Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: White Collar: Season 3
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on October 24, 2011
There have been some White Collar fans who have said they aren't happy with S3 of this wonderful series. I have loved this show since the beginning and find this season to be just as well thought out and written and produced with just as much care and love as the other two seasons. The producer has said this is Neal's chance to do the right thing, and in order to show that, there have been some changes of necessity. I fully believe all will be well and we will once again have our Bromance in full swing. Fans just must be patient and understanding of what the writers have in mind. Hang in there, this is the only really great series on TV and the wait is worth it.
on September 11, 2011
I LOVE "White Collar" and can't wait for the season 3 DVD to come out. I own season one and two.

I'm buying the series for the episodes, not the extras, which I find lacking. The commentaries are basically a lot of chatter, with very little useful information given. The gag reels are fun, but I could have done without the F and S word in one scene in season two.

I love the writing and the wit of this series and Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay work so well off each other. Willie Garson is so much a part of the episodes, I hope there's no intention of writing his character out of the series. That would be disastrous.

Thank you for the steady camera work! I'm so tired of the hand-held camera effects and the MTV editing. If you're going to pay an actor to act, you should give him time to react!

I haven't seen this kind of male rapport since Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell in "Quantum Leap." The whole cast seems to work well together and it shows on screen. A wonderful series well worth having.
88 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2012
Following the exciting season finale of season 2, we continue to follow Peter, Neal, Mozzie, and the rest of our favorite suits and con men. This season is by far the most interesting and exciting season yet. It explores the aftermath of the big events in the season 2 finale, and the effect it had on Peter and Neal's relationship, and Neal's other relationships with Mozzie, Sarah, and Elizabeth. We learn much more about Mozzie's origins, including the origin of his nickname in an episode heavily devoted to him. Neal's arch nemesis Keller is back, and we're introduced to a gentleman con man/thief who is very much like Neil. We meet Peter's mentor from the Art Crimes division of the FBI, played by Beau Bridges. And we even manage to learn more about Neil's background and backstory, along with getting yet more questions about him and his background.

If you've been watching White Collar, sit back and enjoy this season. If you just ran across the show, START WITH SEASON ONE. This is one show where the ongoing storyline is important to the enjoyment and following of many of the episodes of the show. Don't let the fact that this is season 3 be too daunting. As White Collar is a USA show, it's seasons are only 16 episodes long, and the shows are easy to watch and enjoyable. Both my wife and myself enjoy the show, and look forward to season 4.
on December 26, 2011
White Collar has intrigued me since the first program. Even the use of windows and sliding doors was fascinating. Add Matt Bomer and Tim McKay and you've got a winner all the way. Love it! Can't wait for Jan 17 and to get the 3rd Season on DVD. I've watch S-1 and S-2 so many times I can say the dialogue before Mozzie does. Keep up the great show.

Adele Kaye
on March 17, 2012
This show is absolutely amazing! Don't let the title trick you into thinking this show is slow and lacking in excitement. The character development is fantastic, the writing ingenious, and the all of the cast are superb! The two main actors (Tim DeKay and Matt Bomer) have unbelievable chemistry on screen, but having said that, all of the relationships are well developed and completely realistic. Totally enjoyable TV!
on July 5, 2011
The plots keep getting better and there's more character development for both Peter and Neal this season. I love this show!
For me, the heart of White Collar has always been the relationship between con man Neal Caffrey and FBI agent Peter Burke. The bromance between the two is so unexpected and so much fun and drives the rest of the relationships on the show. So I was a little worried going into season three because it looked like they would be messing with that relationship. But it turned out my worry was for nothing because this was by far the strongest season of the show to date.

The premise of the show is that Neal Caffrey (Matthew Bomer) is serving the second half of his prison sentence for fraud as a consultant to the FBI helping them take down other white collar criminals. He’s working under the supervision of Peter Burke (Matt DeKay), the only man able to track him down and arrest him. And they make a surprisingly good team.

To properly discuss the on-going story of the season, I’m going to have to spoil the first 5 minutes of the season premier, which resolves the cliffhanger from the end of season two. If you want to go into the season completely and totally unspoiled, just trust me this season will blow you out of the water and buy the set now. If you don’t mind, keep reading.

Season three opens exactly where season two ended – Neal is standing in the middle of a warehouse full of the treasure supposedly destroyed when the U-boat exploded. Peter thinks that Neal stole it or at least knows where it is. But the real thief is Neal’s friend Mozzie (Willie Garson). But before the two can sell their ill-gotten gain and buy an island, they have to make sure that the FBI can’t trace any of it to them.

That means that it is business as usual in the FBI offices. Neal, Peter, and agents Diana (Marsha Thomason) and Jones (Sharif Atkins) track down someone threatening a journalist, find the person robbing a private school of funds, and save a rare baseball from being stolen. We even get a look into Mozzie’s past as someone comes to town looking for the Dentist of Detroit. Sometimes, the cases involve Neal’s new girlfriend Sara (Hilarie Burton), an insurance investigator who used to be chasing Neal for a painting he stole. (Sorry, allegedly stole.)

The show is just as addictive as ever. On New Year’s Day, I found myself watching a marathon of the season three episodes, and I couldn’t stop watching even though I had seen all the episodes before. Yes, the plots are that much fun with some good twists. But again, it’s the characters that are the real pull. I love spending time with all of them. The chemistry between the entire cast is top notch, and the writers liberally sprinkle in humor that keeps you laughing even though this is a serious mystery show. Yes, Mozzie gets all the best lines and they often make me laugh out loud, but the rest of the characters have their moments to shine.

The treasure storyline, which develops slowly over much of the season, is the heart of what drives the character development this season. Watching Neal struggle with what to do with that treasure is amazing. Late in the season, Peter has his own struggle. You don’t know which way things will go because you don’t feel like the characters know themselves what they are going to do. Mozzie is also highly involved in the treasure plot, and the development works for him, too. For the other characters, we see more of Diana’s girlfriend, and even Agent Jones as well as Peter’s wife Elizabeth (Tiffany Amber Theisen) get better development. This was really Sara’s first season on the show, and she gets some development, but she’s the weakest of the main characters.

Speaking of Elizabeth, she and Mozzie are right behind Neal and Peter for favorite relationship on the show. They have a very fun friendship, and their scenes are guaranteed to make you laugh. Meanwhile, Elizabeth and Peter still have a very strong marriage, another element of the show that I love.

The increased layers to the characters required more acting, and the cast stepped up brilliantly. There isn’t a weak performance in the bunch, and they handle the many notes of every episode brilliantly. I have to single out Tim DeKay for special recognition. The first episode of the second half of the season was a powerhouse performance from him. It required him to be two seconds away from losing it and fighting hard to maintain control. He was brilliant the entire way through. If he doesn’t win an Emmy, it is a travesty.

There are four discs in this set, collecting all sixteen episodes in widescreen and full surround. Extras include a gag reel, deleted scenes, and commentary on the season finale. Rounding out the set is a trivia challenge and some behind the scenes fun as the cast confronts creator Jeff Eastin for his excessive tweeting.

To full appreciate this season, you need to start the show at the beginning. It’s so addictive, you won’t mind in the slightest. And when you get here, you’ll appreciate the character development so much more.

I cannot recommend this show or this season highly enough. You’ll love every second of season three of White Collar.
on April 1, 2012
I have recorded the season on my DVR but I can't wait till the entire season is available. I love the commentary and extra stuff like deleted scenes and bloopers. Well worth the cost and I've had it pre-ordered ever since it was offered. Just wish amazon had a release date already.
on August 15, 2011
Exciting, Ingenious and Captivating all that and more..

I have absorbed the past 2 Seasons over the past week and I can't get enough.
It's so slick the way they pass stuff off right before your very eyes. From the first episode it captured my interest and led me away on an adventure. It's been non-stop through all 3 Seasons. I can't wait for the next one to come out and I'm not even done with the 3rd Season yet. Now that's good..

Also a good t.v. show by the same network is Burn Notice. Definately, two of the better shows out there if you like spies, espionage and adventure.
on June 11, 2012
So since it doesn't have a list of the special features on the disk, I'll list them (since that's what sways my buys anyways).

Disc 1 (with Neal Caffery on the disk):
1. On Guard
2. Where There's a Will
3. Deadline
4. Dentist of Detroit
SPECIAL FEATURES:
-Interrogation Room: A Trivia Challenge with the Cast (very funny!)

Disc 2 (with Peter Burke on the disk):

14. Pulling Strings
15. Stealing Home
16. Judgement Day
SPECIAL FEATURES:
-Gag reel (disappointed with this one, because the prior two series censor the "F" word that Matt Bomer is very fond of, but though it's only here a handful of times, it's not only not censored but the gags themselves aren't really all that funny. Sad, because prior seasons had great gag reels.)
- Deleted Scenes (Pretty good additions, not very important overall, you know hence the "deleted scenes" label, but some good additions.)
-Audio Commentary on Judgement Day (Always nice to have the running commentary with the cast, but this is the only episode that has it. Prior seasons have at least two, but nice nonetheless.)

Great season, still going strong! Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay are fantastic and with some more Mozzie and Elizabeth Burke added to the mix, Neal and Peter have loads of adventures ahead of them! Good DVD set, just maybe not quite worth the entire amount it's listed at with no discounts as it's lacking in extras even though the episode count has gone up from season one.