Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2017
Need to read thru and follow instructions thoroughly. I have issues to get the top tube to come out of the middle tube, so I used the bottom tube to push the top tube out. This was a big mistake since the bottom tube is to be slam fit into the middle tube later. I had to spend an hour and multiple tools to get the tube to separate. I finally got the pole assemble correctly and will cover the scrapes with pain and tape to hide the bare metal. The assembly went easy after that pole mess being fixed.

~* When looking to buy a product I always read several reviews first, so while reviewing I try to leave as much honest information as possible to aid others in the buying process. The statements here are based on my opinion and my personal experience only. I rank each product with 1-5-star rating, below you will find what I personally feel each star represents when I am reviewing a product.
1 star = Hate the product- will return
2 star = Strongly Dislike the product- will never purchase again
3 star = Indifferent- Neither like or dislike the product
4 star = Like product
5 star = LOVE the product.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. If you found it helpful, please let me know by selecting "yes" below.
on January 25, 2015
Similar to another customer, the 15 3/4" metal rod that holds the pole, wheels and base together was missing. It's a critical component, so make sure it's there before beginning assembly. Lifetime is sending a new part asap, so really appreciate the quick service. Will upgrade the stars to reflect the product as soon as I can assemble it.

Update: Got the part and everything assembled easily (and did it fine by myself). That said, note that this model has the basket right against the pole, not in front, which means balls coming through the net are easily hitting the base, sending the ball ricocheting off in random directions. With this in mind, I would prefer a model where the baseboard is out in front of the pole.

Also, with this model, there is no easy way to level the hoop. Since our ground isn't perfectly flat (street slopes down to the curb) the backboard and rim are currently angled back by about 15 degrees, which is significant.
on October 7, 2014
Flimsy and not strong. Connector screws are poor quality and base is not stable at all.
My hoop wobbles a bit. Not impressed but have to live with it as I assembled it later than a month.
on June 27, 2011
I ordered this item for my grandson and he has enjoyed it so much. I was pleased to receive this item and found that it could be assembled very easily and was very sturdy. I recommend this for anyone with children 6 years of age or more.
on July 4, 2016
The Lifetime 90040 basketball hoop is a great value. We bought as a starter hoop for our 8 year old. We set the height to 8 foot when he is playing and adjust it to 10 feet when the adults are shooting around. The hoop is easy for an average sized man to adjust by themselves. Smaller people may need a partner to lower and adjust... Or you could empty the water from the base and refill after adjusting. We adjust several times a week which I think is far more often than what the hoop has been designed for. I anticipate the hoop only last a few years, but this is still a good value so long as you know what you are getting.
on February 17, 2016
2 person 2 hr job to put together. Instructions a little difficult to understand and I consider myself fairly handy and able to read and understand instructions. Online videos could have been more exact in what you needed to do. Otherwise great product and has held up well for the 2 months I've had and used it.
UPDATE: 4/2017: Still going strong 1+years later. Has held up to the weather. Product is outside 24/7. Still looks good. Would definitely buy again.
on July 24, 2013
My son is 7 yrs old, Were hoping that he will like basketball. It's a great size that will grow with him as he gets older. Paid $120, free shipping. Good value for the price. My husband put it together by himself. he filled it with water instead of sand.
on March 14, 2014
We received our shipment on time and in good condition. The directions were not the best but my husband and grand daughter were able to assemble in a couple of hours. This Portable Basketball System is well made and we have enjoyed playing quite a few hours now. We chose to fill the base with water and antifreeze instead of using sand. I would highly recommend this product.
on February 20, 2017
Nice basketball hoop, good quality and the looks are nice too! The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the plug for the gel that goes on the base popped off a few rainy windy days. Unfortunate it blew away down the street somewhere! Now we can't take the hoop down when it's windy without the gel spilling out and I can't find a replacement plug anywhere online or a contact number for this company to ask how I can get one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2016
Mine showed up with a bent pole end and the base plate had a small crack. Too much of a pain to return, so I reshape the pole end and purchased some sealant goo from a local sporting goods store. My son likes the goal very much at the low height. Assembly was about 30 minutes by myself. The product seems like good value and the damage may have happened in transit. Note that the package look like it hadn't been opened previously. I hope to get get three years out of the unit.