Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NuTone CT700 Deluxe Central Vacuum Electric Power Brush Tool
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on April 7, 2013
I have had this new power brush for several months now but have delayed in writing a review because I have very mixed feelings about it. I have owned a NuTone system in my home for 15 years and the older power head just didn't seem to be doing the job any more. Even took it and had it reconditioned but I still wasn't convinced it worked all that well when my Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum, SH20030 could be run over where I had just vacuumed and pick up dog hair and dirt! Time for a new power head!

Okay, this is my experience with this new head:

This is the ONLY model that NuTone makes now that is current. All other power heads you might find out there are older models.
It took three tries to get one that actually WORKED! First one would not run! Second one, the height adjustment was broken! The third one worked!
If you have even a few years older model of power hose you will need to buy the metal attachment wand and make sure you get the correct model to go with your hose. Different seller, but check, this worked out okay.
Hose nozzle is a tight fit and it isn't always easy to get the hose detached from the wand. Goes in hard and pulls out harder!
Power head is bigger, clunky and the height adjustments are noisy and cheap sounding when you step on the switch on the right side of the head.
The light is useless and would make no difference if it were there or not.
The power head, attached to the wand, will NOT lay down flat on the floor or go under furniture that well like the older model - goofy and annoying!
Power head is so big, height, that it will not go under a lot of furniture like the older power head would do - again, annoying!
I think that the power head is cheaply made, cumbersome to maneuver and overly heavy to push and pull around.
The wand is much bigger around, which also adds to the weight problem.

Over all it does a nice job vacuuming (4 stars) but the above complaints (1-2 stars) make me a little nuts using it. My husband loves it but then he doesn't vacuum all that much and guys tend to like things bigger don't they! I have no doubts that this power head was designed by a man!

I guess for the money, with a central vacuuming system already installed in my home, it has worked out okay and it would have been hard to justify the expense of buying say a Miele (which I wanted to do) but I kept getting ugly looks when I pushed this idea and on top of that my vacuum repair dealer talked up the superior advantages of the central vacuum over any and all other vacuums on the market so I relented and bought the new power head. Would I do it again, I guess so considering all the above reasons but am I happy with it - not really and have passing thoughts about finding a new and out-of-date older power head and going back to my old wand and being happy when I vacuum again!

5-27-13 Update

Third power head has now started making all kinds of racket! Called about service to NuTone. Seems since I live in Maine the only location for repairs was in New Jersey and my expense to ship! What! Okay, my husband made that call so I waited an hour, fumed a lot with some four letter words thrown in for good measure, picked up the phone myself and called NuTone once again. You always wind up with the Tech Dept. to get info on repairs or assistance. After a brief discussion with a VERY NICE Tech guy he told me he was going to send me a new one and I only had to fax my receipt. Okay, that was easy to do and nice of him and the company. I was stunned frankly, but I guess happy since I wasn't going to have to pay to ship this darn heavy thing for a warranty repair.

I only wish there was a way to just go back to the beginning and NEVER ordered this thing in the first place. I could have bought another vacuum or found an older but still new power head to replace my older one. Oh the journeys we find ourselves on once we buy something. A warning to be aware of the weight, size and above all the warranty and how to get service if and when you find yourself with a defective powerhead. Make sure you can lay your hands on your purchase invoice/s also if and when you might need them. Three power heads later and one on its way doesn't say much for the quality of this once very reputable product. Their customer service I would give very high marks since they answered many questions for me when I was on a search to replace my original power head trying to make sure I purchased the correct components since I had replaced my hose many years ago. Good luck if you decide to buy.
on July 27, 2011
I purchased this item (along with a new hose) to replace the 20+ year-old original, and found it to have a much better cleaning action, adjustability, and dual-edge cleaning that the original did not. This item also has bright LED lighting which is very nice. It is also the only reason I didn't give it five stars. There is too much intense stray light from both the white forward-facing LEDs, and the blue height-indicator LEDS, which shine straight up. Both become annoying after a short time. I have masked both with vinyl tape, and give the power vacuum brush a provisional 5-stars.
on January 22, 2012
Good price, good product. I'm happy with the NuTone vac. But something important was missing from my order: the power cord. I didn't know this at the time I placed my order. If none is included with the vac head, some mention should be made so the buyer is not left "powerless."
on March 4, 2013
This new design Power Brush is lighter, and sooo... much softer to the ear. It glides across the carpet, and navigates even the most difficult areas around and under furniture. I highly recommend it to everyone who either has a new central NuTone, or is replacing te old design. My old one lasted twenty years, and this one seems just as strong.
on March 24, 2013
Had my old vacuum for several years but needed to put a new brush on it and things were starting to wear. While checking out parts I noticed they made some great changes to the vacuum like swivel head,lights, and overall design. Since I vacuum a lot I thought I deserve an update. Love the new one picks up great and love the swivel head,goes under the furniture and corners much easier. No complaints.
on December 22, 2011
Just got this item last week but so far it has been good. It is much quieter than our 10+yr old older Nutone model. Seems to clean very well.
EDIT: June 2014 Still working great! Wife is OCD about cleaning so this thing gets a work out.
on July 11, 2015
I have had this central vac system for 25 years. It was time to change the power head. The old one was very noisy and the bristles on the roller were worn out. The new one is quiet and picks up all those threads and small pieces the old one had trouble with. It is easy to attach and detach the power head from the hose. One draw back is the metal tube attached to the power head will not move to a completely flat position so you may have trouble getting under some furniture.
on December 23, 2012
I absolutely love this new power brush. Be sure to order the cord that goes with it as it does not come with it. Quiet and even has multiple floor choices. A light helps in the dark corners.
on May 19, 2016
Disappointed the only reason I replaced my old Nutone 600 with the Nutone 700 is the old one was made in America. When I received the new unit I was disappointed to see it was made in China, had I known that I would've just bought the cheaper Chinese knockoff also sold on Amazon. Additionally I found out the CT 700 does not fit the old handle from the CT 600 so I had to buy new handle as well.
on December 9, 2013
First, I had to replace my old old electric power brush, then the wand, then the hose, then the wall unit. These new units don't match the old parts of NU Tone central vacs. It all runs great now. I am going to wait to replace the central power unit