Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: A|Change
Price:$48.95+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 739 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 798 reviews
on March 12, 2015
I don't know how I lived my life without this. Seriously it is one of those products that the second you use it, you are amazed and in love. I have two Golden Retrievers and one German Shepherd, so as you can imagine, the shedding and the hair, is endless. I hate brushing them in the house because the hair gets everywhere, and if I brush them outside my yard is covered with clumps of hair that eventually look like drowned rats the next time it rains.

The Dyson Groom solves all of that. There are virtually no flyaway hairs when brushing and for the few that do get away- you are holding a vacuum hose, so just point it at the escaping hair and it gets sucked right in. I am not covered in hair after using this, my house isn't covered in hair, and the dogs seem to enjoy it. I switched from one Golden to the Shepherd and the Golden came walking over trying to nudge his way in as if to say, I am not done yet! My Shepherd had terrible aggression issues towards the vacuum when we first rescued him, and this doesn't bother him at all. (We worked long and hard to re-train that behavior and I can now vacuum around him with him being calm and non-reactive. I definitely wouldn't try this on a dog that has fear or aggression towards a vacuum. I just mention this here to say that I had a dog with that behavior, and with patience and proper training I can now vacuum him, so don't give up.)

My dog's coat is left with a very soft and clean feeling. I imagine this to be because while the suction is removing the hair, it is also removing dirt, and dead skin cells.

My only issue is that I don't want to stop grooming them with this. It is so satisfying to remove all of the hair, that I had to force myself to stop.

I am going to use this every day. If you have big shedders, and you have a Dyson vacuum, you absolutely need this in your life.
review image review image
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
After reading the few available reviews here and elsewhere I ended up purchasing this item. It was quite obvious from all written and video information what this product is and does.

I have three full grown labs, two black and one yellow (Gracie, who sheds like it's 95 degrees year 'round). Hair flies off Grace constantly as she walks around the house. I've used this thing on her several times now and actually looked closely for hair dropped on the floor during the process...I have yet to find ONE piece. It actually suctions from above the brush mechanism as you're brushing with the button pushed so as to suck up (according to Dysons site) hair and allergens...seems to be so.

Admittedly I was a bit skeptical and was more than prepared to return it should it not work well. I'll not be returning it.

Yes, it's made out of plastic, like pretty much all other Dyson products. No, it's not "cheap" plastic. It's heavy duty, well made, well fit material.

There are actually more bristles than I had thought based on the photos and they are smaller and shorter. I was worried they may not work well with medium length lab-hair...they do.

Yes, hair and dust sticks to this, just like every other Dyson product. Get yourself some Static Guard spray or take a dryer sheet and wipe down all the surfaces that attract hair...problem solved. Actually Dyson should include an environmentally friendy anti-static spray or cloth with all their vacuums.

The only slight issue I had was finding out whether it would work with my Dyson Vac...the DC23 Animal Canister. You'd think I wouldn't even need to check, what with the "Animal" designation on the vac but the Dyson site was pretty ambiguous about it...saying that it wouldn't work with some canister models, particularly the Motorhead versions...of which it seemed the DC23 Animal was one. Works fine with this canister and looks as if it would work with just about all the Dyson upright and canister vacs.

The videos on the Dyson web-site are pretty impressive. So much so they tended to make me even more skeptical. I can tell you without a doubt they are not doctored in the least...when you let that button go and the bristles retract the hair disappears in a blink.

Oh, yes and you should definitely either make sure your dog will tolerate the vacuum being so close first or be willing to put some time in to accustom him/her to it.

I would highly recommend this item to anyone with a shedding pet (although the cat won't have anything to do with it...yet)
99 comments| 344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2016
I was skeptical but love my Dyson vacuum and all of it's current attachments so I gave it a try. Our little guy (50#) has a fairly long coat and this time of year little tufts of hair are all over the place. Brushing him daily but just can't keep up with it. My vet told me to have him shaved but I really didn't want to do that. I had no idea how this worked but we got it and it is FABULOUS! Jack is not afraid of the vacuum so that didn't present a problem. You push a button on the top of the attachment...and combs pop through the head ...you brush the dog and when the comb is full release the button and all the hair is sucked into the vacuum and any loose hair is also sucked up while brushing. We had a full canister in no time...which I emptied outside for the nesting birds this spring. In a matter of minutes Jack was clean of all loose hair and doesn't look like a mangy little mutt...his coat is nice and even. This little gem probably costs much less than a trip to the groomers and is totally worth every penny! Thank you Dyson...you have a lifelong customer in me!
on November 18, 2016
Amazing! Worked better than expected and it's nice not to have all the hair left on the floor afterwards
review image
on August 3, 2015
When ordering this I was a bit worried that my yellow lab would not like the noise of the Dyson vacuum and/or the tool. She was a bit apprehensive at first but with a few treats she was game. She's been shedding like crazy and the German Shepherd we're dog sitting for the next three months is even worse. I couldn't wait to see if it would make any difference and I was very pleasantly surprised. After about three to four 3 minute sessions with each dog we have significantly less hair on the floor and on their beds. More so I can see the difference on my clothes and on the couch where our lab cuddles up with us when we're watching TV. Even though my wife and I brushed them regularly before the Dyson grooming tool delivers much better results.
When I pinch my yellow lab and try to pull some hair out I usually get one or two now whereas three days ago I would have had at least 10 hairs between my fingers.
Two thumbs up for this invention by Dyson. Thanks so much for making my life easier and grooming quicker without having all the pulled out hair flying around in my backyard.
on July 17, 2017
I have the Dyson animal. I have to detach the long red section of the hose to get this to attach directly to the hose and push on it really hard to keep it from coming off but it doesn't matter because I love this thing! I have a black medium haired dog and we live in Colorado so no matter what when I brush him he gets white dander specs on him but with this thing it vacuums all of that up along with the hair and he looks amazing afterward! Took a few days of treats and conditioning training before he warmed up to it but now he doesn't seem to mind since he loves being brushed.
VINE VOICEon June 1, 2013
EDIT: I'm feeling pretty foolish, because I just published this review with a title reflecting that it didn't fit but that I would keep it anyway. I went back and tried it again. It goes on VERY hard the first time and you have to have it perfectly lined up and then push HARD to get it onto the hose. I'll leave the rest of my review as is, but wanted to say that I wonder if others had the same experience as I did and then just gave up, when it really did fit their machine. I think it will go on easier next time!

Original review:

I think I can still make very good use of it, even though it doesn't fit my Dyson. I have a Basset Hound and 2 cats. Both are shedding a lot right now. I'm pretty disappointed that it doesn't fit into the hose of my DC14, but since my dog and cats are really skittish about the vac anyway, what I am doing is just using the tool apart from the vac and then every time it gets full, I just hit the button on the vac for a quick second and hold the tool up to the hose. It sucks the fur right in.

For me, the slickest part about this is that it DOES release the hair off the brush bristles. I can't do that with my regular handheld grooming brush...I'd be grabbing and trying to comb the fur out of the bristles. Not so here.

I am going to try to come up with some kind of adapter to make it fit the hose. Maybe by then my dog and cats will be okay with me running the vac while I brush them. In the meantime, we'll get by with my workaround.

Btw, I bought a refurbished/used unit from Amazon so I didn't pay anywhere full price. That's another reason why I am willing to work with it. Had I invested the full price into this tool, I would probably try to return it.
on January 10, 2017
WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!! we have a siberian husky and two times a year we end up having to vacuum every single day to keep the clumps of fur flying around the house. This attachment works really well, our dog's coat looks clean and shiny and it quickly gets rid of all the white undercoat stuff that ends up getting into, over, under, and all around everything in the house. Now the house is pretty much dog-hair free and we don't have to vacuum the floors every day anymore
on July 20, 2017
This brush sucks up a lot of my golden retrievers hair, but it doesn't do a good enough job to replace her undercoat rake. It is wonderful for inbetween her monthly bath and rake to keep her hair off the floor and in the trash though. Of course she doesn't like it much, but the more we use it the more she gets used to it. The bristles on the brush are sharp though, so I wouldn't press too hard or go over the same area too much.
review image
on January 28, 2016
I have a golden retriever who sheds like crazy. I was a little hesitant to buy this. It's expensive! I was worried how my dog would feel about being vacuumed. But I had to try it! Well I love it. My dog isn't quite as fond of it but is getting used to it. It really has helped with all the loose hair around the house. Introduce it slowly to your dog and you and your fur baby will be much happier. I definitely would buy this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.