Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on December 10, 2013
Item received poorly packed - with a broken, cracked tilt-handle collet on the head assembly (cast plastic) with a piece missing. No sign of shards in the plastic bag so I can only assume it came from the factory in this condition. The legs and center column were well built, but the head needs to be made from aluminum or some other material. Needless to say, Vivitar used to make a superior tripod for the money. I've used one for over 35 years, travelled world wide with it - and never any problems. The only reason I no longer use it was that it was stolen from my vehicle. It still had plenty of life left in it. I used it without having had a single problem with it during its tenure of service, even though it was looking pretty well used. I would not recommend this item to others. If they would go back to a metal head, I would rate it 5 stars.

Needless to say, returned for a refund and I have gone elsewhere for an all metal tripod.
on September 24, 2013
I have 2 other tall tripods I bought for about the same price that are both semi-broken.

I shoot a lot of shows and these tripods have worked beautifully every time. Tall, strong, sturdy. They go up and down with ease. And as they are black, they don't look like ass.

I will most likely be buying 2 more of these.
on March 30, 2013
This is simply the best deal on tripods on the net. Period. When you get this thing set it up, put a cam on it and wonder like I did how did they put this much quality into a less than a hundred dollar tripod. Note: Get a mini fluid head to replace the decent one on there and you are pro. Legs also spred very wide with absolutely no chance of tipping in a crowded area. Also love black.
on May 15, 2012
Thank you, Amazon, for a great price on a broken item. Clearly the box had been opened before and was torn. Why did I not return it? It was only the plastic knob at the end of the leg, and it seems to have no use, which I was able to repair with Gorilla Glue and tape. I did wonder why this Amazon item was a 'one off' and at a lower price than others on the list.

It says Heavy Duty, but is mostly heavy, and the plastic knobs feel you could strip them accidentally as you turn and turn. The legs extend and collapse easily. The elevator crank feels a bit rickety, but I won't need to use it much. Also there is a 1.4x20 Additional Thread Mount at the bottom of the leg braces. It is a bit short to be used easily.

The carry bag is handy and this item will work for my needs.
on July 23, 2013
This tripod is far and away the best one I have ever owned. It is tall enough that, as a 6'2" man, I don't have to lower my head at all....let alone get on my knees.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question