Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on February 12, 2016
I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I wish I had. This fountain is functional but it's not great. First, they don't tell you to put this tiny little part into the base so that it can funnel the water. I discovered that on my own. The black piece doesn't just automatically align to the base. You have to play around with it. I don't think the filter does much good because of the loose fit and design. It's a pain to pick up and clean because of the two levels. You have to carry it as is to the sink with the cord in tow. If it's not pumping well when you start it the water overflows. I'm getting a lot of water spotting on my end cupboard from it but I suppose that's to be expected. I have one cat and can't keep it full enough most of the time.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my cat last year (yes, I'm one of those people...) and I was worried at first that he wouldn't like it. He was scared of it at first, didn't know what to do with it & didn't drink out of it for about a week. I placed an alternative bowl near the new water fountain so that he had some way of getting water until he grew confident enough to try the awesome new water fountain. The plan worked and he began using it. Since his first few licks of water, he's been addicted to this thing ever since. I use the word "addicted" because he drinks TONS more water than he did before & he even sleeps next to it...guarding it, I'm assuming. He thoroughly enjoys the little holes that seep out water, but most enjoys the little spinner thing on top. He'll swat at it, try to bite it, etc. It's great!
Now onto the product:
I carefully read all the instructions before use (which always solves the beginner's problems) and put it together easily, as well as figured out through experience that the motor only gets loud when the water level is too low. Adding more water (preferably all the way to the top of the white lower area) will quieten the motor and all you'll hear is the water spinning - a noise that I've grown used to. The filter does it's job, and since I only have one cat - I replace it every other month. The hard water that I use to refill the fountain has caused calcium buildup on the sides, but with thorough monthly cleanings, it's not that bad. Tip: the motor needs to be cleaned out every time you clean the fountain because the buildup of gunk and calcium from the water (as well as things that your cat may have conveniently dropped in the fountain) tends to filter into the motor itself and can cause it to spit out gunk when the fountain is turned on after cleaning. I've experienced this several times and never could figure out how that gunk was coming up, especially after I had just cleaned it - well, DUH! It was coming from inside the motor! I re-read the paper that came with the fountain an entire year later and figured out how to carefully take apart the motor & clean it.

All in all, I love this product and it has successfully lasted me and my cat an entire year without problem. I will definitely recommend it and buy another one from this brand as soon as I get tired of this one, or it conks out on me. :)
on June 2, 2014
I love this one. Over time the pump gets a bit clogged even with the filters, so you have to dry it out for several days & then run hot water over it to get the film out. Then, it runs like new again. When I bought mine, they were $50. I love it so much I bought a spare in case it ever goes out b/c I can't find the exact pump for it. It's now less than $20 for the fountain.
on May 2, 2017
beffer cord would be nice
on October 14, 2016
If you don't use filtered water you going to find yourself cleaning out scale build up every few weeks and replacing the filters a lot. If you don't do regular cleanings then the water pump will become sluggish and you may find water spilling over the edge of the bowl because you'll accidentally overfill it.
on December 27, 2016
Small enough to use in our motorhome for our kitties who refuse to drink water out of a bowl. They have to have moving water. This unit is stable, quiet and holds a good amount of water. Would have given it a 5 if it was completely quiet.
on January 7, 2017
Only one problem I have with this product is that the picture shows the black top and white bottom but I got the complete opposite. I mean it is not a big deal but when I bought it I looked at the aesthetics of it to match my room.
on February 14, 2016
Came in on time, and works great. Only had it for a month, but still works good and really encourages my cat to drink more often! I am constantly filling it up, which is good because my cat used to not drink enough water at all! Cute, works well, and encourages healthy hydration. Five stars!
on May 4, 2014
Honestly I got used to the noise, and you have to fill a glass of water every day (in my case, two cats, very hot wheather). But I would buy it again, as I feel my cats love it and drink a lot of water. Cats can be quite picky regarding their water source, but using this, they will always drink. The filter is also nice. I would only recommend to place it a bit apart from their food source, my cats constantly drop food in it and I have to clean it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2017
Second one of these I bought and the motors have broken on both. Works well for about a week and then the motor begins to make an annoyingly LOUD sound. I went with the catit flower fountain instead.