Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Size: iPhone 4 / 4s|Color: black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,244 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,364 reviews
on October 10, 2010
This little $20 case may be the best purchase I've ever made!! I wish I could give this product 10 stars!!

Let me tell you a brief story:

I previously never had a case on my iPhone 4 before, because I thought the phone was too beautiful to mar with a case. Well that was a huge mistake, because 2 weeks ago, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 4 on the sidewalk and the screen shattered into about a million pieces, the sides of the iPhone were completely crushed in, and it basically looked like my iPhone had been run over by a tank. All this from a minor 4 foot drop out of my hand onto the ground.

I had to purchase a brand new iPhone from the Apple Store to replace my damaged one, and I vowed to always use a case from that point forward.

I had always loved Incipio's cases for my old iPhone 3GS, so I snapped up this NGP case for my iPhone 4. Really nice rubbery material that doesn't stick to your pockets, and feels very solid in your hands.

But I didn't know how well it would protect.

Well, last night I had a chance to find out. I was eating dinner with some friends and I was showing them something in the iPhone. I sneezed, and ridiculously the iPhone went FLYING out of my hands, across the room, bouncing like an acrobat on the HARD TILE FLOOR about 10 times and twirling & flipping in the air in between each bounce. it was HORRIFYING! I was watching it happen in slow motion, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was about a hundred times worse than the minor drop which destroyed my old iPhone 2 weeks prior.

When my new iPhone finally came to a screeching halt about 20 feet away, I was expecting the worst. I was terrified to pick up my iPhone, which was facing down on the hard tile ground. I picked it up, and LO AND BEHOLD, this Incipio NGP case COMPLETELY PROTECTED AND SAVED MY iPhone!!

My iPhone was still in MINT CONDITION... not a SINGLE SCRATCH NOR DENT on the entire phone!! AMAZING!!!! And the case was still completely intact as well... not a single mark on the case either! This case protected my iPhone and was ready to start serving duty again immediately!!

This case is a miracle worker!! I am sold for life on the Incipio NGP cases!!

Thank you, Incipio, for making such an outstanding product!!
1212 comments| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2010
Bought my iPhone 4 recently and was doing some research on cases for the iPhone. I did also personally check with one to many iPhone users who have used several other products and tried their cases on mine. The various products I tried either were flimsy, bulky, ugly looking and bad design. After some extensive research for such a small thing, I purchased this Incipio iPhone 4 case.

What really surprised me is the simplicity of the product and yet something that offers everything I needed.

Pros
1. Clean cover and finish (no finger prints)
2. Easy and precise access to all controls (all sides of the phone)
3. Solid Protection and cushioning
4. Firm grip to the phone
5. Scratch resistant (so far haven't had any, my usage is quite rough)

Cons (if you think that protecting your investment is more important, then this may not be a con for you)
1. Adds about 3-4 mm thickness to the phone, but not too much considering other products
2. Looses the side and the back beauty of the product as it is Matte Black
3. Does not offer front screen protection, you may need to protect it with some other screen protection product

Well, for the amount I paid, I think it offers more than what I needed. Its been only 2 weeks of usage so far and hope to test it some more time. Will post some updates after some rough use.

I will certainly recommend this product to users who need a simple and easy to use product to protect their iPhone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update - 12/21/2010

One drawback I noticed is that when I tried to plug in non conventional 3.5mm pins for audio out, the pin was not firmly inserted in. I guess the thickness of the material as well as the gap for the hole does not let the pin to be firmly placed. I had to remove the cover and plug the pin in. If you use non conventional audio out, you might want to think twice. Still recommend this product, as it provides great protection and cushion to the phone.

Update - 10/11/2011

My phone dropped off a few times on hard surfaces and not even a scratch. The drawback I previously pointed out is no longer a drawback. I use conventional 3.5 mm pins without having to remove the cover and sometimes blue tooth relay for the audio. Worthy investment of every penny.
22 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2011
I just reviewed (and returned) the Case-Mate iPhone 4 Jett Metal Case, color=Grey so I thought it would make sense to review the case I replaced it with. The Jett was replacing a Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for iPhone 4. So this is the third case on my quest toward a perfect iphone 4 case.

I really had a few simple requirements from a case when I started:
1) not bulky or stick to my pocket
2) protect the device from a moderate drop

Along the way, I added a few more grading criteria. (The reason I added them is in parenthesis.)
3) Don't degrade my reception (Jett)
4) protect the screen when placed face-down (barely there)
5) not too slippery (barely-there)
6) appearance (NGP)

A few high-level comparisons between these very different cases are important before I begin my review. The jett case is a metal bumper-style with a lip extending front and rear. This case is a plastic case with full rear and side coverage, and lip extending front. The jett case is not quite 4x the cost of this NGP. The barely-there is the most low profile case I could find, it is fairly slick and does not extend whatsoever to protect the screen.

The NGP ends up being a compromise. Per the above criteria:
1) It is not the lowest profile, but it's not too bulky. (Lose a half-star for bulk.) It is the perfect amount of grip. It feels perfectly smooth, and is easy to remove from pockets. At the same time, it grips fine in the hand. The polymer is much better than a softer rubbery or silicone material in that it does not stretch or stick.
2) It will definitely protect the device. It is not a hard plastic, but in fact it will take a good impact. It also has substantial corners (hence not the lowest profile) but not too obnoxious.
3) It doesn't degrade reception at all (unlike the Jett case which did)
4) It has a good bead around the front, again not the lowest profile, but not too obnoxiously big. So the screen is well protected.
5) As mentioned above, grips perfectly fine in the hand.
6) It is admittedly not a sexy looking case. The Jett looks really freaking slick (although a bit bulkier) whereas the barely-there looks great. This NGP is very plain. Not glittery, not feminine, and not hello-kitty. So it works for me, but definitely its appearance is not up to apple standards and would make Steve Jobs cringe. (So, lose a half-star for appearance.)

One nit is that the fit around the volume buttons is imperfect. It's difficult to explain, but here goes... The volume buttons slightly protrude from the iphone, whereas the inside of the case does not have corresponding cavities to marry up with these buttons. Consequently, the case bulges out very slightly at those buttons. It is easier than it should be to accidentally mash the case and hit a random "volume up or down function". This is acceptable, although they really should have done a better job of it. (So, lose a star for design).

All things considered, this NGP met all of my criteria except for the appearance being a bit bulky or utilitarian. If you are all about apple, this would definitely not be your case. But if your phone spends lots of time in your pocket or in your car cupholder or on your desk and maybe flipped on its face, this is going to keep your phone safe.

Perhaps this is subjective, but I would go as far as to say that the iphone4 is inherently less case-friendly than the iphone3. (assuming you want a full case). Iphone3 has far better looking (and lower profile) full cases due to the rounded back. Iphone4 cases have square backs and generally have flat sides which simply add more material and bulk. I hope the iphone5 returns to the rounded back as the rumors claim.
33 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
This offers nice protection from casual drops and scuffs, while keeping a slim profile. The pictures don't do it justice. All buttons and controls line up nicely, and the texture is smooth and dry feeling, not "grippy" but not slippery.

I also bought the QuickFlipCase by Grantwood[...] so I could wear it on my belt, and the phone (with this Incipio cover) fits snugly inside the QuickFlipCase with just the right amount of "play" to allow easy removal. It's is a great combination.
on February 14, 2014
My husband bought me this case cause it was purple and cheap and it turned out to be THE BEST thing ever. I am THE phone terrorist!! Before my iphone, I needed a new phone every 2 months or so, they would just break. I had my iphone 4S for two years and two months (until it was stolen) and it was just as new, not one scratch on it. My iphone lived on the floor, on the street, on the snow, etc... and this case kept it safe. I hope that really nice lady who stole my phone doesn't read this review and things it's a crappy case and throws it away and the phone finally breaks. I now had to buy the 5C so I just hope the case for it is just as good.
on November 15, 2011
It is a black Iphone4 case, not too much to say, sturdy protrudes past the face so you can lay the phone upside down and not worry about it scratching the face. I tried to install the screen protector, I suck at that so can't blame NGP, I trashed it. I never use one on the Gorrilla Glass Iphone 4 anyway.

Big plus, not sticky rubber, not super slick. I carry my phone in my jeans pocket and the rubber cases always were a pain to get out of my pocket, not the NGP, it isn't too slick either so when I hold the phone it doesn't seem like it's going to slip out of my hand.

Nice case, nice price. I'd do it again.
on August 25, 2011
I ditched my Apple "bumper" after 1 year for this Incipio NGP case (Matte Finish/Black); it certainly adds a small amount of bulk to the device, but it is well worth it for the added protection and comfort. The case fits seamlessly around the iPhone 4 (I have AT&T). The sleep and volume buttons, which were not covered by the Apple "bumper", are covered with this case but they feel very responsive nonetheless. Very happy w/ this purchase.
on June 27, 2011
My husband and I finally took the plunge and decided to purchase iPhones. He works as a freight driver and he is pretty hard on phones. I invested in the best reviewed screen protectors and I thought I should do the same with the case. The Incipio NGP case is a champ. After only 10 days of having the phone he left it on the back bumper of a a very large truck. He proceeded to run over it with the truck and trailer which was weighed at 5000 pounds. He thought for sure the phone was a goner. The phone luckily landed face down and all we can figure is the hard ridged edges kept the screen from getting pressed against the ground. After a quick screen protector change everything was back up and running like it had never been run over. If that isn't a great review I don't know what else is.
55 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
What can I say Incipio makes a great simple case for everyday use. Would recommend this one for sure. Glad I found it.
on November 26, 2011
Great item. Flexible but strong enough to provide the right amount of support. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a great iphone case.