Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 207 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 232 reviews
on December 10, 2010
I was really surprised to see "SLINGO", an old favorite of mine, suddenly available for my Kindle. Years ago I had a hand-held version, and to this day it had remained my favorite Slingo. The newer ones have gone off on too many tangents. I'm happy to report that this version of Slingo is almost the same as the original!

The board is the typical Slingo type, with five columns of five numbers.....just like a Bingo card. There are five reels at the bottom, one for each row, and when you spin them, numbers appear. If a number matches one on your Slingo card, you get to mark it off. The idea is, as in Bingo, to eliminate all numbers on your card.

You get a total of 20 spins to clear your card. As you clear one or more rows, columns or diagonals (called a "Slingo"), you are awarded points. If your removal of a single number creates more than one Slingo, you are awarded bonus points. Removing numbers on your card is easy done by using the 4-direction button on your Kindle.

Along the way, there are other items that may or may not show up on your reels. Jokers can be used to match and remove any number in a column. Devils will take 1/2 your score, unless a Cherub also appears to save you. The Cherub might on occasion also double your score! Coins sometimes appear to give you an extra 1,000 points each.

Spins 1-16 are free, but your last four spins will cost you from 500 to 2,000 points. You can win free spins when they appear on your reels during the game.

The stats page is very nicely done, and includes some interesting stats such as average score, average card-fill percentage, total Slingos, etc.

The only thing missing from this game is the sound. But I never did like listening to the Devil laughing whenever he took half my points, so I enjoy not having to hear him.

This Kindle version is a very good adaptation of a classic hand-held and PC game, and I think it is well worth the price. If Amazon keeps this up, I may have to unload a few books from my Kindle to make room for the games! (Not really, as each game seems to take up the same amount of memory as just one book.)
99 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
Slingo is my game of choice to play with my 84 year old mom- the numbers are large and easy for her to see, she can easily push the 5 way button to spin the numbers, and it's easy to guide her to the ones that will create the Slingo, if she doesnt see it. It is also very helpful that the SPIN flashes at the bottom of the page, so if you don't want to look at the top where it says "No Matches-Spin" you don't have to. Very nicely done for older folks.

We get a LOT of laughs when the devil steals half the points- and when the cherub saves some of us, but not others! Nice touch!

Slingo is a nice game to play when you don't want to give much thought to a game, but there ARE ways to get higher scores. Use your jokers to strategically get those diagonal Slingos, but wait for that middle spot so you can get triples. My high score is over 60,000 points! So if you think it's just a Bingo game, remember when you use the Jokers that you want to make it so the last number will give you a two or three way Slingo.

Our favorite game, in addition to Battleship and Panda Poet.
on December 14, 2012
Slingo is a kindle game that combines both slots and bingo to make slingo. I first got this game on my standard kindle,and it worked good. After receiving my Kindle Paperwhite and downloading the game on that as well, it didn't work. It takes a long time to load and, after lots of tries, it can't seem to work. It still works on kindle but it's a waste of money for those people who bought it on the paperwhite. Though it is a decent game, it's a shame it doesn't seem to load on kindle. It flashes and the screen turns white. Hopefully amazon will be able to fix this error. Other than that, the games actually quite fun. I would recommend it to anyone who has the standard kindle. I don't know if it works on kindle touch, but I read a lot of reviews saying that slingo doesn't work on their paperwhite and experience the same technical difficulties. A game I recommend is Grid Detective.

If it worked on the paperwhite then I'd definitely say that this game is great, and it's a great way to have some fun.

Gina Bertaina, age eleven
on September 5, 2016
I wish you could get prizes for when you unlock an achievement. Also, I wish the achievements were more possible to complete. Also, what are reels? And one more thing. I wish you wouldn't have to pay for more spins after play once you run out of free spins, you should be given a choice or just be able to use free spins to go on.
review image
on March 11, 2013
Slingo essentially plays itself, but forces you to press buttons to keep it going. You just hit Spin, select the numbers it tells you to (the game will not allow you to make a mistake and miss a number) and eventually find out how much you won. There are some rare cases where you can make a choice due to a wildcard, but generally the choice is either obvious or has no strategic significance.

Presentation is fine and spinning the wheels is somewhat entertaining for the first few minutes, but I found it to be a very limited game of chance for $3.99. May be of interest to people who like slot machine games, though there isn't even the strategic element of locking in selected symbols.
on January 6, 2014
Quick, simple, and very very addictive. You think you will play for just a minute and then you say "just one more game." But, you say that over and over again until it's been half an hour.
on December 13, 2010
I bought my Kindle to read books..that's it, just to read books. But I saw that Slingo was available for download and decided to give it a try. Now I wish I hadn't because it is so darn addictive! I can't stop playing it! The game is just like the online version. A bingo/slot hybrid. Its a quick game that keeps you occupied. If I have one complaint its that I wish it could have sound. Other than that, its a fun game and works well on my Kindle!
on January 6, 2013
I think I had played this about a million times on my original Kindle - it is definitely addictive. It is a short game that requires some strategy and is fun to play. It was originally not available on the Paperwhite, and when it did become available it worked sporadically. However, they issued an update, and it is now just as good as the original. Response time drags by a second or two sometimes - otherwise perfect.
on March 7, 2011
Unlike many of the other reviewers, I had never heard of Slingo before finding it as a game for Kindle. I have been playing it for about a week and all I can say is "Wow!" This game is so addictive, I have trouble putting it down. I was previously addicted to the Kindle game "Every Word", but played it so much that I kept getting the same words over and over. This is a nice change of pace and perfect for a quick mind rest between chapters. My only complaint would be that I wish it was possible to reset the scores because I already have all of the awards and would like to try and earn them again!
on July 24, 2015
When I bought this I thought it would go on my Kindle Fire but instead it downloaded to an old black and white reader which is really hard to maneuver. Apparently, it isn't compatible with the Kindle Fire. If I had known that, I wouldn't have purchased it. Money wasted.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question