Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on December 16, 2014
I buy one of these every 3 years and I keep another one (new in the box) as an emergency back-up. Yes, three years - that's how long they last. I've purchased 5 over the last 6 years (we use two at a time - 1 red & 1 white). At first I was irritated by that 3 year lifespan but, If you divide the cost (roughly $200) by the 1,095 days it runs continuously without breaking down... that's just 19 cents per day. Frankly, many of the bottles it's preserving cost more than the machine itself. So, Why Not? It's wonderful being able to enjoy a fine bottle of wine over a week or two without worry of it going bad.
on June 23, 2014
Amazing product that servers a function and looks great on a bar. The light and the fact that the bottle is held up gives it a very modern look of a floating wine bottle. Everyone is very impressed with it when they see it. Those saying that it is to loud are wrong. I guess if you are in a library that also serves wine then maybe. However the fridge noise is not loud at all and cant be heard when there is light conversation or music playing. The only part that is loud is when you put a new bottle in because it needs to vacuum it. This lasts for about 10 seconds.

The only reason i take away one star is because the vacuum process is sometimes finicky. Even if you attach the bottle correctly sometimes the machine doesn't like it and has you redo it. I would say it only happens every 5 to 10 bottles and you only have to redo it once which takes about 5 seconds. It is sort of annoying though. The other thing I wasn't crazy about is the price but it seems like it will last a very long time.

Cleaning is very easy as well. All you have to do is fill an empty wine bottle with water and then run it through the spout and it cleans everything well. Not sure that everyone has figured that out but it is such an easy way to do it.

Overall if you like modern look, drink wine and dont want to finish a whole bottle, having a party, or want your wines served at the correct temperature this is a great buy.
on January 2, 2013
This is a great machine for home use. Chilling a bottle of wine does not take long at all. One should be prepared for the semi-loud noise it makes when it breaks the vacuum seal and when resealing. The noise is tolerable and short lived. Overall I am very pleased with mine. It is also quiet impressive to guests.
on February 3, 2014
Pros - seems to work well with all types of reds (i dont drink whites, but should work for them as well).
I had a bottle of Rioja in it last week and i purposely had a little every day. It turned on the 8th day. All the other days were great.
Very nice look, packaging was good.

Cons - noisy refrigeration compressor, Not horrible noise, but annoying.
I tried one screw cap bottle with the extra inserts that come with it and it didnt work.
on February 26, 2014
This machine lasted less than 2 years - no wonder they only offer a 1 year warranty! Their customer service is horrible and there is no consideration or offer of a discount coupon or anything to replace the unit. The machine was well maintained and the filter cleaned as required. It was not abused in any way. Worked great when it worked. Then is started shooting a lot of air out. Finally it simply would not power up after cleaning after less than 2 years. I would expect a costly unit like this to last much longer - at least not to die after less than 2 years.

I would recommend a less expensive wine saving kit available on the Internet and in many stores. Save your money. Sure it looks cool, but do you want to be out all the money when it breaks and have to replace it with it's short life span. Oh, and the customer support is very poor. They could care less and just repeat a script. DO NOT BUY THIS! Very POOR quality!
on April 16, 2015
There are two aspects to this gadget: (1) dispensing - I rate it 5 stars for ease of use and effectiveness; unlike some other products I have come across, Skybar doesn't burden me with too many irrelevant functions and options; (2) preserving - early days yet because I have only used it on about 10 bottles of red and white, but the preservation effectiveness is not as great as I had expected, but surely adequate for up to 4.5 days for young vintages especially whites but just 3 days for more delicate ones.

Overall the product did not disappoint. I have purchased another 3 units since then.

I am a little nervous about leaving a bottle hanging inside the unit though. I am sure it is perfectly safe but it would be great if the product comes with an adjustable base.
review image
on January 6, 2016
I bought this for my girlfriend for Christmas and was very excited my girlfriend being quite the wine drinker. Opened it on Christmas morning and much to my surprise it wouldn't except a 1.5 liter bottle of wine despite being advertised as being able to do so here on amazon. What is the point in creating a wine system meant for partys unless you can fit a full size bottle of wine in it. Just know that before you buy this product that the features and details on this page are incorrect. Would definitely not recommend this product to anyone who wants to buy two 750 mil bottles in one night just to satisfy guests. Completely in practical design.
on July 12, 2014
This is a great item. I have two and many friends who have been impressed enough to order their own. My only complaint is that the literature doesn't emphasize how important regular cleaning can be. It is very important to run a bottle of warm water through the system after about three bottles of wine to keep it free from clogs. Otherwise, it's great.
on January 31, 2014
So much win.

Have everything? Don't need a separate wine fridge, but at the same time think the idea of pushing a button to dispense your alcohol is cute? Like those statues in Europe with little cherubs peeing? This is for you.

My friends can't believe I bought this, or that it works so well. Sure, there are a few issues: it's huge, a single bottle is 3-4 glasses for the avg drunk, or 20 for the avg restaurant.

It relies on ambient temperature to maintain the internal temp- ie: sometimes it will think that it is done chilling if the room it is in is below the temp you are chilling to.

Now you're asking why I don't buy more heaters.

Still, it does what it says.

I recommend, strongly, that PRIOR to putting ANY bottle in you oxidize the wine. Otherwise you will not recognize the taste. Trust me.
on September 22, 2014
Works fine but did not last more than 2 months. So calling customer service to get it replaced.