Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on March 7, 2011
The knives are extremely sharp. They cut almost effortlessly, and the material and shape of the handles are really comfortable-and don't slip. Seriously, even if your hands are wet, it's still very easy to keep control of the knife. They brighten up my kitchen, but I do wish there was a more neutral color option, like black or white handles. I think this set is perfect because instead of all the steak knives most sets come with, this one comes with 4 paring knives. This makes more sense for my household because we are constantly using the paring knives, but hardly ever use steak knives. With our old set, we were using the steak knives in place of paring knives because there was just one paring knife. This is a perfect combo of the most useful knives. I love it!
on April 30, 2012
I'm not a regular cook, so I wasn't looking for a great set of knives. That said, these are good enough and also relatively inexpensive. As others have noted, they are sharp, so that is an obvious plus (but keep a box of band-aids nearby). Also, I like the colors and non-slip handles. The block for holding the knives is adequate and doesn't get in the way on the counter. One annoying negative for me are the too numerous paring knives. There are four of them and I'll argue that nobody needs that many. It would be better to only have one, or ones with different lengths. Another annoying thing are the scissors that separate for easier cleaning. I find that they come apart too often when I'm simply trying to use them, so in that sense I see this as a needless gimmick. Please, I only want scissors, not some Inspector Gadget add on! Along with a paring knife, the bread knife is probably what I use most often; it's a bit thin, but seems to do an adequate job and I like it. Individually, I'd say these are good knives, but as a set it could be better put together.

One year update: I find that I'm still annoyed with having four of the same-sized paring knife, and the scissors that seem to constantly come apart. I continue to use the bread knife and the paring knives for the majority of my kitchen needs, and I especially like the bread knife which is good not only for slicing bread, but also cutting vegetables and spreading things (like mustard).
on August 4, 2016
I have had this knife set for 4 years. I originally chose it because of the colors that matched my kitchen.
It has proven to be a quality set and something that is used on a daily basis! I have not sharpened any of the knives yet, though they probably would benefit from it.
The scissors are great and easy to clean. Overall, it has been a great knife set!
on October 12, 2011
This a fabulous little knife set. I don't have a lot of counter space, so I love the slim, economical design of the block. It comes with everything I needed for my kitchen: chef's knife, Santoku, bread knife, 4 steak knives, pearing knife, and a surprisingly nice pair of kitchen shears. They arrived pretty sharp, and have stayed as such for a few months. They're not "scary sharp", and my Global chef's knife obviously is much higher quality than these, but one of their knives costs as much as this whole set. For a beginner/intermediate chef with a limited budget, these knives will definitely do everything you need them to.
on June 21, 2012
I like the knives in this set. I ordered it because it did not come with steak knives as most knife sets do. Instead, it has several paring knives, which I use constantly.
What I did not know was that the knife holder is horizontal, instead of vertical like my old set. Therefore it takes up more counter space, and the knives are more difficult to take out and put back. The holder is not as solid as my old one and tends to tip more as it does not sit firmly on the counter.
Bottom line: knives good; holder not so good.
on November 14, 2014
These knives started out nice, but I found them to not be durable. Two of the handles fell off of the knives while using them after only a few months - while cutting vegetables the handle snapped away from the handle. They also seemed to become dull rather quickly - it was more like crunching through food instead of slicing it. I did like that the set came with a pair of scissors, which came in handy quite a bit and the handles were comfortable. I've since moved on to a Zwilling J.A. Henckels knife set which, while much more expensive, makes food preparation much easier.
on October 23, 2012
I bought these knives from amazon for the price and dependability of amazon. I am very happy with this set. I had a set of knives that was given to me years ago and they finally started loosing handles.I bought this Rachael Ray set for the size and price. I don't need a lot of the knives included in most sets. These knives are very sharp and very handy. There are 5 paring knives and three larger knives also a kitchen shears that comes apart to clean (my husband thought they were broken). I use the paring knives most, but the others are terrific too. They look good on my counter and don't take as much real space as the big block. The only thing that keeps them from being perfect is that I will have to sharpen them someday. I knew the Fury name for knives as they make hunting knives. That was the clincher for me. I know that I will enjoy using these knives for years.
on July 10, 2012
I have the East/West knife from Furi/RR and adore it; it's definitely my go-to knife for just about everything! Because of the price differential ($60 for one knife vs $40 for a whole set & block!) I was curious if these would be of the same quality. I got mine yesterday and am really happy with what I received. The blades aren't quite as thick as the E/W but the quality is awesome, handles are super comfy and grippy, and the presentation is really cute- a nice spot of color in my white kitchen! The kitchen shears are great as well, coming apart at the hinge so you can sanitize effectively (I use mine for trimming chicken, steak, etc). Couldn't recommend this any more enthusiastically!!!
on December 4, 2012
so this easily would have gotten 5 stars had the scissors not broke immead. after removing from the box, they are pretty cheaply made the little clasp that retains them together came off.. that being said, they still work, i still use them, and would still highly recommend the set, i got these mainly because the look of the blcok was what i was trying to go for, plus they looked very durable, and dont come with a lot of junk knives that wont be used.. the knives are by far the sharpest i have owned and i do not regret the purchase at all, ive had them a few months now and no issues with discoloration of the blades, altho i am relatively meticulous to was and dry them right away
on December 11, 2016
The best thing about these are the colors. They only lasted us about a year before they started breaking. Pretty disappointed because I enjoyed using them, they looked great in my kitchen! I wouldn't recommend buying them though. Don't waste your money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question