Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 2, 2013
We have two dogs and our one who is a 75lb 13yr old boxer is very happy with this food, along with our 45lb 10yr old boxer. I was worried when I got this food to try that it would have little pieces in it that are sort of like soft food that you find in kibble & bites food because my dogs like to pick that out first before they eat the hard dog food. So I was very pleased it was all just hard dog food no extra flavored pieces in it.

Now my dogs before were eating Pedigree for adults. They like this food so when I decided to switch to this it was because I want to help with their bad breath and the coats. Our 13yr had horrible bad breath like words just can not describe how bad. So after being on this food for 2 1/2 weeks I can tell a huge difference in his breath. So I will definitively stick with this food.

When I was looking for new dog food to try I was comparing many other brands and for example the one that was closest in comparison was Blue Buffalo. I compared the ingredients of Blue Buffalo Adult and Merrick Whole Earth Farm Adult Dry Dog Food which Merrick actually had better major ingredients over Blue Buffalo and as a bonus Merrick had 35.5lb for $42.98 food compared to the 33lb that is $51.00 at Petsmart so no matter what the price is on Amazon I would still get Merrick because the product is better for my dogs and the price is better that Blue Buffalo (Which I was surprised to find considering all the adds I see about Blue Buffalo)

So I would highly recommend this dog food to anyone. P.S the food still lasts my dogs about 3 to 4 weeks which was about the same amount of time as the Pedigree I was getting. So all and all I was paying just a little on the food but it still lasts me about the same time as the dog food prior to Merrick
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on December 4, 2014
My Chocolate Lab loves this food. This is probably one of the most "reasonably priced" premium dog foods currently on the market. Because this food doesn't contain any fillers, I only have to feed my 80-pound Lab three cups per day versus the six-plus cups she would need to eat with a non-premium food -- so, I am actually paying less per feeding with this food.
In addition, this food doesn't contain corn, which usually compounds the "crazy puppy phase," a very common trait in Labs until they are about four-years-old -- something I'm very familiar with as this is my third Lab. The "crazy puppy phase" has not been part of my dog's behavior since shortly after she began eating this food at about nine-months-old.
on November 20, 2012
Our year-old-ish (she was a rescue) lab-plotthound mix is a HUGE fan of this stuff. We like it too; it's good for her and easier on the wallet than some other brands. Our vet recommended finding a corn-free dog food to help manage her energy level, as corn in dog food is a lot like sugar for children. It actually has helped quite a bit; she's not as intensely rowdy as she used to be. I can't attribute it solely to the dog food; she's also grown a bit and has mastered a lot of new obedience work, but she's generally pretty happy.

Biggest plusses: This smells a lot better on both ends than some of her previous food, and it isn't as oily/greasy as some others (Beneful, for example, which we once used). Anyway, it gets rave reviews from Oakley, and we think you should at least give it a try.
3 helpful votes
on November 4, 2016
I really wanted to like Merrick because of their great customer service.
The food is a high quality product, yet has too much protein and too
many different kinds of meat for our dogs. If they had a limited diet
available, it would be good for us. With sensitive skin and tummies,
we have found that a lamb based dog food is best.
on April 18, 2013
My German Shepherd, having just barely passed being two and a half years old, had been a bit late on transitioning to adult dog food (I guess I wanted her to stay a puppy forever). I noticed over a three month period (with her old food) that she was becoming increasingly gassy and having loose stools. I did some googling and discovered that she was considered an adult and needed adult formulated food! I switched her to this Merrick food and she absolutely LOVED it. She literally begged for more! (she sometimes carries her bowl out of the kitchen to my desk when she wants some more, insanely adorable) I highly recommend this food to anyone with an adult dog. When I adopted her she was unbelievably underweight and malnourished and, scarcely two weeks on this new food, she finally filled out to her optimal weight and is full of energy! Again, I highly recommend this food to anyone with an adult dog, your dog will have more energy, a shinier coat and be ever the more thankful to you for feeding them this new food.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on May 22, 2013
We have tried soooo many brands from the stores, and our dog would stink, very bad, with weekly baths, the next day (sometimes not even that long) the smell was right back. I did so much research, tried so many different shampoos, so, after pricing all of the natural dog food bags on amazon, i went with this one. It did not take 2 weeks to a month to see any difference, it was a matter of a couple of days, and our little Gus smelled SO much better. He loves this food also, which is a huge plus. Yes, this food is much higher then the big name brands, but I would pay the extra any day rather then have that smell from our dog stinking my house up!!! So, thank you Merrick.
on August 24, 2012
My dog has had so many different skin problems throughout her life. Since she started eating this food, I swear they disappeared! No more flaky, red, itchy skin. She loves the food and it's good for my other dog too :-) Win Win!
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on June 7, 2013
We have been very happy with the Merrick family of foods. Our dogs have loved every flavor of their food. It's great to find one that doesn't have all the junk in it while still making it a flavor they get excited to eat.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on April 7, 2013
I switched to this Merrick brand of food after the whole Chicken Soup dog food problem. They both seem fairly comparable in ingredients and quality (not top of the line, but no crappy fillers) What a difference! My dogs poops are now smaller and solid, and she seems to like it. Though she is a lab-mix, she's never been the type of dog to inhale her food once you put it down. She was a little gassy when we first did the slow switch over, but has gotten over that. The only problem, is that I can only find it online!
on February 26, 2013
Was looking for healthy food without grains or with just rice for the dogs because my older dog has trouble digesting the corn and wheat based food. The dogs loved it, but my older dog still had deadly gas. Need something that won't make him pass it so much!