Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
My 8 year old has been getting into legos something fierce lately, and last month as a Vine member, I was able to get hold of the Megabloks Elephant set. So for xmas, I then got him another half dozen megablok sets to go with it, this among them.
This was the first one we built after xmas, as a "starting" point. This was the smallest, so a good way to get his feet wet again.

The build is pretty easy, and the instructions are laid out as Megabloks do it, with the colored points showing exactly where the pieces get placed on other pieces. Sometimes this works well, but other times (as with the wraith ghost) they aren't quite accurate and you really have to pay attention to where there were mistakes. This one, however, had no issues with the build instructions.

Pieces all fit together very well, had no trimming or anything I had to do (as I had to with the Elephant). Pieces held well, and was solid after building was completed, other than the rear two fins, which are held in only by a couple small plastic pins that insert into the rear of the main body. If someone tries to hold it up by those, they could snap. My son was cautioned how to hold it during play.

As others have mentioned, the top canopy doesn't really stay on well, and it's tricky for an 8 year old to get the Elite figure positioned correctly inside since the head doesn't move up and down so you almost have to position it like it's riding a bike. But it's a fun representation and he loves it.
on February 21, 2013
I typically am not a fan of the Mega Bloks Halo series of toys but this toy is gorgeous. I love the design so much. It's just gorgeous and the color in person is a gorgeous iridescent/slightly metallic violet. I purchased this for my 11 year old son when he was heavy into this series and I really don't care much what he does with his toys after he has them, but I've asked him to preserve this one for me! He thinks it's funny that I like this toy so much so he humors me!

But this really is a gorgeous toy and feels like a quality product sold at a really reasonable price! They hit it out of the park with this little set!

Oh, and it's not all that little when built, it's a decent vehicle size that will fit several of the small characters!
on August 9, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my Lego/Halo loving boyfriend and just when he was almost done building it, we discovered there were some pieces missing :( nothing major and it could still be built and look awesome but it was just annoying. When you buy something like this you expect all of it to be there regardless of if they were major pieces or not. Also the box was all smashed in which looks pretty crappy when you're giving it as a gift. But it's still pretty cool and I would recommend it. I just hope when you buy it that there aren't any major pieces missing.
on December 27, 2013
Bought this for my 8 and 10 year old sons who love Halo and thought it would be a fun toy to get them away from the TV. The quality is average, some pieces were missing and there were extra of others. It is very difficult to assemble for anyone as the pieces all need to be tightly put together. Once assembled, the boys were uninterested as it was heavy and not as durable as other things. It quickly became another toy that was forgotten under the bed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
Got this for my 7 year old for Christmas. He's going thru a Halo phase right now, and absolutely loved this. He likes taking it apart and trying to put it back together. Made for a great Christmas. Try finding one of these during the holidays. Was darn near impossible.
on April 15, 2016
great!
on November 2, 2012
My grandson really wanted this and was thrilled to receive it for his birthday. It helps him to follow directions and see the results of his efforts. Down side is after the hour or so that it takes to put it together, it is just something to dust. I have been buying these and similar lego kits for grandsons for ten years, and I have never seen them take them apart to rebuild, or try to play with them after the first assembly. Still, they are very happy with them, and are willing to spend their own money on some of the larger sets, so if your goal is to make the child happy, it seems to do the trick!
on January 10, 2015
This was a Christmas present - the recipient put it together right away and was so thrilled!
on March 24, 2014
This is a great gift for any child who loves to build. It gives hours of play time and fun and works well with most any brand of building blocks.
on January 16, 2013
Bought this as a gift. It came exactly as described, box was in good condition and came with all the pieces. I definitely recommend this product and it was great find for the price!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question