Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gateway ZX6900-49 23-Inch All-in-One Desktop (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 14, 2011
Bought this gateway one zx from best buy, had issues right off the bat with programs not working. Exchanged it the next day for another one. This one has had problems from the beginning with the mouse jumping around the screen and clicking things. Called support and got no help whatsoever, told us to reinstall operating system. Did this and still had problems. They gave us the runaround until the support expired and now we can't get any support without paying for it. Do not buy a gateway, they are not what they used to be. They make it impossible to co ntact anyone at gateway because they don't want to hear your problems. This is by far the worst computer I have ever owned, and worst support I have ever experienced. When will these companies learn that customer support can go a long way toward hurting or helping sell your product.
on October 18, 2011
Loved it while it worked. It appears the hard disk failed . Support said mail it to the repair center at MY expense. Said repair will take 7-10 days. We shall see.Support from Gateway has been helpful by email, prompt response so far.
Will send update after repair.
Addendum.....today is the 20th, took computer to mailing service in Lehigh Acres Fl. This is a small community in southwest Florida of about 20000 people.I told them I needed to return a computer under warranty to the manufacturer. They guessed it was Gatway or Acer and they already had the return address in their computer.

It is the most returned computer they ship back......food for thought about Gateway and Acer products.The cost was $60.00

Computer returned Oct 31st. Replaced hard drive. Working OK for now. Will withhold review for a while to see how it performs. The e-mail response was very good from Gateway/Acer.
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
I've had my computer for a little over 6 months now and have had no problems with it so far. I am glad I purchased it and have no regrets at all ! Touch Screen works wonderfully, however I don't use it much at all. Doesn't make much sense using that feature when you still have a mouse and keyboard.
on August 19, 2011
Was in Charleston at a hotel business center when i first saw one of these. Thought it might be just the thing to replace a desk top computer we had in a desk with hutch. The CPU for that computer was enclosed in a compartment of the desk. I was always concerned about CPU heat so I cut vents in the desk (filled them with snap-in grilles I probably got on Amazon) and put a small Kool It fan inside the compartment to move air. Still I operated the CPU with the hutch door open. That bothered other people in the house. It was noisy with the fan always humming. Thought this unit would end that practice and give us some out of sight storage.
It meets that goal. It is large on the desktop but not unsightly. We looked at several similar models from different manufacturers. Settled on this one due to size which fit under the hutch shelf on desk and the location of controls and DVD drive door. This model has door on right side as you face it. That works for us as we have the unit sitting on the left side of the desk close to the upright for the hutch. There is no interference with the hutch and DVD drive is very accessable.
Screen is great. Size allows multiple application windows including MS Word documents to be open and visible simultaneously for ease of editting. Resolution is fully satisfactory for that. Have not used much of the touch screen applications. Have not yet used the remote for the Windows Media management.
We used the supplied wireless keyboard and mouse for a while, but then went back to a wireless Microsoft set we had for the old computer. We like the feel of the set better. Did not have any technical problems with the Gateway set. I have used them with a Dell laptop I had.
The wireless networking works perfectly with our home network including printer and cable modem router.
I am pleased. Price was good, shipping was quick. I was very concerned when the box arrived by UPS. The outer box was beat up very badly, however it was so large it did not transmit any damage to the Gateway packaging.
on February 26, 2012
Bought this All in One back in April 2011. Initially everything was great, loved the size of display, able to edit a large Excel workbook without having to scroll right/left. Then a few months later I started having problems. It wouldn't boot properly, had to <ctrl> <alt <del> and get to the BIOS setup after which exiting the system would boot OK. Also after the system would go to SLEEP I couldn't wake it up. The GATEWAY "HELP" desk, though very friendly, was of little help. They talked me into reloading Windows which ended up being a waste of time. Through out several sessions with their HELP desk I kept thinking that the real problem is with the BIOS. I had searched the GATEWAY website for a BIOS fix but could not find any. I had replaced my wireless mouse and wireless keyboard with a USB mouse and USB keyboard as some of the ONLINE help suggested. It was getting very frustrating every time I needed to use the PC I had to struggle to get it to boot up. Finally I stumbled upon a BIOS patch. WOW - what a difference. Caution the "readme" file that came with this patch is VERY misleading. It referenced files that weren't included with the patch ZIP file. Anyway - It's been several months since I upgraded the BIOS and it's been working GREAT. This is my third GATEWAY. I've owned a PENTIUM 100, bought in the late 90's (recycled a few years ago) and a laptop bought in 2006 (currently my travel PC).
on October 7, 2011
The computer comes with very little instructions. Gateway help line was hard to get on, and the tech. seemed uninformed about the computer. Computer died in less than 1 year. the replacement had no audio, and tech said I needed out side computer speakers. I sent it back. I would not recommend this computer or Gateway.
on June 8, 2011
terrible purchase.after spending 2 days trying to solve a touch monitor where the touch didnot work at all.slow computer.and the worst is tech support in india ,that where out of it ,they didnot have a clue or offered to take over the computer through the internet to solve the problem,just because of the tech support part experience,i will never own another gateway product,it was the first and the last one,i already returned it and lost the shipping fees.
on June 19, 2011
Computer worked fine for 5 months, then touch screen quit responding on different spots. Now keyboard quit. Tech support sucks for Gateway. I bought it when it first came out so paid $300 more for it. Not a quality product.
on June 13, 2011
Looks great- Don't be deceived!
Works good for a while- Don't be deceived!
Blue screen? popped up so much
teck service don't know either- and
the teck service made recommendations
and then they forgot what they recommended
gateway/ Acer terrible product
Now I understand why gateway is using Acer Brandname
gateway sucks!!!
Waste of time
Waste of money
it cost me $60.00 to return it
on January 8, 2013
My daughter seems to have learned more since we bought this and stays more focused on what the task is at hand. I would like to add that those who purchase this or other products that come with batteries; one may want to rethink using batteries that are name brand only and not generic.