Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 524 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 566 reviews
on October 23, 2014
The actual size is 8 x 11 x 14 inch (h x w x d) not 8 x 12 x 15 as posted on the description and on the product label. Otherwise they are an good quality product for the price.
review image review image
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
Pros:
sturdy
flexible
foldable
looks great

Cons:
Canvas was rougher than I expected
Handle only on one side. There are no pics available of a handle-less side, so I expected both sides to have handles...

Doesn't matter to me, but a heads-up:
the measurements listed are a little bit off. The jumbo size is listed as 10-Inch h by 19-Inch w by 16-Inch but it's more like 10-Inch h by 18-Inch w by 15-Inch
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2015
I work out of state so I recently rented a room in a furnished apartment to make commuting easier. The room I rented has a bed but no dresser. I bought a set of Sterlite shelves (also from Amazon) and these boxes to store my clothes. These boxes are great! And they are larger than I pictured them in my head. As you can see in the picture I can place two on a single shelf, side-by-side, but I can't put the tops on those boxes due to the width. That isn't a problem as those boxes are going to be my most often used ones and I probably would have the tops off more often than on anyway. I agree with other reviewer that I wouldn't want to fill these boxes up and then carry them around full (which may be way there is only one handle and not two). But for simple organization/storage these can't be beat.
on April 9, 2015
Ordered this to keep clutter out of sight in my laundry room. Works so great I just ordered a second one!
on May 2, 2012
This is a good portable box. It collapses flat well and easily and is great if you need to transport a travel box with you somewhere. It is cream colored with a cute brown handle on the side as well as cute brown trim.

Suitable for minimal use, but not much more. It can be carried well due to the nice handles on the side, and can hold a fair amount of supplies inside, but nothing too heavy or the box will fall apart. It is very simple construction and will not hold up well to much abuse - so I would not purchase it for anything that will be moved around too much. Putting it on a bookshelf is probably the extent of it, but using it as a moving crate is not a good idea.
on January 3, 2017
I like the construction of this storage box. It came packed flat and after opening it is sturdy enough to hold three fluffy sets of our winter flannel sheets in one and a couple of seasonal beach towels in the other. I don't expect to be moving them often, so they should hold up. The lid fits tightly and doesn't pop off when filled, but I folded the contents to be slightly smaller than the box, so that is what I was expecting. I also like the fact that the sides are vertical instead of being angled slightly wider at the top than the bottom. It looks better on my shelf that way and holds more.

I was disappointed that there was a 1/2" diameter brown stain on the side of one box, but I pushed it against the side of my shelf and don't see it anymore. It also mentioned reinforced sides, and I thought that might mean there was a wire frame like so many storage baskets, but unfortunately it seems to be just cardboard. The price seems a lot for cardboard and inexpensive fabric, but it's not like I was going to make something like this for myself. I tried stacking the two up but the bottom box started to bow out under the weight of the upper box so I put them on separate shelves and stacked lighter items on top of them. This only works because the boxes are full to the very top so the weight of the smaller basket on top is supported by the sheets/towels inside. I don't think the lid alone would be supportive enough over time. This storage box certainly fits the bill as a household essential. It isn't fancy, but it's decent looking for the open shelving in my bathroom and I'm happy enough that I won't be returning the two that I purchased.
on August 31, 2016
Love these bins, seem to be good quality construction, and should hold up to my kids constantly throwing toys in and out of them. Had a hard time finding bins that were as big as these are, love the size.
on November 28, 2016
I bought the jumbo box and liked it so much I've ordered several more. It's easy to set up, and perfect for storing videotapes, files, books, whatever. I don't know that I would want to haul it around a lot because I don't know how sturdy it is, but it's great for getting your things organized and out of the way.
on June 14, 2017
These are absolutely great, made out of the same material as the (square) cubes you can buy. They are not cheaply made or looking. These are twice the size in length and have lids so dust stays off your items inside. I have to say they are excellent quality, heavy material and the lids are just as nice and fit on as they are supposed to . I have deeper shelving and these are perfect for not wasting space. They do not have a bottom that helps them stay open though and I did have to cut something to give them a good base (not a big deal). I liked the first one enough to buy a second, I am very pleased with these storage boxes and would definitely recommend them for great storage.
on June 12, 2015
I specifically purchased this no-window attractive tweed-like cotton/poly heavy-weight box for my odd-shaped delicate china items that I wanted to leave bubble-wrapped. The lid is tight-fitting to protect against dust (sand where we live) and the handles are sturdy but not rigid. I put several bubble-wrapped heavy china items in this box and placed it on the shelf next to all my see-thru window boxes of china plates, bowls and dishes. Since the fabric handles of these boxes are flexible and not rigid, you can set other boxes (from Household Essentials) side-by-side without rigid handles preventing a tight fit! Very attractive arrangement!

I highly recommend every dishware, flatware and storage box offered by Household Essentials -- especially since I bought 17 myself! We live in a very arid and dusty environment of the southwest and I couldn't risk a zipper failing, or padded plastic-like material eventually disintegrating. That's why I chose the poly/cotton storage chests.