Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on January 22, 2014
As many reviewers note, these do work, and they work well. Kept in the freezer, these will chill a substantial glass of wine quickly. The chill drops stay pretty cool themselves for a long time and can be used for chilling more than one glass though the second glass takes longer. Simple rinsing and drying keeps them clean and the holders are dishwasher safe. The instructions caution against washing the chill drops in the dishwasher though.

The description says "Fits...Champagne flutes." They don't, at least none of the variety of flutes I have. The drops are all too large for the glass opening.

One caution: these drops have a club-like business end and a small thin handle. Given that I am quite the klutz, I find the chill drops too easy to drop inside a glass especially with wet hands, or to bang the club end against a fragile thin glass edge. I do wish the handles were designed for greater grip and were less slippery with wet hands, hence my 4- rather than 5-star rating. Also, for tall but large red wine glasses, the 5-3/4” chill drop is not long enough to stick out of the glass and could be another annoyance to some.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 26, 2013
Was skeptical, but read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. I couldn't be happier. The "Drop" as it's called, preformed as promised and chilled the red wine almost instantly. For Whites , it KEEPS IT CHILLED for as long as it takes for you to enjoy your glass ( or two) of wine. Stylish, not too big and it does the job. The insert says to freeze for 5 hours, place the "drop" into a glass and THEN pour the wine over the "drop" in your glass.
For RED wine, they recommend 2 minutes, for White and Rose'.....4 minutes based on a 4 oz wine glass.
I chilled my white wine but use the "drop" to keep it that way. All I can say is that it worked great on the wine I served at Christmas.
Made a believer out of me.
on July 9, 2012
my wife was using ice cubes, she wanted to buy those ice rocks. but i thought this was better and my wife loves it. worth it and it works well.
on January 30, 2011
These drops are amazing! They chill your wine (and other beverages too) extremely fast! They are very stylish and make for an interesting conversation piece as well since many people have never seen these before. No matter what temperature you like your drinks at, these drops can get it there quickly. Leave one in a glass of wine for about a minute and it will be as cold as if you had been chilling it all day.
on April 27, 2011
Great product. My wife likes her red wines chilled & was always putting ice cubes in her wine.....total party foul!!! These are kinda pricey, but they really do the trick, constructed very well. No more watered down wine!!
on January 8, 2012
This item is perfect when you want the wine that is not in the wine fridge! It chills the wine, in the glass, in a couple of minutes. If you are looking for a gift for a wine lover who has it all (or so you think), get them the chill drops. Every time they are used, I hear "I love this!"
on January 17, 2014
I purchased this for my friend who is a white wine lover. Adding ice cubes just dilutes wine, so we needed something else. The stones sold also on Amazon work just as good, but taking them out when you are ready to drink is an inconvenience.

Tip: when you are done using chill drops, be sure to rinse it with water and wipe thoroughly as even the minimal amount of water will freeze as soon as you put it back into the freezer.
on December 11, 2013
the video shows a much nicer box for gifting, the box i got was one that would hang in a cheap retail store. the product itself also seems of a lower quality than they imply. i got two both as gifts and im sure they work fine just a much lower quality than advertised. if these where full price i would be returning. as mentioned in previous reviews the stems are plastic and do not meet with the dongle.
on January 8, 2015
If you don't have a fancy wine fridge, these are a neat little trick to get wine ready for drinking. I bought these as a Christmas gift for my wife who likes to drink white wines. If you store these in your freezer, you can open a room temp bottle from the rack, drop one of these chill drops in, and have it at a great drinking temperature in usually less than 4 minutes (depending upon your temp preference). I even like to drop the temp on my red wines sometimes and in just 2-3 minutes, it's perfect. Once you've used it, just rinse it off and put it back in the freezer for the next time.
on January 7, 2014
Works exactly as advertised and is great for those living in a warm climate who can't leave red wine at room temp. I live in Florida and this is such a fantastic little tool. I use it on a regular basis to chill a glass of white or red wine. I have also used it for juices and other drinks I forgot to put in the fridge and don't want it to get diluted by ice.