Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 452 reviews
on October 4, 2013
Some of the hardest laughs I've had in quite awhile. I was laughing so hard I missed some of the jokes. I also was forbid from watching this while The Wife sleeps as I kept waking her up with my giggling. This show hits my sweet spot between FFL and marriage/relationships. I'm also a big fan of Pete Holmes podcast and just about all comedians running through this show have been on the podcast. In particular, Jason Mantzoukas was hilarious in Season 2.

My only slight beef is this is kind of pricey for what you get. Like many people, I love to gang watch shows. Typically it's the quality dramas (Mad Men, The Wire, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, etc.)...with those it's 42 or 55 or more minutes an episode. Here we're talking about 21-22 min an episode. I basically watched this entire season in part of a day. I guess this is nit picking. I'll definitely watch this again. Perhaps it's just different with comedies.
on July 11, 2013
The League never disappoints. It's always funny, always borderline insane, but never dull. The characters are all guys that we've known before (except for maybe Taco) and at some point, secretly wished we were. Between the endless jokes about Kevin and Pete, Dr. Andre No- (you can finish the rest) and Taco's hilarious parodies you always feel like you're in the league. Season 2 has some of the best episodes and the Blu-Ray transfer is great. Tons of extras, deleted scenes and full versions of Taco's songs make this a no-brainer for any fan of the show or someone looking to get into a hilarious comedy.
on November 18, 2012
I have been a fan of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia for a long time, so I saw the ads for this show quiet a bit. I am not into football at all, so I usually ignored the show and went to bed. But I liked Jon Lajoie's comedy, so decided to watch it one night. I bought season 1 and loved it. So I HAD to buy season 2. I watched the entire 2 disk set it one sitting. It is very rare for me to laugh alone. But I was howling the whole way through.

The characters are all horrible, self centered people. Then there's Taco, the 30-something "self-employed," pot-smoking friend who never knows whats going on. On the rare occasions when the show gets dry, they shove Taco it the scene for completely not-related hilarity. In one episode, he showed up at a children's playground with a 6 foot long spear and showed it off to his friends by swinging it around. In another [SPOILER ALERT], Taco took a toilet seat from a dumpster and got addicted to sitting on it, realizing the seat was made of cocaine.

All the characters bring something unique to the show. They each insult each other in their own way, but still hang out all the time. The dialog makes the show. It is all very natural sounding, like they improvise the script. I would give It's Always Sunny 5 out of 5 stars, but The League is even better. It's one of the best, most consistently funny shows I've seen.
on November 5, 2011
The League is seriously one of the funniest shows I've seen on television - it's definitely a must-watch for anyone who plays fantasy football. My husband and I watch this together every week. Season 2 does not disappoint - while the extras aren't anything special, it's great to be able to watch several episodes back to back to get the full effect of Taco, Ruxin (aka Ruspin), Kevin/Jenny, Pete, and Andre.

The season kicks off with hilarity at the Vegas Draft, and has fantastic cameos from players like Ochocinco.

Highly recommended.
on January 8, 2015
I've never been much of a fan of TV comedies, but as a passionate fantasy football enthusiast, I decided to give The League a chance, and I am exquisitely glad that I did, as it is a consistently and utterly hilarious, creative, and well-written show. The actors all have believable, engaging chemistry with one another and impeccable comedic timing. This is clever, raunchy male humor at its finest. I've been an ardent fan of the show since the very first episode and Season 2 is the best yet. I absolutely love The League and highly recommend it.
on July 11, 2016
Great show! Super funny. If you're into comedy & football - this show is a no brainer.
on December 18, 2013
This rating is more about the show rather then the quality/service of order.

I catch myself laughing out loud to this sitcom often as it is well written, edgey, and has great characters.

Can't wait for next season to arrive.
on December 24, 2012
I just discovered this show recently and love it! it is so funny and over the top! You don't have to be a football fan to enjoy it. The things the friends do and say to each other are so hilarious! There are some fall off the couch laughing episodes
on February 20, 2015
Football fans, fantasy football fans, fans of life in this age.... This is one funny show. I dont even play fantasy football and doesn't matter a bit. Perfect balance in characters for the raunchy comedy and despite Rafi being the biggest piece of scum on the planet, the show makes sure you dont hate his character popping in and out of episodes. You kinda wait for it. Ahhh The League... Hope it goes on for 10+ seasons
on November 2, 2011
Funniest show on TV right now, HANDS DOWN.!!! If I could I would give it 6 stars.!! Hilarious character interaction, smart and witty humor. Can be raunchy though, that's what I love about it. These guys rip each other at every opportunity..as good friends should!

Their Fantasy Football Competetive spirit knows no bounaries as they will stoop to any level to, 'one-up' each other(like "trade-raping" ea. other)on their way to the Shiva-Bowl(Their Fantasy-League Superbowl)!

Excellent guest stars from the NFL throughout the series, like Chad "Child-Please" Ochocinco, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Terry Bradshaw, among others. If ur into NFL Football at all, you've got to get this show on DVD..! Best new show in a lonnng time!