Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 376 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 398 reviews
on February 2, 2012
Although these window coverings are supposed to be temporary, I have some that were installed many years ago and are still hanging and looking good. These are much better than the "Redi Shades" that are available at Lowe's, Home Depot or Bed, Bath & Beyond with the clips. I highly recommend them. Most people will not know that they are "temporary."
on August 23, 2013
I used to have a cheap curtain and wanted something that looked nicer and more permanent. This is better than the shades with the clips because you don't need to keep track of them! The drawstring mechanism used to open and close is very easy. It looks great! Love the price!
on June 25, 2015
From the reviews I was a little skeptical on how good these where going to be. If they were temporary or could be used as permanent. How much light they block. Or if they'd even hold up at all.

They are thin vinyl but it's thick enough to block a decent amount of light. I took some pictures of my front window with a single 46" one I received before the 12 pack of 36" arrived a couple days later. You can kinda see the difference between metal mini blinds & these shades. The small side windows are always a little more bright because of the light bouncing between the narrow white walls of their frames so, I added a picture of all 3 replaced too. It's quite a big difference but it's NOT black out if you're looking for that. My house is considerably more dark than before. I have also noticed it's helping with keeping the house cooler. I also have the cheap paper black shades I bought at the same time. I used them to black out my bedrooms, putting them behind these shades. The difference in quality & sturdyness is HUGE! The paper ones do a great job at blocking light but are really cheaply made & would not hold up well at all.

I had old custom metal mini blinds that would cost a fortune to replace since all my window's frames are old & not square or the same size from one to the other. Some are off by as much as 2 inches. These were pretty easy to cut to size & put up. I've had them up for about a month now & decided they're perfect as permanent shades.

Even cutting one in half to cover my 9" side windows worked great. I just made sure not to cut the cord inside. After that I put a little rubber inside the cone end caps on the string so that I can actually still raise them if I want. The rubber gives enough grip to not let them slide down. The cord goes out thru the side instead of the bottom tho, since I didn't make a new hole for the cord yet on the bottom. For as often as I open them, it's fine.

The ones I've put on my french doors have held up really well to my dog's tails bashing them. They can wrinkle up a little if you open them to fast but they are sturdy enough to just lower & do it again slower going right back into shape with putting them up and flattening them some. Good as new! The glue seems to be holding up just fine too.

They are not a true white either. They have a blue tint to them when the sun hits them directly, but are a nice beige in indirect light. It's kinda strange but I have nothing white around them so it's not noticeable to me. If they were put up on a white wall.. it might be noticeable.

Duplicate review on both the 12 pack & single I ordered together at the same time. Please ignore all the dirty furniture in the pictures. The sleeping English Mastiff in one of the pictures doesn't let my house stay clean long. :-)
review image review image review image
on April 19, 2017
We purchased this to reduce the sunlight in a family room while we decide on a permanent solution for our windows. These shades are far better than I expected. The were easy to trim to fit our windows and easy to install. The draw cord makes them easy to lower and lift. Do not waste your money on the paper shades that you have to use clips to hold open. These shades are a much better quality and much easier to use. You don't have to worry about the tearing either. They also block out the sun much better and just as important they lowered the temperature in the room we use them in and that helped on utility bill. We will replace them with something permanent, but these are getting the job done just fine until we do.
on August 16, 2017
This light greyish bone shade is a godsend if you need to make a room darker (it won't ENTIRELY keep out light, but close enough for 7 bucks). Our new place didn't have adequate blinds, and until we decided which window treatment to get, these shades will more than do.

Note, the sticky part in the back (says UP) is very strong. It withstands being pulled down by the button to draw the blinds down. I have no doubt it will take out paint or any material underneath it. In fact, since the large-sized blind was too small for one window, we have a smaller one on top of it, covering a section of the larger blind. Works perfectly.

Loved this so much, I immediately ordered 4 more. Don't hesitate if you're in a jam. This is elegant enough not to let your decor down!
on November 1, 2014
For simple stick on shades these are really nice! The vinyl holds up better than similar paper ones I've purchased in the past and they were very easy to install! I had to cut two to size in a window and it wasn't hard at all to trim a little off the sides with just standard house hold scissors. The draw sting makes it really easy to raise and lower the shades. They aren't black out, but definitely darken the room well. I'm really happy with this purchase and would recommend these shades!
on March 15, 2017
Great Shades
These are the best shades I ever had. All I did was measure the width of the window on the inside, use a pencil marker along the width of the shade to size it, and then I cut on the line I made to size the shade. Then I mount the shade by sticking with scotch green mounting tape I bought from the hardware store at the top of the window sill and stick it on the top sill, then I stick the top of the shade onto the scotch tape (it’s a double-sided tape), then I CAREFULLY pull down the accordion-type shade (I didn’t want to pull too hard or it would bring down the shade (I know the shade is made of tuff plastic). I’m using two shades so far to cover my kitchen windows and they look beautiful. They (in my opinion)
have room darkening feature to it (maybe not a lot, but it’s a lot better than the shades I bought for my house 21 years earlier). And I’m getting ready to put them up in my bedroom as well. I’ll get more if I need them for any of my other windows.
on December 21, 2013
I've spent hours and hours and not only on Amazon trying to find the blinds that would work for bathroom and wont require drilling holes in the glass tile. This vinyl pleated blinds are THE ONLY OPTION on current market! And look at the price! It is like a joke! You can cut it nicely to the size of your window. The way it works is that you hold the ropes in one hand at pull the locking mechanism that holds them together until you reach desired level. When you release the mechanism it holds the blinds. My blinds are light gray-blue which perfectly matched the main color of the tile. I recommend it to all Amazoners
on August 1, 2017
This was perfect for my needs in a vacation rental that only needs air conditioner window unit installed for 2 months. This window has vertical blinds that must be left open when AC is installed. So this little blind cut easily to size, and looks neat and tidy place in window above AC. Functions smoothly too. Would buy again in needed.
on March 25, 2016
These shades do a good job of blocking out light. They are a blessing for those who work nights or odd and need a quick solution to daytime sleeping problems. The mounting tape is surprisingly strong and I don;t foresee any problems with the shades falling. My only complaint is that these Achim brand shades are basically "one size fits all" and they were a little difficult to cut to the correct size I needed. For the price point, I think these are a great bargain.