Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

2010 Exclusive Hess Truck with Jet

on June 12, 2011
My 5yo son got this for his b-day. This set was extremely inexpensive compared to other similar items and delivers so much more. There are two buttons on the truck to make the lights flash and about 4 buttons on the plane to make all kinds of sounds like taking off, landing, and flying around. There is also another button on the bottom of the plane to keep those noises going without having to push buttons if your child wants to fly it around for hours. The seller shipped it out incredibly fast, it got here in great shape, and it very durable for a 5 yo. If you have a careful toddler or preschooler, it would be just as fine for them, though there are parts (like wings) that come off so you'd need to provide supervision (as with anything) for a younger child.

Update: It's been a year and half since we bought this truck. It has been played with by 5 year olds and 2 year olds and has not broken. It still works. My 6 year old has donated lots of his old toys, but this is one toy he wanted to keep!
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on December 18, 2013
Gave this as an early Christmas present to my friend's son who is crazy for anything having to do with trucks or planes. Though it was a little pricey for a gift to a little boy, it was hard to resist the "two-fer" that it offered on his hitlist. And boy was it worth it. He LOVE LOVE LOVED it. The sounds it made were awesome and the truck and jet were obviously high quality. He played with it, for hours until he had to leave. We'll see how it shakes out after Christmas - but I'm pretty I get the award for best gift this year. :-)
2 helpful votes
on March 27, 2017
to Collection >>
on October 9, 2017
This toy was built incredibly well. My 3-y.o. grandson loves it! The lights and sounds are impressive.
on January 15, 2014
We bought this for our 5 year old son who loves airplanes. This is a very high quality toy. It is well made and will last a long time. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the airplane wings. They come off so it could fit into the box. They also often come off while he is playing with it. Sometimes he can't get them back on himself. We are able to help him, but I wonder over time if they connections will not work in the end.
on January 15, 2017
My son loves it! Very sturdy, it's better quality than any of his other trucks, and he loves the jet with its lights and real jet sounds! Will be purchasing other Hess trucks.
on January 21, 2017
Awesome. Crazy jet sounds. Lights. Awesome. Just don't accidentally cut the plastic straps holding on the jet wings. They are NOT part of the packaging!!!
on January 1, 2013
I got one of these for my son (5 years old) and one for my nephew (3 years old), as well. They both love them. They have all kinds of lights and sounds, and are the perfect gift for a little boy. There is a lot of things to interact with and a lot of ways to play, while at the same time, the truck is not so large that it's one of those toys you can never find a place for. Even my daughter (1 year old) and her little friends like playing with it because of the lights and sounds.
on January 18, 2013
My F-in-L gave my son (3 yr old) the Helicopter from 2012/2013 at Christmas. I was so impressed by the quality and had never seen this type of promotional toy before. I looked into them and found there was one for each year. I am sending them as gifts now and have collected about 8 of the toys. Incredible lights/sounds, nothing like a cheaply built toy you might expect, seriously good value and well built. 3 or 33, you will be impressed and want more of them.
on December 26, 2013
Got this for my godson, and he really liked it! The jet makes cool engine sounds and lights flash. The truck has flashing lights but makes no sound. It would have been better had the truck also made sounds (boys love sounds!). It's a well constructed toy that I expect will last him a long time.
2 helpful votes