Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on November 18, 2011
I have 3 dogs ranging in size and age: 8 year old Husky Medium/Large, >1 year old SharLab midsize, and a Rot/Pit/Shepard/Lab 4 years old thats a beast (huge)!

Anyway, these 3 dogs are now on the Merrick Whole Earth foods and loving it! Prior to this food I have tried everything, including prescription food which was dog dependent so it got REALLY exspensive fast. Merrick food is very reasonably priced and the ingridients were well chosen (designed well for overall health).

The husky: Very VERY picky eater. She refuses almost anything you put in front of her, many times she would skip 3 or 4 meals just because it did not appeal to her. She does not eat this food with gusto (as her favorite meal is salmon and cornbread stolen from a plate) but she does eat this food with little hesitation and she seems to be doing well (unfortunately we need to put her on senior diet as shes pudging up a bit)

The SharLab: Shes a new adition so her dietary habbits are that of a puppy, eat everything and anything. However recent vet visits have found her in tip-top health.

The Rot/Pit/Shepard/Lab: This poor dog... lets just say anything that could have gone wrong to him did before he was adopted. He has extreme allergic reactions (hair loss, skin rashes, skin breaks and drying), digestive issues (gas, vomits mostly), behavioral issues linked to inncident before being adopted :[ (anger management, compulsive doggy disorder, extreme doggy depression when his humans arent around) and then some... anyway from this laundry list of defects it seems that his diet controlled many of the "flare ups" that he had. Lets say I've tried him on at least 10 foods, merrick has been the best so far. Since this food his gas has reduced, he no longer is having allergic puff ups or hair loss, he is maintaining a healthy weight, he no longer vomits everywhere, urinary infections have ceased to exist, his energy level has normalized he no longer runs around like he is on caffeine nor does he mope around. He seems to be doing really well with this food.

Food is the owners choice, this one works for all three dogs and has helped my problem dog immensley! If you are going to try it buy the smaller bag first and see how your pooch responds to it (remember to transition slowly to any new food!) I like this food and will stick with it!
on May 2, 2013
We have two dogs and our one who is a 75lb 13yr old boxer is very happy with this food, along with our 45lb 10yr old boxer. I was worried when I got this food to try that it would have little pieces in it that are sort of like soft food that you find in kibble & bites food because my dogs like to pick that out first before they eat the hard dog food. So I was very pleased it was all just hard dog food no extra flavored pieces in it.

Now my dogs before were eating Pedigree for adults. They like this food so when I decided to switch to this it was because I want to help with their bad breath and the coats. Our 13yr had horrible bad breath like words just can not describe how bad. So after being on this food for 2 1/2 weeks I can tell a huge difference in his breath. So I will definitively stick with this food.

When I was looking for new dog food to try I was comparing many other brands and for example the one that was closest in comparison was Blue Buffalo. I compared the ingredients of Blue Buffalo Adult and Merrick Whole Earth Farm Adult Dry Dog Food which Merrick actually had better major ingredients over Blue Buffalo and as a bonus Merrick had 35.5lb for $42.98 food compared to the 33lb that is $51.00 at Petsmart so no matter what the price is on Amazon I would still get Merrick because the product is better for my dogs and the price is better that Blue Buffalo (Which I was surprised to find considering all the adds I see about Blue Buffalo)

So I would highly recommend this dog food to anyone. P.S the food still lasts my dogs about 3 to 4 weeks which was about the same amount of time as the Pedigree I was getting. So all and all I was paying just a little on the food but it still lasts me about the same time as the dog food prior to Merrick
on December 4, 2014
My Chocolate Lab loves this food. This is probably one of the most "reasonably priced" premium dog foods currently on the market. Because this food doesn't contain any fillers, I only have to feed my 80-pound Lab three cups per day versus the six-plus cups she would need to eat with a non-premium food -- so, I am actually paying less per feeding with this food.
In addition, this food doesn't contain corn, which usually compounds the "crazy puppy phase," a very common trait in Labs until they are about four-years-old -- something I'm very familiar with as this is my third Lab. The "crazy puppy phase" has not been part of my dog's behavior since shortly after she began eating this food at about nine-months-old.
on November 20, 2012
Our year-old-ish (she was a rescue) lab-plotthound mix is a HUGE fan of this stuff. We like it too; it's good for her and easier on the wallet than some other brands. Our vet recommended finding a corn-free dog food to help manage her energy level, as corn in dog food is a lot like sugar for children. It actually has helped quite a bit; she's not as intensely rowdy as she used to be. I can't attribute it solely to the dog food; she's also grown a bit and has mastered a lot of new obedience work, but she's generally pretty happy.

Biggest plusses: This smells a lot better on both ends than some of her previous food, and it isn't as oily/greasy as some others (Beneful, for example, which we once used). Anyway, it gets rave reviews from Oakley, and we think you should at least give it a try.
on April 18, 2013
My German Shepherd, having just barely passed being two and a half years old, had been a bit late on transitioning to adult dog food (I guess I wanted her to stay a puppy forever). I noticed over a three month period (with her old food) that she was becoming increasingly gassy and having loose stools. I did some googling and discovered that she was considered an adult and needed adult formulated food! I switched her to this Merrick food and she absolutely LOVED it. She literally begged for more! (she sometimes carries her bowl out of the kitchen to my desk when she wants some more, insanely adorable) I highly recommend this food to anyone with an adult dog. When I adopted her she was unbelievably underweight and malnourished and, scarcely two weeks on this new food, she finally filled out to her optimal weight and is full of energy! Again, I highly recommend this food to anyone with an adult dog, your dog will have more energy, a shinier coat and be ever the more thankful to you for feeding them this new food.
on November 4, 2016
I really wanted to like Merrick because of their great customer service.
The food is a high quality product, yet has too much protein and too
many different kinds of meat for our dogs. If they had a limited diet
available, it would be good for us. With sensitive skin and tummies,
we have found that a lamb based dog food is best.
on August 24, 2012
My dog has had so many different skin problems throughout her life. Since she started eating this food, I swear they disappeared! No more flaky, red, itchy skin. She loves the food and it's good for my other dog too :-) Win Win!
on June 7, 2013
We have been very happy with the Merrick family of foods. Our dogs have loved every flavor of their food. It's great to find one that doesn't have all the junk in it while still making it a flavor they get excited to eat.
on April 23, 2013
Nothing obviously wrong with the quality of this product other than our dog only reluctantly ate it and, over the the course of a month, finally started vomiting soon after feeding. We switched to another high-end dry dog food and everyone is happy. While my experience is obviously a single data point, I can't recommend a dog food that made our dog sick.
on August 31, 2012
Trouble doesn't like this dog food - will have to donate this to the humane society and go back to his salmon based food.