Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,052 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,730 reviews
This game is great on Xbox 360. The matchmaking seems pretty fair. The wager matches are the most fun though. I love playing OIC, sticks and stones or gun game with my friends all night. Makes for some great YouTube gameplay and some great laughs. Zombies is a whole other league. It is the best zombies game in my opinion. It is almost like having two games squished into one. Great value.
review image review image review image
on February 19, 2014
This game surprised me as I was not expecting the time in history that this pertains to.....the decade of the '60's, a very tumultuous decade at that. Mostly to do with the Cold War between USSR and USA......and even touching on the end of WWII.....a nice touch. So the pace of the game, in conjunction with the weapons of that time, I found to my liking. It didn't have the faster pace of recent COD's and the firepower wasn't nearly as overwhelming. One has a bit more time for thinking and contemplating different strategies. For me that was a definite plus. At any rate, a nice playing experience. I'm tempted to now try Black Ops II.
on September 29, 2016
Excellent deal & condition. One of the best COD games! A truly amazing game! Zombies is on another level of awesomeness!! If you want to go back to the roots from Black Ops 2 or 3 then you want Black Ops 1. I played this game with my son many times and you wouldn't believe how much you can bond with your kid just by playing video games with them. Let them teach you. My son also met my now fiance on Black Ops 2!!! Results might not be typical but it never hurts to just HAVE FUN either!!!!
on June 28, 2013
The Positives:
Zombie mode is fun.

The Negatives:
Short campaign.
Weak campaign story.
Zombie mode only has 3 maps, One of which is an arcade style map.
Poorly designed multiplayer maps.
Multiplayer puts you against top level players, Not against players of similar skill level.
Not much in terms of content.

Overall, It's a cash cow. You want to play more, You have to pay more. Very disappointing because it could have been a lot better if there was more content to it, Especially with Zombie mode. If you can get it for under 10 bucks then I'd recommend, Anything higher then I'd pay on it.
on April 6, 2017
Classic game and working disc. I purchased this game because I had it back when it came out and played the hell out of it. So it got scratched up and would not play! I saw this to play it on my xbox one and it was great!
on March 29, 2012
Call of Duty Black Ops is one of the best multiplayer shooter type online games ever devised. Using the same program as Call of Duty Modern warfare, but set in different locales, Black ops expands on the soldier shooter experience. Graphics are better at higher resolution.
The bonus feature of Black OPS is the ability to purchase zombies for an added fee. With five different zombie games to choose from, multiplayers can run for their lives and blast ferocious walking and running zombies until their ultimate demise. The best multiplayer programs are Kino der Toten, Ascension and Dawn of the dead. Buying Call of duty Black Ops and an xbox ultimately is cheaper then going to the movies and more fun too!
on February 6, 2017
Don't care for this CoD series anymore, they're all so repetitive now, but had to get the BO series for the Zombies mode!

Game works and disc is in great condition
VINE VOICEon March 14, 2011
someone has got to figure out what to do about cheaters and modders on console games. This game was literally the best shooter i've ever played until 2-3 months after release when everyone you played with has a modded auto-aim or invincible setup. until that point though this was the best COD on the market for multiplayer.

The campaign felt forced and robotic, but you don't play COD for the campaign :)

Edited 6 months later:
Ended up trading this game in because hacking/modding/cheating has gotten so bad. Nobody I know is still playing it for the same reason. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted.
Call of Duty Black Ops is based in the Cold War era. You take on a character who relives scenes such as the Russian Roulette scene in Deer Hunter.

It's fair to say that if you've watched any war movies, you've seen all the scenes involved here. You get the Dirty Dozen, Deer Hunter, Platoon, and more. The plots tend to be extremely scripted. You have one way to get through a scene and either you perfect it or you're stuck.

The AI definitely doesn't win any awards. Many other games shine in AI, and this isn't it. Don't expect your friends to help out, and don't expect the enemy to think wisely either. You're mostly dealing with fairly simple robots who do what they think they were told to do.

The infinite enemies is always something I get annoyed with. It means, if you're stealthy and careful, that you're penalized for being that way. Surely after the 800th enemy they have run out of backup!

The voice acting is fairly good, and the video is good. If you're a fan of all those old war movies, which I admit I am, then there's a certain amount of fun being immersed in them. But there's one thing to enjoy being "in the scene" with Robert De Niro. It's another to be there and then annoyed by streams of never-ending enemies stalking at you like zombies.

Speaking of which, there's a zombie mini-game in there. I do enjoy mini-games but this one was fairly silly. I suppose it doesn't cause any harm to have it added into the mix. But I wish they'd spent that development time on polishing the main game's gameplay.

I'd recommend renting this game first, to see how much it appeals to you. Certainly there's an audience for every game. It could be that this is just what you're looking for. But you're sure to figure out after a day or two if this is tedious for you, or an exciting trip back in time.

Rating: 7/10.

I purchased this game with my own funds in order to do this review.
on April 9, 2012
I got this game originally when it came out, but the hardened edition which I sold, but I got this game again. Let's all come to terms with the truth. Call of Duty gets worse every year, it's the same garbage forced down our throats, and I refuse to ever buy one again. HOWEVER, the thing about Black Ops that sets it aside from Modern Crapfare series, is the addition of the Zombies mode. Zombies itself is worth buying this game for. If you have friends to play with, it never gets boring.

Some people do like the multiplayer formula (online), and I will admit I was one of them. But CoD is just nothing new. It's boring. I can't recommend anyone to pick up this game for the multiplayer aspect, but if you love zombies this game is more than worth it. Also, even though I dislike the multiplayer portions anyway, the online in Black Ops is better than Modern Warfare 3.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.