Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Size: Large|Change
Price:$7.01+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 713 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 756 reviews
on August 5, 2014
The nylabone durachew line of hard chew toys are the only toys I trust leaving in my dog's kennel with him. Everything else, including an extreme kong, will get destroyed. Plus he loves them! This ring usually lasts about 6 months before it just looks gross and I replace it - however, it is still completely intact, just worn down, after those 6 months.
review image
on November 30, 2016
Honestly, this is one of about 5 of 50 "aggressive chewer" toys that I have purchased for my King Shepherd that actually has lasted. She packs it around like a pacifier on days when it's too wet to take a vigorous walk or the two days per week that I have long work hours and she is kenneled. It has no odor that we have ever noticed, leaves no stain, goo or residue on surfaces and she's had it for over 6 months. The only thing that is MILDLY irritating is after months of chewing, it has scratchy edges all over it, so if it's on a carpet or soft bed, or she brings it to me when I have shorts on, it may scratch a little, not enough to be a problem on hardwood or soft flooring, more like Velcro ribs, however, this is a valuable compromise!!!! It's deal with this minor issue or have a dog chew through their kennel or eat your shoes, what's the better deal????
on November 21, 2016
Our seriously powerful chewer LOVES this toy. It's our second one because even though she has not completely destroyed the first, it's getting deep grooves in it that attract hairs and fibers and yucky things. I put it in the top rack of the dishwasher to clean, though not everything always comes out. My caution is that this is extremely hard, so be careful with hardwood floors. At our house, this is exclusively a crate toy. For added interest, we rub a drop of salmon oil into the deeper grooves. Puppy loves it!

BTW this is as hard a chew as we allow in our house. Our canine dentist (yes we have one - feel free to insert eye rolls like I did at first...) said to never use a chew that you couldn't at least mark with a fingernail, as they're great at breaking teeth. So antlers and hard bones are out. This is a great replacement.
on August 23, 2016
My 50-55lb dog is a big fan of the Nylabone Ring. She enjoyed it immediately and has continued to chew this toy for a couple years. I just purchased a replacement - about 1 year after the last one. The first one of these she inherited from another dog and did manage to chew through the ring and then started chewing bits off, so it needed to be taken away. That took quite a long time, and I just replace them before it gets to that point now. Small pieces will come off while they chew the bone. Some of these they will swallow (but she's never had any issues passing the small bits) and others will just fall on the floor. My one complaint about this bone is that it gets VERY sharp edges, and when they leave it all over the floor, stepping on it or running into it can be painful. Also, if you have a dog that pushes toys on your lap, this can scrape the skin, or delicate fabrics. Despite that, this toy remains a favorite and I don't see any way to prevent the edges becoming sharp, so I stand by 5 stars. One of the best benefits of this toy was being able to teach my dog that this is for chewing and her plushies are for gentler play. The bone is already fairly inexpensive for how long it lasts and has saved us a lot of money on plush toys since she no longer destroys them in minutes (this does require training and guidance - the toy doesn't work miracles :) )
review image review image
on January 11, 2017
I have a 9 month old husky who literally eats EVERYTHING. The only toys that have survived her wrath are the black KONG ball and bone. A friend suggested I give the Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Ring a try. I must say, I am impressed with the durability. She has worn it down in a few places, but this sucker will last a long while. The only reason I am not giving a full 5 stars is because my poor floors and toes have suffered from her dropping/tossing it as she is playing. Be careful for that. This thing can break a foot if it hits you hard enough
on September 27, 2015
Maximus proof! Now bear in mind, Max has multiple toys because he is a megga chewer pitbull. He loves this nylabone. It has lasted well over a month now. This is also a hit with Max's pitbull cousins Aria and Ragnar.
The only down side to this toy is when you step on it without shoes...which of course has nothing to do with what this toy is intended for!

The other toys Max has are a buffalo horn, two booda ropes, a booda snake and the kong kibble dispenser. I put this in here, becaue I believe that this is possibly why the nylabone has lasted so long?
on September 25, 2016
I actually ordered this large Nylabone for my bigger more aggressive chewer. He's 6 months old and between 30-40lbs. Turns out, my little one loves it. Even though it's half her size, this works perfectly to keep her busy. Granted, we are only an hour into chew time but she seems so happy and there's not a single chew mark on it. She normally eats hair or fuzz off the floor...so much so that she just recovered from a $1500 surgery to remove all the objects from her belly. I am so grateful to have this in our home! I will update my review if anything changes in quality...but it really seems like the perfect fit so far.
review image review image
on February 27, 2017
This is one of my labradors' favorite chew toys. The textured bumps on the ring gives them something extra to gnaw, and they can carry it around by holding it in their mouthes. My labs are 60 and 70 pounds, and even with this being a favorite, it's lasted 8 months.
It's non-edible, so if you buy this product for your dog, be sure to check it regularly to make sure they aren't getting bits off.
on March 21, 2017
My Dobie is a chewer he loves to destroy toys, and anything plush you give him. He has destroyed Kongs, and pretty much everything he has been given...except this!
I was skeptical when it came, it's really hard and I wasn't sure he would chew it, but he picked it up and it has been his fav. Toy since. He chews it ALL the time and hasn't destroyed it yet...the only thing I hate is that it's heavy, so when he drops it on the tile or a foot, it's not good. And, the little hard pieces from chewing it down (not little pieces that fall off, that hasn't happened) that snag rugs and it hurts much like a lego to step on!
Enthusiast: Petson December 14, 2014
The Large Textured rings are truly amazing. In our household, we have 3 dogs that range in size from 42 lbs to 84 lbs. These rings are the perfect size for all of them, and are durable enough to survive for months on end without the need of replacement. This is one of their favorite chews because the ring design allows them to tilt their head backwards and chew using their back teeth. I'd highly recommend these rings for chewers of varying intensity, and if my dogs could speak, I'm sure they would too!

For reference purposes, our 3 dogs are:
-A Chow Chow / Dachshund mix (42 lbs)
-A Pit Bull (60 lbs)
-A German Shepherd Dog (84 lbs)