Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 209 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 234 reviews
on December 10, 2010
I was really surprised to see "SLINGO", an old favorite of mine, suddenly available for my Kindle. Years ago I had a hand-held version, and to this day it had remained my favorite Slingo. The newer ones have gone off on too many tangents. I'm happy to report that this version of Slingo is almost the same as the original!

The board is the typical Slingo type, with five columns of five numbers.....just like a Bingo card. There are five reels at the bottom, one for each row, and when you spin them, numbers appear. If a number matches one on your Slingo card, you get to mark it off. The idea is, as in Bingo, to eliminate all numbers on your card.

You get a total of 20 spins to clear your card. As you clear one or more rows, columns or diagonals (called a "Slingo"), you are awarded points. If your removal of a single number creates more than one Slingo, you are awarded bonus points. Removing numbers on your card is easy done by using the 4-direction button on your Kindle.

Along the way, there are other items that may or may not show up on your reels. Jokers can be used to match and remove any number in a column. Devils will take 1/2 your score, unless a Cherub also appears to save you. The Cherub might on occasion also double your score! Coins sometimes appear to give you an extra 1,000 points each.

Spins 1-16 are free, but your last four spins will cost you from 500 to 2,000 points. You can win free spins when they appear on your reels during the game.

The stats page is very nicely done, and includes some interesting stats such as average score, average card-fill percentage, total Slingos, etc.

The only thing missing from this game is the sound. But I never did like listening to the Devil laughing whenever he took half my points, so I enjoy not having to hear him.

This Kindle version is a very good adaptation of a classic hand-held and PC game, and I think it is well worth the price. If Amazon keeps this up, I may have to unload a few books from my Kindle to make room for the games! (Not really, as each game seems to take up the same amount of memory as just one book.)
99 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2010
I like playing this game on my new Kindle.Reviewers could be hasty in some of their reviews. What do they expect on a Reading Device anyway? I am happy with Slingo on the Kindle, it will be a change of pace in between books.It plays like the Slots, and Bingo and is based on the roll you get. Simple and easy. Strategy well not much at all but neither is a slot machine. You pull the lever and hope for the matches. Same with the Slingo game.I do like it.
on February 18, 2012
Slingo is my game of choice to play with my 84 year old mom- the numbers are large and easy for her to see, she can easily push the 5 way button to spin the numbers, and it's easy to guide her to the ones that will create the Slingo, if she doesnt see it. It is also very helpful that the SPIN flashes at the bottom of the page, so if you don't want to look at the top where it says "No Matches-Spin" you don't have to. Very nicely done for older folks.

We get a LOT of laughs when the devil steals half the points- and when the cherub saves some of us, but not others! Nice touch!

Slingo is a nice game to play when you don't want to give much thought to a game, but there ARE ways to get higher scores. Use your jokers to strategically get those diagonal Slingos, but wait for that middle spot so you can get triples. My high score is over 60,000 points! So if you think it's just a Bingo game, remember when you use the Jokers that you want to make it so the last number will give you a two or three way Slingo.

Our favorite game, in addition to Battleship and Panda Poet.
on December 14, 2012
Slingo is a kindle game that combines both slots and bingo to make slingo. I first got this game on my standard kindle,and it worked good. After receiving my Kindle Paperwhite and downloading the game on that as well, it didn't work. It takes a long time to load and, after lots of tries, it can't seem to work. It still works on kindle but it's a waste of money for those people who bought it on the paperwhite. Though it is a decent game, it's a shame it doesn't seem to load on kindle. It flashes and the screen turns white. Hopefully amazon will be able to fix this error. Other than that, the games actually quite fun. I would recommend it to anyone who has the standard kindle. I don't know if it works on kindle touch, but I read a lot of reviews saying that slingo doesn't work on their paperwhite and experience the same technical difficulties. A game I recommend is Grid Detective.

If it worked on the paperwhite then I'd definitely say that this game is great, and it's a great way to have some fun.

Gina Bertaina, age eleven
on September 5, 2016
I wish you could get prizes for when you unlock an achievement. Also, I wish the achievements were more possible to complete. Also, what are reels? And one more thing. I wish you wouldn't have to pay for more spins after play once you run out of free spins, you should be given a choice or just be able to use free spins to go on.
review image
on June 2, 2017
Fun to play.
on March 11, 2013
Slingo essentially plays itself, but forces you to press buttons to keep it going. You just hit Spin, select the numbers it tells you to (the game will not allow you to make a mistake and miss a number) and eventually find out how much you won. There are some rare cases where you can make a choice due to a wildcard, but generally the choice is either obvious or has no strategic significance.

Presentation is fine and spinning the wheels is somewhat entertaining for the first few minutes, but I found it to be a very limited game of chance for $3.99. May be of interest to people who like slot machine games, though there isn't even the strategic element of locking in selected symbols.
on January 6, 2014
Quick, simple, and very very addictive. You think you will play for just a minute and then you say "just one more game." But, you say that over and over again until it's been half an hour.
on December 13, 2010
I bought my Kindle to read books..that's it, just to read books. But I saw that Slingo was available for download and decided to give it a try. Now I wish I hadn't because it is so darn addictive! I can't stop playing it! The game is just like the online version. A bingo/slot hybrid. Its a quick game that keeps you occupied. If I have one complaint its that I wish it could have sound. Other than that, its a fun game and works well on my Kindle!
on December 13, 2012
It's not as good or detailed as the Facebook version but it's good enough. It's only 99 cents. I still have fun playing it and it is good for passing time waiting for someone, appointments, etc.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question