and pieces were missing from the table stand. That was a bit frustrating because I wanted to watch it that evening but had to wait to get the right parts. Amazon did not help me attain the right parts so I had to go out and do it on my own. That did take a couple of days and amazon did credit me back the shipping costs which I thought would be free because it was well over the $25 that they advertise free shipping but to my surprise it did have shipping charges associated with it. But once I got it all setup it is beautiful. It is disappointing that you have to buy everything else individually as well and it is all very expensive. 2 pair of 3D glasses cost $300 the 3D emitter cost $50 and the wireless proprietary Sony usb WiFi adapter is $80. Sony it gets very expensive just to be able to watch 3D tv every now and then. It is a magnificent TV in 2D as well and I am totally impressed by the performance of the TV. A very happy consumer. Remember SONY IS THE ONE AND ONLY!!!!Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX800 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black
on December 14, 2010
What a phenominal piece of electronic wizardry we experienced in the 55" Sony Bravia KDL55HX800 3D-Ready HDTV. Color and presentation are breathtaking - Blu-ray disc movies are awesome - and HDTV is sharp, clear, and enjoyable beyond words to watch (particularly since our new Sony system is connected to a well-known home theatre sound system)... The purchase of the HDTV came with a bundle comprising a 3D Blu-ray player, a 3D Syncronizing Transmitter, and two (2) pairs of 3D Glasses (all Sony products), all for a reasonable and discounted cost - and a great deal! We recommend this HDTV system to anyone - it will bring the BIG screen of movie-houses to your home..
on May 31, 2013
This is a big tv with a great looking screen. I was very surprised by how light the entire unit was. It was also easy to wall mount. The picture is bright and crisp, no disappoints! The setup is fast and easy, it connected to our wifi signal immediately and also synced with our cable providers remote with no steps at all. The sound is adequate and the different picture settings are good if you're using for games, movies, surfing, etc. it has ample hdmi ports on the backside which is helpful for our various peripherals.
on March 31, 2011
This is definitely a great TV. I was looking at the 120hz version before, but got this one on sale. Easy to set up and use. Sound is average for any TV, but if you get one of these, you likely have a sound system anyways.

Great for games, movies or general TV watching. I would suggest having a good TV stand though. Mine is starting to bow a little, so I have to get one a little beefier (right now I just have some $30 from a mass retail store).

If you're on the bubble, just do it.
on March 10, 2011
Amazing TV. We set it up and connected it to our home theater system and love it. After connecting the ethernet we are excite dto see aboutusing some of the services. the only unknown is getting 5.1 optical quality of the internet providers like Netflix from the TV out to the sony receiver. The picture is striking, even in bright light. The features; USB, PC,etc are all wondeful. Great value for the price.
on June 15, 2016
This tv is still in use in my living room. I have not had any problems with it at all. I highly recommend Sony tvs.
on November 19, 2013
Nice TV, but I do have a corner that has darken compared to the rest of the screen. The whole screeen would need to be replaced to correct - pretty expensive fix. Don't use the 3-D feature like I thought I would. Newer TV's hreless feature for updates, get the later model.
on September 23, 2010
After recently comparing this with other HD 3D big screen televisions at Best Buy and considering it the best product available, I ordered it from Butterfly Photo. Problems with the vendor:
1) No tracking info provided. After the stated delivery date came and went, I contacted the delivery company, only to find out that the TV hadn't even been shipped yet.
2) Once delivered and set up, I found a jagged, quarter inch wide streak running through the picture screen. Checking Butterfly Photo's return policy, I discovered they do not take back any TV over 19 inches, so now I have to deal directly with the manufacturer to get it replaced.
Caveat emptor. Buy the product, but not from Butterfly Photo.
on May 25, 2015
Purchased 4 years ago through Amazon. Awesome picture, great sound, and still runs like new today 4 years later!
on December 25, 2012
Easy set up. Great picture. Sound has stopped for a few minutes three times since I have had it. Not just the speakers, tried to use stereo still no sound. sound came back within a few minutes. Hopefully an Hdmi cable. Will check that next if it becomes a problem.