Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,406 reviews
on May 3, 2011
Fringe is simply the best show on TV right now. I'm an over-65 retired female, not exactly the demographic that a show like Fringe is playing to, but I like my shows complex, dramatic -- yes, even some sci-fi -- a little wacky, and a huge part intelligent writing and excellent acting. Abrams and his crew of talented writers and producers have done it again, Lost being another of a line of winning series (anyone missing Felicity would be well-advised to take a look at one woman's four years in college).

Fringe has continued to entertain, amuse, shock and totally take viewers on a roller coaster ride from one week to the next, and each season is better than the last. John Noble is so excellent as the absolutely diabolical but lovable mad scientist Walter that I can't for the life of me understand why Emmy Awards haven't been thrust at him every year. Anna Torv is that rare female actress who appeals equally to men and women, and quite possibly the only female lead on television who dresses appropriately for her job as an FBI agent. Her Olivia is a polished jewel, both beautiful and smart! Joshua Jackson was such a surprise to me because I didn't expect him to be up to the caliber of his castmates, but I was so wrong -- he is brilliant as the super-smart once bad boy Peter. The threesome is surrounded by interesting and quirky characters to fill out the ensemble, especially Lance Reddick as the head of the FBI's Fringe Division, and Jasika Nicole as the utterly delightful Agent and Walter-sitter Astrid, whose name he never seems to remember correctly but always speaks with adoring admiration.

If you haven't watched Fringe yet, I recommend watching it from the very beginning. There has been a long, enjoyable and steady build-up from the first episodes of Season 1 to where we are now at the end of Season 3, and I promise you will enjoy the ride!
1111 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2012
Fringe is simply the best show on TV right now. Period. It's getting awfully close to one of the best shows (ever) for me. Yes, it's that good. And season 3 is arguably the best season.

What's to like? You get to see both universes. You get to see Anna Torv and John Noble play both their characters in our universe and their alternates in the other universe. And these aren't 'slight' variations of the characters, these are full-blown characters in their own right with different personalities from their dopplegangers in our universe. And it's not black and white, we can see the complexities and it's not simple to declare who the good guys and bad guys are although Walternate comes closest to being the bad guy. At least, until you see Season 4...

Simply put - this show is a tour-de-force and absolutely mind-blowing at times. It is a crime that more people aren't watching it.

You could make a case for season 1 (where things were still hidden) and season 2 (where the inter-dimensional war become fully out in the open and secrets were revealed) being better and I'd be hard pressed to argue. I doubt many would argue that the current season 4 is the best but then again with 8 episodes left who knows what the writers will pull on us. I still remember the season 1 finale when Olivia ended up in the alternate universe for the first time and we saw Kennedy was still alive and the World Trade Center towers were still standing...
on October 30, 2016
This season has some of my favorite Fringe episodes, and shows off some of the most talented acting by Anna Torv, Jasika Nicole, John Noble, and Seth Gabel as they each portray (2) distinct, yet similar characters in the different universes. There's several storylines building this entire season, and the romantic relationship between Peter and Olivia does not overshadow the potential destruction of one or both universes.
on March 22, 2017
i have binged this show completely through at least 5 times! It's a great show!
on May 10, 2012
Altlivia is here, Olivia is over there. Can Peter save our world, and who is Henry?? These questions and more are answered (and some questions asked) in this season of FRINGE! LOYAL FAN, and whose side are you with?
on June 19, 2016
Truly captivating story continues and leaves me wanting more, on to the next season!!
on November 26, 2013
Not sure if it's my favorite season, but for sure a great series of episodes. The plot continues to develop and any fan will enjoy to watch this next chapter in the Fringe Saga.
on August 9, 2016
good but not great.
on January 28, 2016
i like it. bends your mind and twists it.
on August 15, 2015