Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swiss Gear SA1061 Black Backpack
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on February 1, 2013
High schooler carries all of his books to all classes due to time restrictions getting back to his locker. He needed a durable, large capacity backpack. Swiss Gear is a good brand and while the straps have pulled out on less expensive brands, this one has held up to the weight. It wasn't quite as large as I would have liked and I have yet to find a backpack with a front pocket large enough for a lunch when the primary compartment is full of books. However, we purchased this after the main school shopping season and selection was not the best. It wasn't exactly what we wanted, but overall we're happy with the price/quality value.
on January 4, 2016
decent product, looks like it will last well, but its a basic bag. Got this BECAUSE there is NO laptop padding.. since this wont be used for a laptop, it seemed like a waste to take up space with those laptop pockets.
on January 16, 2013
I bought 2 for my laptop and my husband's 17" widescreen Envy dv7's, fit perfectly with plenty of extra room for papers and cords, side pockets easily hold my mouse so I can keep everything relevant right where it should be. very happy with them.
on February 10, 2013
Great for its price.
But if the sale is over ... The material is not very thick and i think it is not very strong to carry heavy stuff.
To carry light stuff is perfect.
Front bag has key place, a lot of small storage places for pen, wallet, small papers, ...
The rear bag has plenty room carry a Small computer ( not a 17"), and some paper.
I use mine for gym, so a new set of cloth fits in ok plus a bag w/ shampoo, soap, razor, deodorant ....
on January 9, 2013
It's a very nice backpack for general use.

If you are searching for a backpack to use with a laptop, go and find something else.
It's not possible to keep safe a laptop.

In general, looks like a very good product (design/build).
on December 6, 2012
This Swiss Gear backpack is very light and well-built. Nylon outer shell quality is better than my existing North Face Recon backpack. Value for money! Thank you Amazon.

This is an addition to my earlier review. I bought it at $20 and wrote my review according to the price. I would not buy this backpack at the current price of $60. I would rather buy Kelty redtail which is much better than this.
on February 17, 2016
Great quality and very comfortable but the front smaller pocket isn't designed all that well. Things tend to fall out when you have the backpack laying flat. This has become a nuisance while in class trying to get pencils/etc out of this pocket. Otherwise, good product
on February 23, 2013
This bag is pretty good, you even can put a lot of stuffs in it

and still can hold the weight
on August 8, 2012
Its an absolutely cheap quality laptop backpack. It doesn't even have a flap which you usually pull to keep your laptop in. I don't know why Swissgear made such a cheap quality bag. I shouldn't have bought it since this had 0 reviews. I wouldn't even buy it if it were sold for 20 bucks. As soon as I opened the box and touched the bag, I felt its cheap built and horrible design after opening the bag. I am returning it the same day that I got it. Not even gonna try it. It doesn't even have a protective padding on the bottom of the bag to protect your laptop if at all the bag slips while keeping it on the floor or bench.

I would NEVER recommend to buy this bag as a laptop bag.

If you really like the style (which is definitely good and decent) you can buy it as a normal backpack to go to school, sports, etc.
on February 17, 2013
It has the capacity to hold my laptop in addition to my many school books. Simple in that it only has two pockets it is perfect for lugging to and from the library.

See 1 answered question