Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dwellstudio Wooden Puzzle, Stacked Animals
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Color: Stacked Animals|Change
Price:$5.64 - $20.53

on April 12, 2012
I wanted to love this puzzle. I loved it online, and since I am not much of a fan of the Melissa and Doug brand, I thought this puzzle and the others by DwellStudio would be great. I have other Dwell Studio products so I thought this was sure to be a great puzzle.

Pros:
- Cute images
- Shapes are easy to remove from the board.

Cons:
- We purchased two puzzles and BOTH arrived with smeared paint. Not a big deal, but I expected better from this company.
- The colors are MUCH darker than you are seeing in the picture on Amazon. I know that monitors vary, blah blah, but honestly, the green looked light green or bright green in the picture and is actually much much darker. Overall the colors are darker and not bright and engaging, which is what you would want for a young child.

Overall, I was very disappointed by the dark, drab colors and the smeared paint so I returned these puzzles. A bit sad, as I really loved them in the pictures online.
on October 4, 2013
This puzzle is adorable and well-constructed from good materials, the one problem is that all the pieces are one of two shapes and can fit in any of the puzzle slots. My 18-month old is good at puzzles but he doesn't recognize colors yet so he can easily fit the pieces into any given slot and it's not much of a challenge. If I were buying this puzzle for color matching then it might be okay as the kids are supposed to match the color and number of bird with the bird underneath, but I would prefer that in addition to the color and number matching that each of the shapes be slightly different so as to give an added challenge and more versatility to the puzzle.

For now I'm sticking with the Melissa and Doug puzzles, which are of similar quality and cuteness but come and different puzzle shapes.
on October 1, 2011
My little one loves owls and this puzzle is extremely easy for him to lift the pieces in and out. He's 20 months and it doesn't have the frustration that some puzzles do when trying to put the pieces in exactly. Colors are very bright and he loves matching up the colored owls. Good quality.
on October 20, 2011
I got this as a gift for my daughter. It is so stinkin' cute! It is good quality, I expect to see it played with for years to come.

My only complaint is the price. It does cost more than other wood puzzles. I guess you have to pay for the cute.
on September 7, 2012
I looked all over for a SOLID wood puzzle for my daughter when I read that this was "solid wood" and saw how cute it was I was stoked. It took a long time to come and when I finally got it... I saw it is PLYWOOD. I'm VERY frustrated and will be returning the puzzle. The colors are bright and it looks like a nice puzzle, if you don't care about it not being solid wood I would get it, although I never opened it.

Update:
Amazon was very accommodating in my return and it was a very easy, hassle free return. And as I said before the puzzle is very nice, just NOT solid wood.
on August 15, 2012
My 13 month old loves this puzzle. She can't really "do it" yet, but she enjoys the thick pieces, and chews on them constantly without leaving teeth marks. She likes the colors and tries to put the pieces in their places, but hasn't figured out that you have to turn them and what-not. I suspect she'll get a LOT of play out of it for the next couple years.
on December 22, 2012
We bought this for my daughter for Christmas and I love it! It is the most adorable wooden puzzle we've seen. It is very well made, great quality and I love the colors. My daughter just turned one and she loves it. She hasn't quite figured out how to put the birdies back into their place but she'll sit and play with this for the longest time. Great product! I'd recommend to friends & family.
on March 16, 2011
We have an owl theme in my daughter's nursery and this is the perfect addition. Plus, it helps her learn numbers AND colors. Love it.
on December 13, 2011
This cute puzzle has chunky pieces that are great for little hands and the cute owls are fun to count.
on April 21, 2013
A sturdy and colorful puzzle that holds the short interest span of the young one it was bought for. I am very happy with this purchase.