Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2015
I only buy this brand and style. I learned the hard way when I went to the .99 cent store and bought some "tape" well I am not sure what the content was but as I was taping my box, I noticed the tape could not and would not adhere at all. It felt more like a very thin piece of something....I am not sure what but it was not working at all. So out of sheer annoyance I bought this Scotch tape and have been using this brand ever since. I even tried another competitor but I came right back to my Scotch. I am a loyal user and will continue to be because it holds, and works beautifully with shipping small or large items in the mail.
on May 12, 2017
Handy tape for packages but hard to get the roll moving. Maybe it is just me but I had a hard time getting it to roll accross the box to apply the tape. Will not buy this type of roll again and will go back to my seperate dispenser and rolls once I use this up.
2 helpful votes
on December 15, 2014
A great scotch packaging tape, I love that it unwinds smoothly; resisting splitting and tearing as other scotch tapes may do when handling large packages. I like that it has a strong backing dispenser, and does not allow the tape to fall back on the roll, yet actually stays firmly on the seam holder for the tape dispenser.

This tape is ideal for packaging; overstuff large parcels, and cartons. I was pleased to see that it meets US Postal Service regulations for standard packages, since I have seen many people’s packages denied at the post office due to ineffective scotch tape on packages/parcels. I love the fact that it is made in the USA. I purchased this product through the Add-On Item Program. I would recommend this to others, as well as Amazon Customers. The Seller has described this product accurately. Delivery and packaging of this product was secure, neat and timely.
on October 25, 2017
This is a small roll & a dispenser that won't take the large rolls of tape. From the photo I thought it was the large roll with the larger dispenser. I had used up the large roll of tape I had and there was no way to realize how large (or small) this roll of tape actually is. I advise that 3M list the size of the core so as to have something for size reference. Just having the 22.2 yards in description doesn't cut it.
0Comment|Report abuse
Tape is tape but this is really good tape. I use this all the time for a variety of purposes. I have a bit of a neat freak residing in me and strangely I get great satisfaction out of the fact that this easily goes on a box straight and smooth and is not noticeable. I like that. I also use this tape frequently to put labels on top of plastic storage bins so I know what is inside. I will print out a fun label on a sheet of copy paper (large and easy to see). I will then put the paper in a page protector and tape it to the top of the box with this tape keeping it clean and attractive. If you use this tip don't forget to leave the side of your page protector that is open untaped so that you can swap out the label if needed.
on August 21, 2013
You sometimes need to spend a little bit more for quality such as this and you will not go wrong. I do a lot of packaging and this helps a great deal. It comes with a dispenser but Sometimes the built in cutter does not cut quite as well as you would expect. If you pull the tape just a little askew it will not cut and that is when scissors are a great help. I realize that the dispenser is plastic and when you pull the tape it sometimes twists the plastic dispenser and that is probably the problem so you have to practice getting the tape to come out as straight as possible in order to get the cutter to cut. I appreciate the strength of the tape and its ability to keep boxes closed or sealed without accidentally breaking open or stripping off as some cheaper tapes would. Most of the cheaper tape tended to twist and be so light it would float away when you are trying to use it and it sticks to something you do not want it to stick to (like to itself) and you wind up wasting a lot of tape. Sometimes the cheap tape will cost more in the long run.
on September 27, 2013
This is great tape for when you're moving and need to tape up your boxes well. Taping your boxes is very important when shipping them due to various reasons. I had a girlfriend who worked at Jostens and they always have UPS people saying the packages got lost (in the same location every time). UPS is aware of what kind of things Jostens ships, and that their value is sometimes $2,000 or more. UPS has agreements with merchants like Jostens to cover them for a certain amount of money, in this case it's less than the value of the items. You definitely don't want a chance that they will snoop around in your stuff and maybe even steal things. Also, the tape help provides sturdiness for the boxes when you tape them along the edges... this helps prevent the boxes from tearing.

The tape stuck to boxes very well and was fairly easy to remove from the... red thing.. whatever it's called.
VINE VOICEon January 10, 2016
This is the best shipping tape around and the little dispenser is very handy. I'm shipping stuff on a weekly basis and I've tried using those big industrial-type dispensers and I find them awkward and they get in the way when not in use. These little ones can just sit on my desk and they are very handy. The tape is the best shipping tape made, no question. Here's the deal though: I put this stuff in my shopping cart and they watch the price fluctuate and when it gets cheap, I buy several. I paid $1.99/each for the last batch.
on May 22, 2017
I never want to buy another brand of packaging tape. Scotch's Heave Duty has proven itself over and over when it comes to me using it either for packing boxes or using on desks to protect labels or as a "laminate" for a 3x5 index card.
2 helpful votes
on November 3, 2017
It's packing tape. It's good packing tape, does what it claims, maybe better than lesser tape. But that's about all you can say. LOL
The dispenser is nice. This is the tape I've been buying and using for decades and will continue to.
Buying it here is convenient and the price is excellent, so can say that.
I recommend.