Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,063 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,141 reviews
on March 18, 2016
When I first was looking for a dehydrator, I'd read some of the bad reviews here but decided to get this one anyway. I've waited for almost three years to write this review because I REALLY wanted to make sure it was sturdy and reliable. I can honestly say, after using it religiously once a week for three years, it does the trick!

I've been making chicken jerky treats for my dogs, and my family's dogs -- six all together. They are so easy to make, healthy, are made in the USA, and the dogs love them. When I think back to all the money I've saved making chicken jerky with this handy dehydrator... WOW I could go on a cruise! Ok -- bon voyage!
on August 28, 2016
I got one of these as a gift and had a grand time making jerky, chicken strips for my dogs (good idea since the Chinese started poisoning our dogs) and dried herbs from my garden. I even wrote my own jerky recipe that friends now ask for.
I used it for a couple of years and the motor gave out. Only complaint I have it that it is noisy as hell. Had to banish it to my shop in the basement to make stuff. A bit of a pain, but for $35 this is a pretty good buy.

When it died, i replaced it with the Nesco FD-80 square model. It is about two-and-a-half times the price, but well worth it. It is whisper quiet and holds a ton of stuff - six racks about 12 inches on a side, which means six square feet of drying space. I also prefer the temp control. This one here - FD37 - runs at a constant temp around 170 degrees F. The FD-80 has a control you can set from 90 to 160/

My conclusion is if you're tight on cash this will do just fine. If you can afford the extra cost, the FE-80 is like having a Lexus dehydrator.

Pros:
Inexpensive. works fine. enough rack space for small to medium size production

Cons:
makes a crazy-loud racket.
on May 11, 2016
I was so excited to do my very first batch of activated nuts...soaked my organic almonds in himalaya salt, rinsed, and placed them in the dehydrator. They were meant to be in there for 12-24 hours, but when I checked on them after only 8 hours, they were all burnt and ruined! Also the machine had MELTED and BENT!!!!! I now have to throw it out! There were no different heat settings, so I couldn't have turned it down at all... A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY, TIME, AND EXPENSIVE ORGANIC ALMONDS AND SALT!!!!!
on October 3, 2013
Mt first time using this I tried to dry some apples, the dehydrator turned off automatically, but the fruit was done anyways, so I figured it just overheated. (still I'd only had it on 4-5 hours). Tried using it again two days later and the same thing happened. I unplugged it for a few hours and tried turning it on again. The coils in the motor got really red and the fan wouldn't turn on.

Be very careful with this item. It could be a fire hazard if the motor goes bad on you.
on February 18, 2015
I did purchase this on the 28th of June 2014. I have used it about 5 times, I got it out the other day to do some apples for my Birds. It ran for about 20 minutes and started stopping and starting, I thought we was have brown outs. Then it quit and started smoking. Glad I was home, could have started a fire! Such a waste of money. Has a puney DC motor it is that don't last long enough until the warranty is out. It Is sad they won't replace it, it is almost brand new. Don't even have any stains on it yet, and was kept in a box.
on February 15, 2017
I have purchased several. Good product. Seems to dry faster than other brands due in part to the heat/fan extends down through the drying rings vs. sitting strictly on top of unit. Better air/heat circulation=faster drying time. Would buy again.
on January 8, 2016
SUPER LOUD. Having said that, for the money and the size, it's great. My first batch of jerky turned out awesome in less time than I anticipated. But IT'S SO LOUD. Like a blow dryer but not as loud as a vacuum cleaner. Unless you have a ventilated room to put it in, beware. And it gets VERY hot to the touch. For the money, I'd say buy it if you've got a room to put it in or will be away while it's working. Knowing how hot it gets, I may not feel comfortable turning it on and leaving the house for fear of it burning the counter it sits on or something.
on December 16, 2016
Works great I have been using for almost a year now, only issue I have had with it is that it needs to be in a cool place. I had it in the garage when it was pretty hot outside and when I shut it off after 4 hours (it was really hot) it would not come back on. I thought I had broke it, but after I let it cool down inside for few hours it started right back up. Learned my lesson.....
on March 30, 2015
I bought this to quickly dry out brass after wet tumbling with stainless steel media. I was hoping to cut my dry times from several hours or overnight to something more manageable, and this little dehydrator was surprisingly quick about it.

Filling the five levels with one layer of loosely packed .223/5.56 cases allows about 3-400 to fit. Cases came out dry in only 20 minutes, which was amazing considering how long I was used to waiting.

My only complaint is that the outside gets quite hot to the touch during operation, so after turning the unit off I have to let it sit for a few minutes prior to handling with bare hands. For what Amazon is charging for these it's a steal for reloaders who are trying to speed up their tumbling and drying process while attempting to avoid water spots on their brass. I'd happily buy another if something were to happen to this one.
on November 18, 2016
Although it does exactly as it advertises, I would recommend anyone to buy the next grade up for an additional 10 dollars, because it actually has temperature control, which this model lacks. What that means is, it actually takes A LOT longer to dehydrate whatever you want to work with than the other one. We did a compare with our neighbor who has the next model up, hers not only took 3 hours less, but the end product was crispy (ours was dry and chewy, and for anyone interested, we used bananas for the comparison).