Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 414 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 706 reviews
on December 2, 2015
Love this show!!! Lough out loud funny!!!
on January 23, 2016
This series is fantastic!
on February 20, 2015
Great show!
on April 20, 2011
My favorite NEW show..

Recently I've tried a few new comedy shows to get into. (Party Down, Parks & Recreation, Louie and The League of Shiva) Yeah, all of them were funny, but its The League that has truly won my heart though. I gotta say when this show first was released on FX I was in no way trying to get into it or even give it the time of day. The sixth season of Sunny was going on at the time and this show came on afterwards. Never watched longer than 5 minutes. Boy, do I not sure feel like I've missed something. This show is on point with it's humor. I laugh out loud each and every episode; can watch the same episode multiple times and it does not get old also. Each and every character offers something different to the show making each one of them a riot!
My personal favorite character is Kevin's wife. She is just perfect as the woman who is into the fantasy league just as much as her husband, if not more (picks his players, tells him who to use) yet plays it off like she isn't, it's great. The other characters include:
Taco, the over-sexed stoner who makes his own deodorant to save 4 dollars and knows hot girls drive Jettas.
Pete, the 3 time Shiva-bowl champ who is going through a divorce and who doesn't like surprise reach-arounds =)
Ruxin, or Rodney haha who is my second favorite and who is just such a douche I laugh at everything he says espeically the bounce test.
Kevin, whose fixated on winning, lets his wife choose his team and perform the usual bet.
and last but not least Andre, who is not the favorite by the league yet they all tolerate him to make fun of him. He is the typical goof-ball thats is easily influenced by his "friends". He loves him some Shiva =)

All these characters bring somehting different to the table and I promise you'll fall in love with all of em as I have...

This short season sadly only has six episodes in it. The episodes average around 21 to 22 minutes other than the pilot episode which is more like a half hour. The thing i found nice was that when you don't choose play all and select an episode you can select the extended version of the episodes. This was were a few "f" bombs were dropped, some very funny stories a lil too vulgar on tv were added in and some very dirty "quick on your feet" responses were given. The longer versions of the episodes do not seem drawn out or forced either. There is only an extra 2 minutes or so in each episode but the extended versions are a must see still. I am yet to look at all the special features yet but will get to it soon. I highly suggest this show...it's new, funny, vulgar, and it gets funnier as the season goes on and after the first initial viewing of the season. I purchased it a couple days back and it was like 10 bucks. Great deal, as I do this review now the price is 8.99. IT is honestly a steal. Check it out, catch up on both this season and season 2 which has already finished airing and should be coming on dvd soon enough here. I hope I've been helpful...Go watch THE LEAGUE
-Cam
on September 9, 2013
Well the football season just started and with my boyfriend in current action with his fantasy football team, I thought this would be the perfect show. We both watch it and we love it. Its sexually humorous and great comedy. Worth the watch.
on February 13, 2017
don't know how i missed this show when it started. funny and entertaining, especially for sports nuts and fantasy football geeks. buyers should know that all the seasons are available with a hulu subscription. this show seems a lot like "veep" in that the is an overall story arc with the characters ripping on each other in each scene. "veep" executes it to a high art form, "the league" is just watchably good at it.
on December 13, 2016
Reminds me of the time I sat on the back of my truck staring up at a group of stars thinking, man I wish I had a nickel for everyone of those stars.
It was at that moment I realized that I needed to be more ambitious in life, and that I should wish for a dollar for every star. To this day I am still dissapionted that I didn't revise the amount to $100 dollars instead of one dollar. I'm such a tool... Wait, what was I writing a review for?
on February 8, 2017
Don't let the fact that it's based around a fantasy football league turn you away!

Fantasy football is no more than a prop in this hilarious series about long-time friends who, despite being (supposedly) functioning adults, turn crass, rude, and juvenile when it comes to each other and their competition. Anyone who enjoys dark, inappropriate humor and who tends to revert to a younger version of themselves when their around "those" friends will relate to this show.
on September 10, 2015
This is a MUST watch show if you've ever played Fantasy Sports and/or had a bunch of friends that loved making fun of each other. It's very "real" (I wish it was real, but it gets close to what reality should look like hahaha) and engaging.

It's an amazing show for guys and some girls open to the idea of understanding why men behave the way we do sometimes. Definitely a good time investment. El Cunado brings a new fantastic low level and you just engage more and more with every episode and season.

One of the best shows you'll see out there.
on October 6, 2010
The League is one of my favorite shows currently on Television, making my Thursday evenings one of the most anticipated non-sports viewing times during the Fall. Season One was great and is even better on Blu-Ray. There are extended versions of each episode which don't add a lot of content but do remove any bleeping (for better or worse). There are not as many extra features as I would have liked (the only reason this is 4 stars and not 5) but they do have the full length music videos for Taco's songs as well as a few other solid items.

All-in-all, if you like the league this is probably worth purchasing for lifelong enjoyment and satisfaction. You'll be glad you pulled the trigger.