Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 991 reviews
on April 7, 2011
My husband wanted one of those $300 commercial waffle makers like at the hotel breakfast bars. . . but those were just too pricey and HUGE. This one is compact and makes superb waffles. It heats up fast, cooks them perfectly, nothing sticks to it, and it is really easy to clean up the drips.
11 comment| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2011
I've wanted to purchase a belgian waffle maker and decided on this model based on the reviews I read...all true. If you follow the simple directions, you will have absolutely no problem turning out a perfect waffle the very first time as I did. I've owned waffle makers in the past and none lived up to my expectations as this one did. The flip design is an asset.
I've read in other reviews that cleaning is a little difficult, that's true. But then I remembered a little tip from when I owned the George Forman grill. Here's my tip: let appliance cool down for a bit but not completely, then take damp paper towels and place on the grid, close lid and let it completely cool down. Use the same paper towels to wipe down any dampness. Works pretty good.
The only thing that got me pissed was when I tried to remove the stickers from the top and front of the maker, the paper backing & glue still remained. I hate that.
All in all this appliance is two thumbs up!
33 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
This item was purchased on Dec 22, 2013, and worked well until Dec, 2014. This unit was well-maintained, and in accordance with the directions. This unit was used approximately 30 times. The heat dial was not used beyond midpoint, and the unit was never left on, and was unplugged after the last waffle was baked. The plastic mounts holding the heating surface degrade, and the screws holding the two components fall out. This will occur on both sides of the unit (photo a). Secondly, one of the plastic brackets governing the rotation snapped off (photos 2, respectively). While this review corroborates other owners' experience, it was hoped that this unit would last longer than 1.5 years. This item will not be repurchased.
review image review image
on December 8, 2014
Poor quality! This is the 2nd one that I purchased. The 1st one broke within a few weeks. The handle. I put it to the side to return later, but had forgotten about it and by the time remembering the return policy had expired. So in 2013 I bought again. Well, not even a year and the same thing, the handle broke. I could understand if I used it often, but at the VERY most it was used once a month. And that was only to make 3 waffles for the family. Less than 12 times using and its useless again. Stay away from this product.
on August 13, 2015
I LOVE this waffle maker! My husband and I have tried a variety of from-scratch batters, all with excellent results. I really appreciate the review for this product from Gamer 101 - great suggestions and helped us make beautiful, fluffy waffles starting with our very first attempt. I wish that the plates were removable, but this was the highest reviewed 1 1/2 inch thick Belgian waffle maker that I could find and it's really not too difficult to wipe clean. For some variety & when you are in a hurry (or just lazy), I recommend making cinnamon roll waffles. Just buy a tube of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, and put one raw cinnamon roll in each quadrant of the waffle maker. Close the lid and flip as normal. When the light turns green, the cinnamon rolls are ready to devour!
on February 13, 2015
I had a bad experience. The second time I used it, it was broken . The point over it rotates didn't support the wafflemaker anymore. I bought it because I thought Oster was a good brand, but it wasn't
review image
on February 9, 2014
I previously bought two waffle makers of a different brand and at twice the price. The first I had for a few years and then plastic parts broke off. I thought it might have been damaged in my move. So I bought a second one of the same model. It was obviously made more cheaply than the first one I noticed right away, and the price was more than my first purchase. It lasted only a little past the year warranty period and stopped working altogether.

Because the reviews were good, I decided to try this Oster a couple of months ago. I can't speak to longevity at this point, but the waffles have turned out perfect every time. I make up my own batches of various types of flours and ingredients, which I was concerned about. My previous waffle maker did not do well with some batches and mixes that I concocted. I have no such problem with the Oster. I also like that it does not take long for the waffles to be crispy and yet not overcooked or udercooked.

So far this Oster Belgian waffle maker is just perfect for me and the price is great too.

It is very light weight and not that sturdy looking, but I am not moving anytime soon so it should be okay for awhile. I will let you know if I have any problems down the road. Right now I am very happy with it.
on February 2, 2016
I really don't understand why they wouldn't make a removable plate. It is not easy to clean. They say "you don't have to disassemble it to clean it" in the instructions, but I decided to try anyway by unscrewing the plates (there are a few screws holding it together), but what they meant was "you can't disassemble it." The electrical wiring is attached right to the back of the plate so there's really no getting around it. Bummer. Also, after only several months of owning it, a critical piece of the handle chipped off and now it's useless.
on August 19, 2011
I've never used a waffle maker before. I did a thorough search and read SO MANY reviews on different machines. This one seemed to have everything I was looking for. I got it in the mail this week and tried it out tonight. I used the classic buttermilk recipe that was in the user manual and followed the tips and directions to a T. They turned out perfectly! They were so huge we could only eat one each. So easy (if you follow the directions):
-Wait for the green light
-Scoop a spoonful of batter into each of the four sections
-Spread the batter evenly (it should be just below the edge line of the bottom section)
-Shut the lid and immediately flip
-Wait for the green light to come back on, flip it one last time and then open the lid
-Presto - waffle time!

I was worried it would be a pain to clean since the plates don't come out but the cooked batter wipes right off the machine and out of the grids. It's a definite winner.
on March 10, 2017
This waffle iron is awesome! Makes thick waffles that don't stick. Love this!!!