Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 15, 2009
Wii Dual Charge Station & Turbo Cooler

This charging station is a great buy! I was skeptical though after reading a lot of complaints on the reviews. Many other reviewers are complaining about the cooling fan being too loud and that it doesn't have it's own off/on switch. Also, that the charger requires removing the jacket on the Wii.

It's really not as bad as they make it sound. For one, the turbo cooler isn't any louder than a laptop cooling mat. Really not that big of a deal. Second, when you're not playing your Wii games you can simply unplug the dc cord from the back of the turbo cooler. It's right next to the on/off switch for the light. Just as easy as turning the light on/off. Fast, easy, and again, really no big deal. Finally, charging the remotes, you just pull the jacket up a couple of inches and insert the remote into the charging station. No big deal! People, these are tiny little things that don't require but a few seconds of your time. If you find these to be a big problem, I would have to say that the operator is the problem. The annoyed operator is lazy and has nothing better to do other than complain.

Intec has proved to be a good quality name brand for accessories for the Wii. This is a great item and it works very well. I highly recommend this to everyone!
on May 28, 2016
Works great. I don't like the system too much but this product works very well
on December 6, 2009
Similar issues encountered as decribed by several other recent reviews. We received this docking/cooling/recharging unit as a gift in March 2009. Nine months later, the only thing that works is the fan and the blue lights. The aesthetic design is very pleasing to the eye, but the technical construct is terrible. We do not notice the fan noise as a problem, but the charging cradle is very poorly designed. You simply cannot fit the remote into the cradle without first carefully maneuvering the strap to the side, pulling it up, while pushing the remote down into the charge base cradle. It is difficult for an adult to negotiate, and virtually impossible for a 9-year old. It would have been nice to design a charging base that could accommodate placement with a skin. I realize that maybe too much to ask, but at least if we're going through all the effort of "de-skinning" the remote before charging, let the cradle easily accommodate the landing! The biggest issue of all is that the rechargeable packs are kaput after 9 months of use. They no longer maintain the charge, deeming the docking unit worthless, except for the cooling and the "cool" blue light illumination. I would say don't waste your money on this product, but then again, they appear to be off the market. We are researching better options.
on July 1, 2008
I bought this charger in February, it broke in May. Not the kind of return on investment I was looking for. The internal fan no longer works.
on January 25, 2015
The stand is great, the look as well, but the batteries are laughably short-lasting. I'm giving it 3 stars because it still acts great as a stand for your controllers and if you're only playing a short time (1 hr) the rechargables MIGHT work for you. The switch in the back turns on and off a fan, but sadly the lights stay on no matter what you do. It feels secure, and its I generally like it... but the rechargable batteries being so weak definitely make weary of another such purchase.
on April 10, 2009
Got this for xmas to go along with the kids' new wii. First off, the fan is loud. Really loud. And it can't be shut off without unplugging (which I ended up doing). About two months in, one of the rechargable batteries stopped holding a charge. A month later, the other one stopped working. So after three months, the thing is a very large, very loud paper weight.
on July 29, 2009
I got this for the family Wii and it really seems to do the trick. We were having problems keeping the Wii cool and keeping the controllers charged. This is attractive enough that it fits in with the living room decor, which is a nice plus for me. I would agree that the blue light is bright, but it is not overpowering. I plan on getting another one as a gift.
on January 29, 2013
It charges the remotes efficiently and quickly. The light around the base is not as powerful as the picture indicates, as it is just reflected from the lights on the side for indicating when the remote is charged. Only other thing I would say is that it is very sensitive to how you place the charger in. I had to take the wrist straps off my controllers to charge it. It can be charged with them on, but requires you to wiggle it around until the contacts find their base.
For the price it is definitely worth it though, if you are just looking for a way to charge your remotes in a space saving way.
on March 6, 2011
similar to other people who reviewed this item, it was a bit bulkier than i thought and a bit loud. but the main issue i had with it was the fact that the remotes needed to be pushed down and held down to charge properly, which was obviously not acceptable.
on December 28, 2008
As I've read in other reviews the fact that the fan runs 24/7 is major down fall to this otherwise great product. To fix this problem I installed a switch on the front of the unit that controls the fan. It was an easy fix. I picked up a switch at Radio Shack ($3.00) and was ready to go. I opened the unit by removing the four rubber foot pads and removing the four screws. Once open I removed the tiny circuit board (2 screws). I unsoldered the black wire from the board, a quick easy step. I then replaced te circuit board using the two screws. I soldered two wires (about 4" long) off the two poles on the switch. I then soldered the black wire from the fan to one of the wires from the switch. After it cooled I taped up the connection. Next I soldered the remaining wire from the switch to one of the connections for the charger on the side. These are obvious to find. If in doubt plug in the unit and touch the wire to the connections to see if the fan activates (remember the switch might be in the off position so check it each way). You can also check the connection earlier by touching the unsoldered fan wire to the charger solder areas, this is what I did before I began the soldering. Once the final wire is soldered on just drill the correct size hole in the front of the unit and install the switch. The switch can not be positioned dead center as a post for attaching the base gets in the way. It may sound tedious but the process only took me about fifteen minutes and I am by no means an expert at soldering. It's an easy fix to a stupid problem. After you have finished it's up to you to remember to turn it on and off. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.