Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Color: Black|Change

on December 2, 2011
I give this fountain a 3 star because there are things I like about it and things I do not. Although there are only a few other reviews, I found almost every one of them says that this is noisy. To me, I really do not think it is. I mean, my A/C is louder than it. Maybe I have just gotten used to it, I have had this water fountain for about 6 months now, have had no problems with it working. It is different from other cat fountains in that there is no "waterfall;" for this one you have like a little water mill that takes the water from the bottom of this dish, puts it in the top, and then the water comes out through the holes. My two cats (ages 4 and 2) were a little hesitant at first but then warmed up to it within a couple of days. Like another reviewer, I bought this product from Ross for about 14.99, which is around the current price it is selling for here on Amazon. I do like the fact that it circulates the water. Now for the cons. Yes, this is easy to take apart and clean, but I have noticed that, even with washing it (by hand) there is a residue that is still left. It mostly shows up on the top black part of the dish. This disappointed me. The only time I do notice it becoming louder is when it does run low on water. To avoid this, I just put water in it every morning. So an overall pretty okay product, especially for the price. You can spend more money and get a better fountain but, if you want to stay in a lower price range, try this one out.
on July 11, 2014
PET OWNERS BEWARE... What all of the pet fountain companies fail to mention are the dangers that using plastic bowls pose. I have two 13 year old Maine Coons that have never had a health issue. Both are indoor cats and share the same water fountain. The first time it happened a few years ago when one of the cats had a pimple like sore on her chin. With a ton of patience and gentle coaxing she finally let me see what was on her chin. It was a waxy-like substance and it was gone after a few days. I searched the internet trying to find out what could have caused this, but had no luck I finally decided that it must be something random, no big deal. Fast forward...I purchased this exact fountain and both of my cats were drinking from it. All of the sudden the entire top "lip" of my second cat was swollen so badly I thought that she had something in her mouth. It was so terrible to watch her be in so much pain and not be able to do a thing about it. I immediately scoured the internet again, this time having success. I found SEVERAL articles from blogs to veterinarian's websites that said plastic bowl are dangerous for your pet. Not only can it cause mouth sores, but according to the National Institute of Health and other major environmental groups, the chemicals used to make plastic bowls and bottles "can" get into its contents, especially if the container is scratched or put in the microwave. And those chemicals contain toxins that can cause cancer, impaired immune function, hyperactivity, and other health problems. I kept their bowl clean and still severely hurt my cat. See attached video, I took the pictures while she was sleeping. This is after it has healed for over a month. It was 10 times worse than the pictures attached.
55 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2012
This is actually the first review I've ever written, after 10 years on Amazon.
I have always been interested in getting a fountain being that we have 5 cats. I know they don't drink enough water on their own (very important to feed your cat wet food for this reason). One of the cats was just diagnosed with renal disease and I knew it was important for him to be getting enough water. I purchased this on clearance at a local retail store and it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. All 5 of the cats quickly took to using it. 2 of them especially love it, and will sit in front of it just to watch it when they're done leisurely drinking. They have all been drinking more water and the one with renal disease enjoys it the most.
It's been going strong for about 6 months now, which surprised me. Maybe I got lucky but I do take care of it. I clean it out really well with rubbing alcohol diluted with water. I also change the filter once a week since we have so many cats.
Having to clean the fountain out a few times a week, as well as changing the filter weekly is well worth the health benefits it brings for my cats. I also add fresh water as needed.
on September 26, 2011
I was excited and somewhat suspicious that I found a fountain for my cat for $15 @ Ross one day. Excited about the price, suspicious about the price. I followed the instructions as told, and everything went perfectly fine. It is as the other reviewers said very noisy, however. So much that if you don't want to settle on a white noise machine to help you sleep, you can get one of these. It personally didn't bother me, but if have it in the same room such as a tv, radio, etc, it could be cumbersome. I gave this product 1 star because the motor died on me approximately three weeks after purchase. Now I wasn't expecting this product to last forever-- a year is what I estimated it's maximum would be, especially for the price I bought it at. I just woke up one morning and realized it wasn't making any noise. I followed the manual and took the motor apart to see if there was anything suspicious or any debris was caught, but nothing. After doing this a few times and trying different outlet, I gave up. Very disappointed, too bad I never kept my receipt-- lesson learned :/
on February 12, 2016
I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I wish I had. This fountain is functional but it's not great. First, they don't tell you to put this tiny little part into the base so that it can funnel the water. I discovered that on my own. The black piece doesn't just automatically align to the base. You have to play around with it. I don't think the filter does much good because of the loose fit and design. It's a pain to pick up and clean because of the two levels. You have to carry it as is to the sink with the cord in tow. If it's not pumping well when you start it the water overflows. I'm getting a lot of water spotting on my end cupboard from it but I suppose that's to be expected. I have one cat and can't keep it full enough most of the time.
on June 2, 2014
I love this one. Over time the pump gets a bit clogged even with the filters, so you have to dry it out for several days & then run hot water over it to get the film out. Then, it runs like new again. When I bought mine, they were $50. I love it so much I bought a spare in case it ever goes out b/c I can't find the exact pump for it. It's now less than $20 for the fountain.
on November 27, 2011
I have to agree it is noisy so I keep the water filled as high as I can and that seems to help. Water comes out of the top white hole and shoots up about an inch so the cats love to drink from this part the most. MOST of all in one month both of my cats skin had been very dry and had what looked like dandruff and now NO MORE dry flakes. I am sure because they are enjoying drinking more water because it's fresh.
on July 2, 2011
This product appears nicely constructed, however, the fountain pump is very loud. So much so, that I am requesting either a replacement pump (one hopefully quieter) or to return the product for a refund.
on April 9, 2014
I bought this for our cats at my husband's request - he likes the zen tranquility stuff.
My cats seemed to love it - they'd drink from it, or stare at it for hours... one cat liked to pull the spinny thing out of the top tray from time to time.
It is always making more noise than any other fountain I've had before and when its low on water the gurgling was able to be heard on the other side of the house.
it was easy to disassemble for cleaning, but it constantly got a rough filmy coating that I always had trouble cleaning off (could be from El Paso water, but I hadn't had the issue to that extent with any of the Wal-Mart fountains I have had).
It was annoying to fill - pick it up to fill from the sink and half the water will be sucked up once its plugged in and it will start making the loud gurgling sound of emptiness. best way to fill is from a water bottle.

My husband liked it, my cats liked it... I didn't - I bought this in November, but donated it to our animal shelter when we moved in March
on February 2, 2016
The fountain works well enough but needs to be cleaned on an almost weekly basis and makes a horrible noise when the water gets low, It does look nice however and the cats drink out of it enough to make the water low every day/every other day