Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on January 31, 2009
Before you spend hundreds of dollars on other Spanish learning programs, give this one a try. I've tried demos of the more expensive programs, and considering their prices, they did not impress me. Learn to Speak Spanish Deluxe offers similar content as the other more expensive programs, but at a fraction of the cost. This is an excellent program that is easy to follow, shows your progress, rates your accent, has vocabulary drills, conversations, cultural movies, and two CD-ROMs you can listen to. The main program is on a DVD and installs easily on Vista. I highly recommend this program.
66 comments| 328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2009
I was all set to purchase "Visual Link Spanish - Level I" but the reviews talked me out of it. Another reviewer advised getting this software instead. I'm glad I listened.

I'm impressed with the speech analysis features of Learn to Speak Spanish Deluxe 10. It really helps you develop more accurate pronunciation. It allows you to record and playback your own voice. You can then compare your recorded version to the speaker in the software. I Love it.

I tried the Demo CD of Visual Link Spanish - Level I. Considering that the course is much more expensive, I expected much more. But was disappointed. It is almost as if Visual Link Spanish is geared toward a Grammer school Level, where "Learn to Speak Spanish Deluxe 10" seems geared toward adults.

Since "Visual Link Spanish - Level I" would have cost about 5 to 10 times more, I was dissapointed to find that most of the disks included are AUDIO cd's. Also the software does NOT have speech Analysis features! I find audio cd's MUCH more difficult to learn from. So, I don't think I would have used them.

But if you like Audio cd's this software includes 3. I have only been using learn to speech Spanish several days, but it appears to have MANY lessons from beginner to advanced. It even includes an english-to-spanish & spanish-to-english translater!

Not only do I recommend this software, I would buy it all over again! I think you will be pleased too. Heck, for the low price, you can buy a few different programs. Hey thats a good idea... I think I might just do that.

THANKS AMAZON!
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2010
First of all, I must say that there is a generous amount of learning Spanish materials included with this software. There are3 40 core lessons that are named after situations that learners of the Spanish language are likely to encounter. For example:

* Checking In
* in the hotel room
* making a long distance call
* at a restaurant
* asking for directions
* finding an address
* Introductions
* at a party
* making an appointment
* at the pharmacy
* at the doctor's office
* at the laundry
* at the gas station
* at the beauty parlor

All 40 of the lessons include the following sections: Vocabulary sections, Vocabulary exercises, Dialogs, Dialogs Exercises, Grammar, Grammar Exercises, and Interactive Conversation.

The software also features "workshops" where the student will have the chance to practice in five areas:
Grammar, Pronunciation, Vocabulary, Conversation, and Simulations

The software also has lots of games to help break the monotony of studying Spanish. I have not had a chance to play the games but they seem to consist of crossword puzzles and online games.

This software also includes a "progress" section so that you can measure how well you are learning how to speak Spanish. But one of my favorite sections of the software was the "tools" section which allowed me to customize my lessons. It even allowed me to set my "minimum achievement level" which I left at the default (70%). In this section, I was also able to select the lessons based on which was the most important to me to learn. Such as:

1. The Complete Program
2. Everyday Life
3. Business Spanish
4. Travel
5. Going Out
6. Shopping
7. Complete Customization

There was also a very detailed "help" section in the software. But I found the software so intuitive that I never had to use it.

My favorite section of the software was the "media section" that included short cultural videos and MP3 audio. The videos covered topics such as Mexican Traditions, Advise for Tourists, the National Museum and more. I highly recommend the Learn to Speak Spanish Deluxe for any beginner student of the language or for anyone who needs to learn basic Spanish for an upcoming trip to a Spanish speaking country. However, if you are an intermediate student, you will not find this software enough of a challenge.

The three things that I like most about this software is 1), its economic price 2), the enormous amount of learning Spanish material included for the price, and 3) the interactivity of the software.

Some other products that I recommend for Spanish language learners are Rosetta Stone Spanish. Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1,2,3,4 & 5 Set with Audio Companion is pretty good if you are a visual learner like me. My only complaints are that in Rosetta Stone Spanish the Spanish is rather basic and the course is excessively expensive.

In order to speak Spanish fluently, you must also learn lots of new words. For increasing Spanish vocabulary, I recommend Quick Study-Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards-1000 cards You get 1,000 of these cards at an excellent price.

To speak Spanish fluently besides having a stand alone course as your base and a method to learn new Spanish words, you will also need to master conjugating Spanish verbs. The best product for that is the
the Verbarrator Version 1.1 (Windows Version) software. The Verbarrator software does a great job of replacing the boring Spanish verb conjugation books and makes learning Spanish verbs enough fun that you will want to use the software every day. And the more you use the tool the quicker that you will learn how to conjugate Spanish verbs and reach fluency. The Verbarrator is probably the best investment that I have made in my journey to learn Spanish because it is a product that I will use daily until I reach fluency. Unlike some learning-Spanish products such as books that you will only read one time or some Spanish courses that you will at the most review 2 or 3 times from start to finish.

The last product that I recommend for anyone who is really serious about learning Spanish is The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice w/CD-ROM (UItimate Review & Reference Series). This Spanish grammar book covers every aspect of Spanish grammar imaginable. To get the equivalent learning-Spanish value of this one book you would have to buy 3 or 4 books in the Practice Makes Perfect series.
on May 5, 2009
I had been contemplating buying Rosetta Stone for some time. It seemed if I really wanted to learn a second language, that would be the way to go. But, then I read other reviews on this program. I ordered it, and I must say I have been very pleasantly surprised by the ease of use. The part that I like the most is that when you are learning words or phrases you can record your own voice, and the program lets you know how you are progressing with pronunciation by playing back the recordings. I suppose Rosetta Stone has that feature as well, but for a fraction of the cost of a Rosetta Stone program I am very pleased.
on April 24, 2012
Below is mny review of the online download. I had to change the rating though because of the customer service I recieved from Matthew I did appreciate the fact that I was offered a physical dvd to use and recieved it in 2 days time. I am just starting the use of it and am not completely sure how much use I can get out of this product since I can only hear what the person is saying there are no pictures as indicated. Also I feel as though the speaker goes a little fast especially when the females come on and and the words are put into example sentences.I'm not sure if I'm supposed to try and follow along--well obviously I cant but that being said what is the point of this in the exercise if I can't follow along or understand all of the words being said since they are not all included in the vocab practice?
Another thing that I felt would have yielded a better result and would have made learning easier for me is a book that or visual that allows me to see the words that I am saying and trying to learn.
For these reasons I cannot give a 5 star review but I can say that I think through continual use of this product I will be able to easily recognize SOME of these words from the vocabulary exercises.

I have a windows 7 laptop and this software will not open on it I purchased the instant download of the software and it does not open. I've tried multple times on various occasions to no avail. My money and time has been wasted with this software and on top of that there is no option to get help so I must stay with a faulty product I'm beyond pissed and will never download anything from this company or amazon again.
on February 11, 2011
This program has 3 problems:

1. CDs are of poor audio fidelity so that some of the native speakers' dialogues are difficult or impossible to understand. Since my new notebook w/external speakers work well with Internet audio sources, the problem must be with the CDs, not my computer or speakers.

2. Emphasis is on travelogue subjects, not general learning of the spanish language. For the latter one needs "Learning Spanish Like Crazy" (big vocabulary) or the Pimsleur series (slow with limited vocabulary).

3. CD ROMs can be used only on the computer, unlike audio CDs, which can be used anywhere, e.g., in the car.

If you are only interested in travel spanish and are not frustrated by the poor fidelity, then you might be satisfied with this product.
on June 23, 2009
Compare this to $100, $200 and $300 products that do the exact same thing. This is my second language I'm learning other than my native tounge so I know what I'm looking for.

This program uploaded smoothly onto my computer, took about 5-10 minutes and presto you can start. You also have the ability to have multiple users on one program which is nice for individual progress.

Program measures your progress, has voice recognition and enables you to choos what you would like to learn next. It is very comprehensive. Did I mention it is unbelievably affordable.

I give this product 2 thumbs up for its compatibility, ingenuis software and overall ease of use so anyone can figure it out.

It also comes with 3 CDs so you can listen to them in the car and practice that way.

I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to save a buck and learn the language, say good bye to Rosetta and those other expensive ripoffs.
on April 27, 2011
I live in California and travel to Mexico time to time, so I was looking to learn some Spanish. I checked some websites, looked at Rosetta, even went to a public library. Yes, this product does stand out. For this price you get 3 audio CDs - perfect to listen in a car or you can rip them to your player. The software has fairly standard dictionary (pretty much all beginners courses are trying to cover the same vocabulary). It's fairly intertaining and has voice recognition feature to help you improve pronounciation. I couldn't find anything comparable in this price range anywhere. So this is a great offer.

Any cons? Really, no big ones. On a smaller scale, the graphics and presentation is not as shiny and glamorous as in the expensive programs, but it's just cosmetic. The core content and logic are solid, no annoying bugs or inaccuracies. There is not much grammar or theory. Also, as far as I know, there are no intermediate or advance levels available. So once you're done with this cource, you'll need to start your search over.

Bottom line is - if you want to jump start your Spanish - this is a great one. You can get some practical skills and get a feel of the language. The value for the price is unbeatable.
on November 25, 2013
Not quite the quality of Rosetta Stone but a nice product and a lot cheaper. Where the 'Stone' uses photos to illustrate words/situations, this software uses 'cartoon' drawings......the selection of words seems to cover most things that one would need to converse about.

Installation was a bit of a problem, so make sure you use the link for QuickTimePlayer that is inculded in the installation window or you will have problems (like I did). There is something about directory installation that doesn't match the software if you try to download directly from QuickTime like I did, 3 times....

No instruction book, but it is pretty much WYSIWYG.

I'll reserve my final thoughts until I finish the course...at least this should help me understand some of the stuff on the two Latin satellite stations.....
on June 17, 2011
I have not had experience with other Spanish DVD software. I have seen that other software can be quite expensive. This software does exactly what I want it to do. That is, it gives exercises that refresh or start a very beginner, using everyday situations. It also has more advanced exercises. It has short movies, if that is what you are looking for,but they have very loud and annoying background music. It gives pictures of situations. The best thing it does is drill you by using a set of words and phrases relating to the subject at hand. The drill goes like this: it says the word or phrase, then a recording device starts, giving you a short period of time to say it like you heard it; that is, like a Spanish speaker. It has a gauge which moves toward "tourist" or "native", depending upon how well you said it. If you are too much like a "tourist", you fail that particular word or phrase, then it moves on to the next one. It records your success rate. If your success rate is not high enough (you set it, and can change it), then you fail the exercise. This is all shown to you in an overview if you hit "progress" on the menu. Back to the drill: after being drilled, you can go back to each individual word and try again, as many times as you like. You can also do the whole drill again.
There are other aspects to the exercises that reinforce the drill words and phrases, giving you a chance to use them again, this time without the written translation in front of you, so you have to remember what the Spanish words mean in order to give the correct answer.
You can keep going back to the exercises to increase your score, and to review.
This is a very straightforward program, not boring at all, well worth the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.