Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lifetime 90040 Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on June 27, 2011
I ordered this item for my grandson and he has enjoyed it so much. I was pleased to receive this item and found that it could be assembled very easily and was very sturdy. I recommend this for anyone with children 6 years of age or more.
on January 10, 2012
Good looking Basketball System and the kids have a lot of fun with it.
Be careful when you assemble it because the instructions are only figures with no explanations. The tricky part is when a tube has to slide into another tube. There is just one image and there are no labels on the tubes to help understanding the step.
The other problem is that when the ball hits the backboard it doesn't bounce because the backboard is not rigid enough and it absorbs the shot.
Other problem is the base, not that strong, it's better not to step on it!
on May 17, 2012
I was thrilled to find a portable full-sized basketball system that I could afford. We live on a "city-sized" lot with a small paved patio, but my 3rd grade grandson wanted to practice shooting to a full-sized (and full height) hoop. Even though there are no words in the instructions, this 61+ grandma was able to assemble it herself (of course I am used to IKEA's directions!). Since I knew I wanted it full height, I assembled it to the top adjustment ON THE GROUND and did not raise the pole or attach the brackets that go between the pole and the base until I was finished. It was tricky raising the pole alone when finished with the other stuff (probably should have had two adults then) but sliding it to the grass first so it wouldn't roll too easily when trying to raise the pole was the answer. I then attached the brackets from the base to the pole (they were already attached loosely to the base). NOTE: Each hardware package contained 1 extra washer. Don't worry if you have leftovers.
on January 18, 2012
Purchased this as a backyard practice goal for 5-10 year olds. It is great for that purpose, but might not be quite sturdy enough for older players. Cannot beat the price.
on July 24, 2013
My son is 7 yrs old, Were hoping that he will like basketball. It's a great size that will grow with him as he gets older. Paid $120, free shipping. Good value for the price. My husband put it together by himself. he filled it with water instead of sand.
on September 6, 2013
Shipping was fast. If you want a good basic hoop this is OK. It might be worth spending more money and getting a better one. The way this one is adjustd for height is not that good. It is working well for us because my grandchildren are young and we have left it on the lowest setting.
on February 23, 2012
Received this yesterday. I bought it for my 9 year old triplets. Took about 90 minutes to assemble by myself, pretty easy overall. Instructions were decent and easy to follow. All of the parts fit perfectly and assembly was very logical. This system seems to be exactly what I would expect for the price and should gives years of fun for my kids.
on January 17, 2012
Very good quality set, and the price is a steal (I paid about $100). I can not imagine why anyone would want to pay twice or more for a portable system. I bought this for my kids. It is perfect for younger ages (8 and 12) as it can be set at lower heights, but it works well for teens too (good range of heights). Assembly can be a little difficult - if you are not good at building or putting stuff together, you might need help. But once built, the board and hoop are "solid".
on July 11, 2016
I got this basketball system for my fiancé for his Father's Day present and he loves it.
I put it together myself and it took me about an hour. The only issue I had while putting it together was with one of the screws on the backboard. I may have tightened the bolts too much and since the backboard is made of a hard plastic the screw actually went completely through it. I adjusted the bolts and got it to stay and so far we've had no issues.
One other thing is, I don't think the system is that easy to move. I filled the base with just water no sand and once the water was in it and it was standing up, I could not, for the life of me, pull this unit down to roll it into our driveway. Granted, I only weigh 115 pounds and I'm 5 foot three, so I'm sure a man would probably be able to move this unit the proper way but I could not. At the same time, this made me feel little bit better about not using sand in the base, as I don't think that this unit would ever blow down during a windstorm or anything like that!!
on April 20, 2012
The board is just plastic. However, it seems to be good enough to resist continuous hits by the ball. The assembly of the whole system was quiet easy, you just need to follow the instructions, which are not perfect but work. With this I mean that it should include some minor details that you need to make it even easier to assembly.
In some steps you will need somebody to help you, it's not a labour for one person in the final steps.

Once up with the sand, it's sturdy, with adjustable height.