Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 7, 2014
If you hunt with a bow or crossbow, and especially if you're hunting in hilly terrain or out of a tree stand with steep downhill and uphill angle shots, this is a "must-have" piece of equipment for the avid bowhunter. This takes the guess work out of these types of shots. The Chuck Adams compensates for the angles and gives you the yardage required to make that kill shot of a lifetime. Most standard rangefinders don't compensate for angle shots. Beware! The Chuck Adams is also great for gun hunt use providing accurate yardage up to a whopping 850 yards.

Don't take a chance of taking an unethical shot, or missing that trophy of a lifetime by guessing your angle and distance. Let the Chuck Adams BowHunter do all the work. Good luck and shoot straight!
One person found this helpful
on September 5, 2012
A friend told me about this range finder and how it adjusted the distance when hunting from an elevated stand. I always wanted a range finder anyways and this feature was a bonus. So I looked around the Internet a bit and found the best price on Amazon from which I ordered it. As with my others from Amazon it arrived on time and without any damage.

The range finder comes with instructions, battery, lanyard, and carrying case. The battery is easy to install. Of all things the lanyard is bit weird (at least for me) It has an extra knot which I originally thought was a defect - it is supposed to be there so you can shorten the lanyard to wear around your wrist.

The unit is easy to use - just point, push the button and the distance appears in the screen. I also tried it from a ladder to see how the distance is adjusted. However, I have not tried it yet with my bow to see if there is a difference using the revised distance when shooting - a future update.

The only negative is that in low light settings it is difficult to see the distance so I would pre-check my distances at least during bow season.

Overall I am satisfied with the unit and would recommend it.
on March 4, 2012
This range finder is great, it does the job and also takes into consideration the angle which is very important from hunting from a tree stand. Now I accidentally also ordered a Nikon prostaff rangefinder and the 2 work almost identically the same the only difference is the functionality of the actual button to use the range finder. Instinctively you would think u need to hold the button Down To see the yards however the proper way to use the rangefinder is just to tap the button on the range and it will tell u that specific range until you tap the button again at a different location. Comparing the 2. Nikon has a smoother button press not by a little more like a land slide. Pressing the button down on the bushnell rangefinder can take some patience and maybe some finess where the nikon adjust to a heavy or sensitive touch. Overall I still would use my chuck Adams rangefinder over the Nikon just because I would be in a tree stand, however if I'm not hunting from a tree stand and I am on flat ground I am deffinitly using my Nikon prostaff
on September 11, 2013
This small light weight rangefinder takes advantage of all the current microelectronics to produce a great piece of hunting gear. I purchased this rangefinder to replace one from the 1990s. There is no comparison. This Bushnell rangefinder will fit in a shirt pocket or in a pack with a very light impact on weight. It does what the included users guide says it will. In my case it actually ranges further than advertised. I'd purchase as a gift or replacement of an older rangefinder.
on February 15, 2015
I purchased this unit a year ago and have used during two seasons with no maintenance. Clear view accurate repeatable reliable reading and the numerics shown in the view are easy to read in full sunlight. The best part about it for me is using the unit is as simple as pushing a button to make a reading while looking through the scope. Distance and slope are then both displayed after a short time.
on October 1, 2012
I use this LRF for both rifle and archery and it works great. I didn't see the point in investing a bunch of cash in a high dollar range finder so I picket up this reasonably priced one and it has worked just fine. It adjusts well for declination and range and can lase as far as I could reasonably ask it to.

The further you get with it the more times it takes to get it respond but I'll lase a target a few times anyways to make sure I got a good reading on it. I would use a more durable case if I didn't have it dummy corded to me in the field as I don't think case is very sturdy.
on November 6, 2013
this is a little bad ass right here. the ARC function works a treat. the glass is top class and the size is perfect pocket size. my only complaint is seeing the numbers in low light can be an issue. if they used a brighter red or green read out or had a night mode it would be the best out there. i just pre range my target zones before low light.
on January 20, 2013
I have not yet had a chance to use this rangefinder in the real hunting world. I don't yet know how it will perform in the woods with limb and brush obstructions, etc., but over open ground it seems to work very well and is very light and compact. It will fit in a shirt pocket and handles easily. If it works as well in the woods, and in adverse weather conditions, it will be a good unit. If not, I will re-evaluate..
on October 12, 2013
Climbed into my tree stand and for the first time was able to get true distances to my shooting points with the Chuck Adams Edition. The ARC Bow Mode laser range finder gave me the distance and then calculated the distance using the down angle to give me an archery distance! No more high or low shots!
2 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2013
This rangefinder works great for bow season. Bow mode is up to 99 yards anything after that goes to rifle mode. This rangefinder was cheaper on amazon than at local store. The ARC if you hunt in tree stands in NC like me you do not need it. Most of it is flat land. Now if you hunt in hills you will. Would buy again and for the person that uses bow and rifle like me this is a great rangefinder for both.
One person found this helpful