Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 701 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 765 reviews
on June 9, 2011
Rufus, our 2yr old Boxer absolutely loves this toy. If Rufus doesn't have an outlet for his endless energy, he can be pretty crazy in the house. Give him 10mins with this toy, and he's a perfect little knocked out docile angel.

Yes-this is essentially a gigantic cat toy, but it's perfectly designed for doggies. They can chase it around in endless circles, or you can use it to get them to leap and jump (see the video of Rufus) till they've used up all of their energy.

Best money I've spent on a dog toy in a long time.
55 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2016
My Shibas are obsessed with this toy. They love to hunt it, fly through the air, and pounce it. They look just like cats with this toy. The only problem is, it's a lot more of a one dog toy. I've had it two days and have already had to break up two fights. I think I might need another one, but I'm not sure how easy it is to do one in each hand :) I even tried giving one of them just the replacement toy and she ran off and buried it. They have at least 20 toys and they then fought over the replacement that she had buried. Something about this toy!
review image review image review image
on March 16, 2013
We recently adopted a high energy mixed breed working dog (border collie/aussie etc.) and have been struggling to give him enough exercise each day. I looked at this toy for about six weeks before ordering it because our little darling is a determined power chewer and can destroy "indestructible" toys in nothing flat. I'm SO glad I finally ordered it! Thanks to the Amazon community who -- once again -- helped me find a great product. We've been using this toy now for about a month and it's still in great shape -- aside from being regularly soaked in saliva! Our dog really, really, really loves this toy. My husband gave it a funny name and plays with it using a funny voice, and as soon as our dog hears the toy name or special voice, he just goes crazy with excitement! It's incredibly fun. NOTE: If you have a young energetic dog like we do, work him up gradually and be alert to safety. We recommend starting on grass or a soft carpet -- something a bit padded and with good traction. We made the mistake of playing a few times on a hard wood floor and our hyper excited young little dog landed once or twice on his back. After that he was afraid of the toy for a few days. We started again gently keeping the toy trajectory low to the ground and playing only on grass and carpet. We were also careful to avoid motions that would lead him to twist too much in the air before landing. After a few days he was back to happy hyper excitement and leaping high in the air again like a crazy little daredevil. After a month he is so skilled and coordinated that we don't worry about bad landings anymore. His eye-object-mouth coordination has improved, he is better at catching (and releasing!) frizbees and balls, and we can see him paying attention to how he lands. It has made a real difference in his coordination and balance. It's a great toy for little dog athletes-- as good a discovery as the wonderful Chuck-it Glowball. I can't say enough good things about it. And tough? No problems at all so far -- it's still in great shape. My husband has taken to using the replacement teaser toy by hand as a quick fun break indoors when he is at his computer and out dog is with him. One other tip: try using an old coat and gloves the first couple weeks if you play outside. Our dog got so excited he got a little careless with his teeth when were were taking it away from him, and he also wanted to bounce off of us at first as he lept up and down. Wonderful, wonderful toy to exhaust and entertain your dog while entertaining but not exhausting yourself!
on October 17, 2016
I am blown away by how much my dogs love this toy. I have two boxers that are very high energy so I was looking for something that could wear them out quickly on days I don't necessarily have a lot of time to devote to playing with them out in the yard. This definitely does the trick. I'll play with them for 10 minutes and by the time we come back inside they're both laying on top of the air vents with their tongues hanging out the side of their mouths. They would literally play until they passed out if I'd let them. It is probably the only toy I've ever had for them where I am able to play with both of them at the same time instead of having to alternate which one I play with. The little animal at the end of the rope is torn up, smelly, and so covered in slobber that it is now permanently crunchy feeling, but they still love it. We have to keep it up on a shelf in the laundry room when I'm not outside playing with them with it. So now the moment I get home from work they run to the laundry room door and start scratching at it, running in circles, and barking because they know it is time to play with their favorite toy. The only cons I can come up with are that once the dogs DO catch it, it can be a little difficult to get back, we clearly need to work on our "drop it" training. Also, the handle is getting a little loose, but when you've got a 65 lb. boxer that is all muscle pulling at the other end, it's no surprise that the handle would get a little loose considering we play with it daily. This toy is AMAZING and I will be ordering spare toys for the end soon and will definitely reorder another tail teaser if this one every breaks. I absolutely recommend this for anyone with a high energy dog that needs a quick way to burn some energy.
on May 10, 2014
It's a teaser with a long cord, specially for small breeds, that's good becuase they run a lot.
I have an hiper dog... of those who cannot sleep at night... in 30 or 40 min of this, she's perfectly fine for sleeping.

Good points:
AMAZING idea, is really great to see something like this, it's simple but works and it does it greatly. The tail is cute, the replacement is insanely appreciated (because I live in another country and would hate wainting for 2 weeks for replacement). Funny characters full of fur, the squeaker is resistant and sounds loud enough, not too much just... perfectly.
The shaft is well done and love it!!!

Bad points:
It's constuction for the cord is poor, REALLY poor. It's a plastic cord which can easily be broken by any dog. I own a maltese who started broken it in just 1 or 2 mins by bitting it (yes, she ignored the tail a little). Would be great if Kyjen were back to using the cloth cord which was, probably, more resistant. You can find descriptive photos of this problem since I posted some.

For solving the problem of the cord, you can wrap it with a cloth cord... otherwise the original plastic cord would not last at all.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 29, 2017
The overall quality of this toy is nice...however, you must consider if your dog is going to be afraid of it (mine is). I purchased this because she loves laser pointers and I wanted to give her the gratification of actually "catching" something, rather than chasing after a dot. However, she is a rescue and as soon as I pulled out the stick she got scared. She would play with the toy if I set the stick on the ground, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose. She also enjoyed playing with the replacement toy that came with it. Overall, this works well and it is nothing inherently wrong with the product, just that certain dogs are not well-suited for this toy. Please seriously consider if your dog would like this or if it may scare him/her (I wasn't 100% sure with my pup... so I think it would've been better to err on the side of caution) before purchasing.
on July 19, 2015
Our trainer recommended a flirt pole to work on impulse control. Not only is it helping my dog learn that, but it is so fun! To work on impulse control, have your dog sit while you hold the pole. Work up to teasing them with it a little, but don't allow the dog to go for it until you give it a release command (we use "get it!"). Then let the fun begin! After the dog catches it, let him/her play with it for a bit, but then have them let go on command (we use "drop it"), and start the fun all over again! Our dog is quite athletic and we have had lots of fun watching him leap and dash after the toy. It is so fun my 6 year old son begs to be the trainer (and we let him). We will definitely need to replace the toy on the end (after less than a month we are already on the second one it came with), but that is no problem.
review image
Enthusiast: Petson August 6, 2016
My pup (6mo old very high energy) and I love this toy!! It drives her nuts!! I cannot stop laughing as I swing this toy for her; I guess I look like a weird person in the neighborhood... lol It wears her out a lot, after 5-10mins with this toy we now can have a nice walk afterwards (she's tired enough so not jumping around too much.) I cannot comment on the durability as I've just started to use it, but hope it lasts long enough. My dog already bit the code and the squeaky toy several times (she caught it in the air...!!), so I appreciate the replaceable toy part came together :)

update after a week of use:
The toy is still in a good shape, but my pup started not to run as much as she did for the first couple of times. She got smarter and sit next to me and stare at the squeaker part. Now I have to move the squeaker really good to grab her attention as if I was fishing!! lol But she still loves this toy and acts like she's chasing a small animal for real. (When she stares at it, she looks like she thinks it's real.) It's also a good toy to practice "Drop It" coz it's really hard for her to let it go once she catches it.
review image
on May 18, 2017
I ordered this 3 days ago and received it yesterday. I bought this for my 13lb, 3-year old energizer bunny dog. He loves squeaky toys and has tons of energy that is hard to burn off when it gets hot outside. This thing is awesome! I had to let him play with the little rat thing for a few minutes first because he was scared of the rod and rope part. Once he got attached to the squeaky toy, he decided it was okay to chase it on a stick. So basically you may need to introduce it to your dog before you go all out with it. Another thing - be careful when you are trying to reel your pup in - if he or she lets go, the rod will fling back and smack anything in its path. Make sure it's not your face or anything else that is breakable. I did let him play with it without immediate supervision for a few minutes, which means the squeaker died an early death, but he still loves chasing it and there is a back up squeaker rat if he gets tired of the quiet lure. All in all, I am very glad I bought this. The rod part is sturdy and the squeaker toy is small enough for littler dogs. If your dog is addicted to anything that squeaks and has energy to burn, this is a great, cheap way to keep him entertained inside and outside of the house. 2 thumbs up from me and 5 stars from my pup.
review image review image review image review image
on April 19, 2017
I am really disappointed with this. I bought an earlier version of this teaser from Kyjen several years ago and it was great. The furry baits were larger and more robust. What disappointed me about this isn't necessarily IT but how it is packaged. One of the furry attachments was pre-attached to the teaser and it was nearly impossible to remove without cutting the loop on the furry attachment, NOT the teaser, which would have made it impossible to reattach to the teaser. The packaging should have not attached the furry thing, OR used the loop on the teaser to attach the furry thing to the loop. Also, the furry things included aren't very robust. My son's dogs are hard on their toys and the older version lasted maybe a week. These won't last the day. However, I am not sending it back as the teaser itself appears to be as robust as the older version, and we can use it with other toys.