Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 30, 2013
I have played with Photoshop CS2 enough to do things I always do fairly easy (exposure, lighting etc). But after doing this for over a year I started thinking there was so much more I can do with this program why not get one of the Dummie series books like I did for the digital Canon camera to make it easy on myself. Well now I don't have to hunt and peck through the program to figure something new out and the great thing is, it gives me new ideas. If you're a PhotoShop pro then you don't really need this book but if you're fairly new to digital photo's then this is a great tool to get you into making those pictures that are not the best to look good or at least much better. We all know if the photo you take is REALLY bad there is nothing you can do but retake it, so don't think this will make a bad photo look like a pro photo but it does make those good ones even better and bad ones exceptable
on March 5, 2013
I like the 'Dummies' books, and often use them to get a feel for the subject before diving into some of the weightier tomes out there. This one is printed on better quality paper, more glossy, and lots of colour.

I have a bunch of other books on CS2 - because it is a few years old, a lot of places are selling used books like this for $4 - including shipping! With the size of some of these technical computer books, they would be worth *that* much, just to use as toilet paper!

If you (like me) have downloaded the CS2 suite under Adobe's new "give it away" plan, check out the used books here on Amazon. I have amassed about 20 assorted volumes, and none of them cost more than $10.
on April 1, 2017
do not remember this item?
on February 5, 2016
It isn't very helpful for me but maybe someone else will benefit for it. I wouldn't have bought it if I would have know what it was like.
on September 6, 2014
This is a good book for learning how to use photoshop. It is easy to understand and gives good detail. I was impressed with the way it was written and how easy it is to understand.
on August 24, 2015
Covers the basics. There are probably better books out there, but this one is satisfactory for my purpose
on March 12, 2013
This is a GREAT place to start if you are beginning DSLR photography even if film has
been in your life for a long time! Have had CS for many years but have still learned a lot!
Now have Lightroom 4 and CS2 and hope that lasts for a while!
on March 27, 2009
This has been a very frustrating book to work through because it fails to mention key elements in its discussions. Chapter 10 on "Combining Images", for example, gives lots of information on how to work with layers, but never explains how to create layers. Incidents like this, and there are a few, are guaranteed to raise your blood pressure.
on January 4, 2013
I really have not had time to dig into this book and learn all I can with Photoshop, but I am hoping to real soon. I have glanced at it, and it does seem to be pretty well written and in depth.
on March 27, 2015